Best Zelda Item

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Yeah, the Pegasus Boots were an awesome edition for the handheld Zelda games. I wish we saw them more in the console Zeldas though :p
It would be a bit awkward to use honestly. But it is a cool thought though! The controls would feel a bit tight.

It would be a bit awkward to use honestly. But it is a cool thought though! The controls would feel a bit tight.
Well, maybe if you held a certain button it could make Link go in really fast speed. Yeah, I could see it being a bit awkward, but you never know :p

Well, maybe if you held a certain button it could make Link go in really fast speed. Yeah, I could see it being a bit awkward, but you never know :p
True. Great concept, just needs a bit if not a ton of work on how it would work.

True. Great concept, just needs a bit if not a ton of work on how it would work.
Yeah definitely. But Nintendo has its ways of making such concepts work in due time. For example, the Skyward Strike could be considered a variant of the sword beam in handheld games (which was kinda prototyped for 3D Zelda games with the OoT Beta and Majora's Mask Great Deity Mask)

Yeah definitely. But Nintendo has its ways of making such concepts work in due time. For example, the Skyward Strike could be considered a variant of the sword beam in handheld games (which was kinda prototyped for 3D Zelda games with the OoT Beta and Majora's Mask Great Deity Mask)
Well the skyward strike is much more easier to design compared to the pegasus boots. A sword beam could be as simple as slashing your sword and a laser fires out with it, that wont stop till it hits something.

Well the skyward strike is much more easier to design compared to the pegasus boots. A sword beam could be as simple as slashing your sword and a laser fires out with it, that wont stop till it hits something.
and similarly the pegasus boots could work that way in that Link doesn't stop until he hits something or presses some button to slow down or something

and similarly the pegasus boots could work that way in that Link doesn't stop until he hits something or presses some button to slow down or something

But the idea of going in a strait line nonstop in a 3D game feels weird. The point of 3D games is the whole, you can go 360 degrees thing. If you just go in one direction, it will feel REALLY awkward.

But the idea of going in a strait line nonstop in a 3D game feels weird. The point of 3D games is the whole, you can go 360 degrees thing. If you just go in one direction, it will feel REALLY awkward.
nah, it doesn't have to be a straight line. If you look at Minish Cap (I think) while it's in a straight line, you have some control of where the boots go. So similarly, it could be like a speed boost in Kid Icarus: Uprising where you're focused in one direction but you can slowly turn

nah, it doesn't have to be a straight line. If you look at Minish Cap (I think) while it's in a straight line, you have some control of where the boots go. So similarly, it could be like a speed boost in Kid Icarus: Uprising where you're focused in one direction but you can slowly turn
It could work in that sense. Maybe if I could try the concept out, and actually see it in use, then maybe I would have a better perspective on it. Anyways, in most 3D Zelda games, the speed problem is usually solved by the horse, or in SS, the Loftwings.

It could work in that sense. Maybe if I could try the concept out, and actually see it in use, then maybe I would have a better perspective on it. Anyways, in most 3D Zelda games, the speed problem is usually solved by the horse, or in SS, the Loftwings.
yeah, that's true. Epona/Loftwings do help in that regard. But at the same time, there are times when having it could be useful. I know Majora's Mask had the bunny rabbit ears for example, which is a variation in terms of effect

yeah, that's true. Epona/Loftwings do help in that regard. But at the same time, there are times when having it could be useful. I know Majora's Mask had the bunny rabbit ears for example, which is a variation in terms of effect
The rabbit ears were great. But they were also a completely different concept. If there was a more controlled version of that, that could become the 3D pegasus boots.

The rabbit ears were great. But they were also a completely different concept. If there was a more controlled version of that, that could become the 3D pegasus boots.
Well yeah, they were a more controlled version. But it's kinda limited to Majora's Mask given it's kind of a mask item :p I'm sure Nintendo could come up with some 3D Pegasus Boots variant if they ever felt it was worth it though

My favorite is the bow, and it's also probably one of the best ones. It does high damage ( At least in the games i played ) and is easy to use.

My favorite is the bow, and it's also probably one of the best ones. It does high damage ( At least in the games i played ) and is easy to use.
I think Skyward Sword implemented the bow the best. I mean, it's not an automatic move the reticle and press a button, but rather either hold down a button to charge or swing the nunchuk backwards to load a arrow to shoot.

My favorite item is the Bow mainly because of the extra elemental arrows that you can unlock. I especially liked the Light and Fire arrows since they could be used to damage enemies and do stuff like light torches (the fire arrows). I guess my main reason for using them though is the cool effects that you get when you draw one of the arrows (in OoT 3D).

My favorite item is the Hookshot/Longshot/Clawshot. No matter what the game calls it, it is still my favorite item. It is a substitute for the Bow and Arrow, and can almost guarantee a stun, at a price that is, which is how fast the thing gets there. It is very useful to get items from a faraway place as well as getting to a far away place.

I like the bottles/Biggoron's Sword equally

Back