Best "Ability or Skill" in the Pokemon World?

• Thread starter Naiwen
  • Start date
Naiwen

Naiwen

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Which is the "best" Pokemon ability or skill in your view? Like shooting water, fire, or singing the opponent to sleep during a battle or making another pokemon go bersek?

I like Espeon's Ability: Magic Bounce
when it bounces the other poke's affectsto themselves.

Wonder Guard. This ability makes it so that your opponent can only hit you with super-effective moves. It's the best Pokémon move in my book.

I like the ability Synchronize. It bounces most status afflictions back at the opposition. :p

Wonder Guard. This ability makes it so that your opponent can only hit you with super-effective moves. It's the best Pokémon move in my book.
Only Shedinja has/can have that ability.

I like Speed Boost that ability is the beast for a Baton pass team. I'm a big fan of Baton pass teams. Ninjask <3

I like Darkrai's ability - Bad Dreams. That combined with Darkrai's speed, and the Dark Void and Nightmare moves make Darkrai a Pokemon to be feared.
It gets annoying when Shedinja is your last Pokemon and it can't beat the opponent's remaining Pokemon (someone used it against me in Wi-Fi and this happened).

Eventually, the Shedinja will have to use the struggle move and it'll die. Hours wasted, :dead:
I like Speed Boost that ability is the beast for a Baton pass team. I'm a big fan of Baton pass teams. Ninjask <3
I remember this time a guy used a Baton pass team on me. One "roar" and all of that hard work trying to increase stats just disappear. After, I made my own baton pass team, :love:

I remember this time a guy used a Baton pass team on me. One "roar" and all of that hard work trying to increase stats just disappear. After, I made my own baton pass team, :love:
Lucky you! He didn't use ingrain or something? He must be a beginner I guess. Running a Baton Pass team is not as easy as it sounds. :D

Lucky you! He didn't use ingrain or something? He must be a beginner I guess. Running a Baton Pass team is not as easy as it sounds. :D
If you know your opponent's Pokemon or you're good at guessing what moves they'll make or what they'll switch to in order to make a move, you'll know to use roar before XYZ happens.

PS. I never carried a Pokemon that knew roar the first battle I had against a baton pass team, ;)
I can't remember if I won or lost.

If you know your opponent's Pokemon or you're good at guessing what moves they'll make or what they'll switch to in order to make a move, you'll know to use roar before XYZ happens.

PS. I never carried a Pokemon that knew roar the first battle I had against a baton pass team, ;)
I can't remember if I won or lost.
Come Pokemon X/Y, I'll show you how to tackle Roar Pokemon with Baton Pass team. :p In the meantime, I can baton pass Dive kick you in Street Fighter. :p

Reactions: Marc
Not exactly the best ability, but my favorite one is Super Luck.

More like a skill, right?

I like drought, you can make an amazing fire team if you have something that has it. I spent hours in Black 2 trying to find a grotto vulpix so I could finally get something with that ability.

Serene grace! Togekiss & shaymin-s = untouchable after the opponent is paralyzed.

I honestly can't pick a best ability. I like so many of them! Many of them were already listed on the forum (examples: Serene Flinch Hax, Magic Bounce)

Yeah, like @naagza, I can't think of a move, haha. There are too many great moves out there and it's pretty hard to just pick one.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
Yeah, but if you were to say which is the worst ability you could probably narrow it down to a couple like Truant and Slow Start (although arguably Truant is worse)

Yeah, like @naagza, I can't think of a move, haha. There are too many great moves out there and it's pretty hard to just pick one.

I think the same honestly.

I don't have a best skill, but my answer for best ability will be the same as @HuggableEevee ,Synchronize, I love how my Eevee and Umbreon uses the term "what goes around comes around" in battle.

I think surf is the best skill (only because I like it XD) really I like almost all skills

I think the same honestly.
Wow, seems like a bunch of people have the same opinion as me? Who would have known :p (tbh I'm not surprised lol)

Back