Apple's tvOS on Nintendo NX

• Thread starter Oscar836
  • Start date
Oscar836

Oscar836

Virtual Chores
Towns Folk
Maybe many people thinks that this can be a bad idea but if they made it correctly maybe can be great.

I like tvOS look but I don't like Apple TV because the lack of games but the Wii U has good games but it has a lack of multimedia, with tvOS they can have iTunes (for movies, tv series and music), Apple Music, Spotify, Safari (as a default web browser) and iCloud to save your games and software on the cloud without erasing your progress and move it to another devices or the successor of NX.

appletv2015-13l.jpg

tvOS is the most fancy interface that I saw on any home console, but it doesn't have games.

Also it looks that Apple would like to have a partnership with Nintendo because it look like they are using some of Nintendo ideas like the remote controller or some games from the App Store and it can be better than the collaboration with Bandai Namco with the Pin Pin.

It might not be an exact partnership between Nintendo and Apple, but if Nintendo can manage pull something off like this then I think the NX would become an amazing console right off the bat. Because I think we learned recently that consoles that do games + media excellently tend to sell really well :p

And if not we have good ol' Netflix and YouTube as always

Reactions: Oscar836
It's a decent idea. Nintendo tried doing the TV thing on their own and failed miserably, so partnering with a company like Apple could benefit them in the long run. Whatever Ninty does concerning Television, hopefully it'll be a success this time around.

I think Nintendo might be able to pull this feature off if they do it correctly. It would be a fine addition to the NX, making it able to stream movies and TV shows that we all love and enjoy. Gaming + Multimedia, the perfect combination! I think the layout would be similar to that of the Apple TV, but lets hope Ninty are creative and don't go down that route, even if they do form a partnership with Apple to possibly make this happen. :p

Reactions: 423 and 2205
Nintendo could do this but personally, I don't see the need for a partnership. Considering we already have 5 (6 counting web app) ways to watch videos :p

I'd like that. I don't keep up with a lot of movies, but I like using my consoles for other things besides gaming. I use my Wii U these days more for Netflix instead of actual games these days. Plus, it's Apple, which will be cool. Another thing that would be cool, is if when the NX has Apple TV on, you can use an iPhone or iPad to control the entire console and would act as another controller. But that's me dreaming. :oops:;)

It might not be an exact partnership between Nintendo and Apple, but if Nintendo can manage pull something off like this then I think the NX would become an amazing console right off the bat. Because I think we learned recently that consoles that do games + media excellently tend to sell really well :p

And if not we have good ol' Netflix and YouTube as always
But don't forget hulu, amazon, and crunchyroll

LOL Yes we have those too xD

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Oh yeah. Nintendo, don't forget about those, either. Some people can't live without those stuff. Tatsu, are you referring to normal Amazon or Amazon Prime?

LOL Yes we have those too xD
However, I do just have one thing to say. Do we really need another service for videos? There's already enough choices. I don't see why we would need another.

Oh yeah. Nintendo, don't forget about those, either. Some people can't live without those stuff. Tatsu, are you referring to normal Amazon or Amazon Prime?
I am referring to Amazon Instant Video. I don't know if it is prime or not

However, I do just have one thing to say. Do we really need another service for videos? There's already enough choices. I don't see why we would need another.
If anything we might have too many...
Like the moment I saw cruchyroll was gonna be free to download on eShop I watched all my anime loving friends cry tears of joy. Literally xD

Variety doesn't hurt, Tatsu. Plus, one streaming service may have shows another doesn't or there is an exclusive show or a certain streaming service. Lots of choices is good except for little kids. Which in their case, can't make proper decisions for themselves yet.

Video on Demand thingy? I don't think Prime is a part of it, perhaps just a separate service.

I think it could be related to Amazon Prime.

Variety doesn't hurt, Tatsu. Plus, one streaming service may have shows another doesn't or there is an exclusive show or a certain streaming service. Lots of choices is good except for little kids. Which in their case, can't make proper decisions for themselves yet.
That's especially true with the case of Hulu and Netflix.

If anything we might have too many...
Like the moment I saw cruchyroll was gonna be free to download on eShop I watched all my anime loving friends cry tears of joy. Literally xD
That's what I am saying, we have too much to choose from as it is that another choice would make it difficult to choose as multiple services offer the same thing just for different prices

That's what I am saying, we have too much to choose from as it is that another choice would make it difficult to choose as multiple services offer the same thing just for different prices
You're right. Despite I like a lot of options, this could be TOO much.

Well I just stole the account info from my brother's Netflix account and put it on my Wii U xD
It's okay since we both watch pretty much the same thing so he wouldn't notice it much =p

While I do agree variety is good, there is still the case of YouTube that has everything just modified. As well as exclusives not being enough by themselves to add enough variety.

Back