Best thing about Classic games?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
what do you like the most about classic Nintendo games? do they seem to be more challenging and fun rather than more modern games?. Or do you just like that nostalgic feeling you get when you play them?

Reactions: Duffy
I like 8-bit sprite work and chip tune music! I like the focus on gameplay. I like the challenge.

Nostalgia is certainly a factor.

Memories. Don't that happen to you that you remember the times you had fun on the console/game when you play it? Well, that happen for me, especially with GameCube and GameBoy Advance/Color games.

Also, just like @TAG, musics have an effect on me.

Reactions: 532 and 18
Challenge is definitely a factor but the music and graphics are also refreshing ^. Modern games definitely seem easier even though it depends on if the [modern] game was meant to be that way. It's really about the connection you have with the game that makes it the best. Besides that, it's amazing how entertained you can get out of an old game compared to a new one. It's about the same even though you can tell the differences between them graphically (esp from SNES/GBA to GCN/3DS).

Classic games, were the best! Those games at that time actually had a good supportive story, amazing music, and it was challenging, but you had fun playing it, even if it made you rage. The Classical music are my favorite, it's beautiful. Those games, to be honest, I felt had some sort of meaning, they were always good (most of them) and each different in it's own special way, now every game every similar. I'm elated, that I experienced those amazing classical games, because the way I see some games, it's only getting worse. For example, Final Fantasy is changing in every game, and I miss the old-time classics, now it's just losing it's taste. The best-thing about Classic-Games (for me) is it's originality (not sure if I made sense there) :panda:

Reactions: 532
Classic Nintendo games has a good story line and design. They are still reusing the same concept in today games

The music is amazing. Sometimes I replay OoT and go to certain places just to hear the kickin music

For me, the challenges, original storyline and gameplay elements (Unlike your typical console FPS game) coupled with the nostalgic feeling in the music just make the experience much more memorable than current modern games. The games that hold the most memories for me are FF VII, Crash Bandicoot, Zelda OoT and FF X.

They are super addictive! I can play them for hours, for days without getting bored. Maybe that is because I was still a little kid back then. Looking back I don't know why I can be sooooo addicted to those games, I probably cannot play them for days anymore.
Comparing to the new games, I'm less addicted to them but I really love how the graphic improve over just a decade!

My favorite thing about the classic games is how the graphics look and the music in the games. The games don't have the fanciest graphics because they're old but somehow it still looks great, and the music is just so simple, happy, and wonderfull.

I like classic music the most from the classic games, they seem really nostalgic. Especially Mega Man 2 music, at Dr. Wily's castle the music is so catchy for me. One of my favorite 8 bit classics if you ask me.

What I like most of classic games is the nostalgic feeling that you get when you play them . It is really great and I like replaying things over and over because many of the old games never tend to get boring . Not to mention the great characters and music that there were

The best thing about classic games is that their repeatability is high, especially for me. I enjoy to play games such as Contra, Castlevania, or Ninja Gaiden whenever I am bored and the modern day games don't seem interesting to me at the moment. They also provide a fair challenge, but it may make you rage on them.

what do you like the most about classic Nintendo games? do they seem to be more challenging and fun rather than more modern games?. Or do you just like that nostalgic feeling you get when you play them?
I love the nostalgic feeling I get replaying through all my favorite levels of a game. It's even better when you haven't 100% it yet, don't use a guide, and you discover something you've never seen before!

I think a lot of it for me is the nostalgia factor, but I also really love the historical aspect. I mean, these games were the bedrock of everything that followed, and reliving that and remembering how cutting edge they once were is pretty amazing. Kids growing up today didn't get to experience that evolution. I feel like we were lucky to get to see it firsthand.

The best thing about retro games is that they weren’t made with the fact that distractions are abundant in modern life. Back in thise days, if you got frusterated at a game, you KEPT PLAYING. And worked to get better at it. Instead, today we often put another game in or text our friends or go on forums online.

Also many old games do so much with such few features and power. They are very minimalistic.

Old games were actually hard. Enough said. :redpanda:

Let’s be fully honest, though. In a society where tons of games now have an “Assist Mode”, the games being produced nowadays have nothing on classics. Older games actually gave you a challenge, and didn’t baby you like today’s entertainment. A man named Bennett Foddy made a quote that I feel fits perfectly with this topic.

“When games were new, they wanted a lot from you. Daunting you, taunting you, resetting and delaying you. Players played stoically. Now everyone’s turned off by that. They want to burn through it quickly, a quick fix for the fickle.”

I agree entirely with this quote. So many games have come out that I can burn though in literally an hour. WarioWare Gold cost me $40, and I beat it in two hours. That’s just not right. ._. I feel like this quote entirely sums up how easy today’s games are, except for the few games that truly test your mettle that release every now and then.

I think it’s also worth mentioning that this quote is from a game called Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy. If you want a real good time, and a truly hard game, look no further than this game right here. I highly recommend getting it, it doesn’t play around.

In my opinion, there's two best things about it: They're challenging, and they brings back a nostalgic feeling.

I know not a lot of people can agree with the nostalgia, but you can agree that most classic games had amped up difficulty to complete them. And to me, it made you feel like you got your money's worth when the game challenged you to the point of where you had to take a break, and come back when you were calm enough to try beating a boss/level. :'D

Best things about old classic games is the nostalgia that people get when playing games like super mario bros, kirby sonic etc. It's also the puzzle solving and really good music that you get when playing them. It also gives the chance that the younger generations get to experience with the classic editions from nintendo, sony, sega etc. With the nintendo switch online subscription you also get Snes and Nes titles to play with for only $30 (Australian)!

The best thing about old game is the retroness of it and the nostalgia of it. I like playing playstation games on emulator just to see what it was like to play those games in the 90s. I was born in the early 2000s so my experience with that stuff is minimal. Also the game has that certain crust to it that is very satisfying.

Back