Homebrew Are you going to use a custom theme ?

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date

Custom Themes: Will you get one ?

• I have one or I'll get one.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • I'm not interested in Custom Themes.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Oh cool, I got like 18 themes since my last post
found it :mahouka koukou no rettousei op

to be honest i don't know how to use custom themes i'm scared i'll mess something up on my ds

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest i don't know how to use custom themes i'm scared i'll mess something up on my ds
It's not like the Wii where there was a chance :p with 3DS (with the access we have) we cant mess something up really bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not like the Wii where there was a chance :p with 3DS (with the access we have) we cant mess something up really bad.
ok thx a lot but i still don't know how do do it i feel like a idiot

ok thx a lot but i still don't know how do do it i feel like a idiot
It's kind of too late for you if you're fully updated and if you dont have Cubic Ninja, or Ocarina of Time 3D with a powersave

It's kind of too late for you if you're fully updated and if you dont have Cubic Ninja, or Ocarina of Time 3D with a powersave
Or a New 3DS with Smash Bros, but let's not talk about that one :p
(Linux is also a requirement but anyone can get Linux at any moment so I didn't mention it).

For now, it's normal, as the 3DS Homebrew Scene was really small (since there was so few ways to run homebrew before: either the "illegal" way, or the Cubic Ninja way. Both of those ways were too expensive to be worth it). But with IronHax and TubeHax being more "public" exploits, maybe the 3DS will get more people to make homebrews for it.

Also, I doubt you can change the 3DS's Game Boot Screen, as I think it's hardcoded into the console's firmware or the NAND (kinda like the PSP GameBoot Screen was hardcoded on one of the four flash memories).
Actually, it's in the exeFS of the program, so it is possible to change it.

Actually, it's in the exeFS of the program, so it is possible to change it.
That's strange not to put it in the OS, but whatever, that mean we may have custom game boot in the future ?

That's strange not to put it in the OS, but whatever, that mean we may have custom game boot in the future ?
Yellows8 already made one. he put the source on his github.

Back