Brexit Chat

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
hahah yes i love politics mmmmm yeah wahooo yess mmmm yay politics oh boy mmmhhjmmmm yeah

Reactions: Jisenku and TheSpiritedWarrior
Seeing the failure lead to me concluding that the U.K, and frankly the EU is the most undemocratic place ever. Judging from the recent bill, the EU seemed to come to some sort of an agreement, but internal affairs in the U.K seems to have lead to gridlock.

This makes me very mad. So much for a democracy when all politicians in the U.K need to do is stall and gridlock. I feel bad for those in the EU who voted a majority for brexit.

Hopefully a deal comes soon in 2020.

Reactions: Jisenku
Seeing the failure lead to me concluding that the U.K, and frankly the EU is the most undemocratic place ever. Judging from the recent bill, the EU seemed to come to some sort of an agreement, but internal affairs in the U.K seems to have lead to gridlock.

This makes me very mad. So much for a democracy when all politicians in the U.K need to do is stall and gridlock. I feel bad for those in the EU who voted a majority for brexit.

Hopefully a deal comes soon in 2020.
I am tired of this... I am ready to yeet Parliament, and just replace them with another... more competent group. Right now these MPs are driving me insane.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

I just also want to reinforce the fact that the original referendum in 2016, was just an opinion vote. Wasn't legally binding.

Seriously though, I would like to know what other countries are reporting news-wise on this. Because at least in the UK, the BBC is doing the best atm, but even then they're doing terrible on coverage from the public side. Tons of protests are happening for anti-Brexit, millions of people total have marched in protest against everything that is happening. On the news? "a few thousand people gather to march.."

This entire thing is stupid and was built from lies and laws being broken, but apparently no one in government seems to care about that much. We have so many more important issues to be fixing like education, the mental health crisis in this country, the NHS and all sorts. A lot more important then "let's have a tantrum and play around with Brussels"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/24/uk/boris-johnson-election-analysis-intl/index.html

So Johnson is calling for a December General Election... EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This entire thing is stupid and was built from lies and laws being broken, but apparently no one in government seems to care about that much. We have so many more important issues to be fixing like education, the mental health crisis in this country, the NHS and all sorts. A lot more important than "let's have a tantrum and play around with Brussels"
If the MPs could actually reach a decision, instead of just endangering the entire nation, the UK could have already been out of this a while ago... BUT NOOOOOO Parliament doesn't care! :(

@BlueJ I know you're not British (at least I don't think you are) but since you seem to be so interested in this topic, do you want the UK to leave the EU or not?

@BlueJ I know you're not British (at least I don't think you are) but since you seem to be so interested in this topic, do you want the UK to leave the EU or not?

Because Brexit will affect every country that the UK does trade and deals with. This wont just effect UK people.

I don't get why it's so complicated for the UK to leave. Why is it taking so long? They should just get it done and over with.

I don't get why it's so complicated for the UK to leave. Why is it taking so long? They should just get it done and over with.

Because it's screwing up our economy and no one in government actually wants to leave. It's not a simple "sign here and done". We have to get a deal which isn't going to screw us over. This deal would include trade with EU countries, free travel, Irish border and so many other things need to be sorted out. It's a mess. And it'll be even more of a mess if we ever do end up leaving.

let's watch the telly and have some fish and chips lassie

There is a lot of corruption in the EU, and they are known to be responsible for the tension between Ukraine and Russia. They are also anti-democratic, which I am all for. They don't allocate their resources correctly, i.e. farmers get 40% of the budget, even though the farmers only account for 1% of the GPD. It's honestly going to be great for the UK to get out of the EU. There is a huge connection with the UK and the US, especially in imports, and if the EU were to affect it, it could be devastating for the US and UK. I just worry about both the trading and wellbeing of both the US and UK and getting out of the EU would be the best thing for the UK.

let's watch the telly and have some fish and chips lassie

There is a lot of corruption in the EU, and they are known to be responsible for the tension between Ukraine and Russia. They are also anti-democratic, which I am all for. They don't allocate their resources correctly, i.e. farmers get 40% of the budget, even though the farmers only account for 1% of the GPD. It's honestly going to be great for the UK to get out of the EU. There is a huge connection with the UK and the US, especially in imports, and if the EU were to affect it, it could be devastating for the US and UK. I just worry about both the trading and wellbeing of both the US and UK and getting out of the EU would be the best thing for the UK.

I think... you have all this backwards actually.

1) I'm not terribly sure where you got the idea that we're responsible for the tension between Ukraine and Russia? That stuff started way back in 1920 after WW1 and the more modern stuff, in 2014 from Putin. It was the Russian Federal Assembly which voted to allow Putin to "invade" in 2014. Putin is way too smart to let a dumb country like our's interfre with something that has been going on for like, nearly 100 years now.

2) Also not sure with what you mean by "They don't allocate their resources correctly" as this seems like a weird thing to say based on your examples, literally every country does this?

3) It wouldn't be great for us to leave, and about half the country, "officially", doesn't want to leave. The other half where fed total lies and broken promises.

If we leave the EU, we will lose access to all the free support and constant grants that they give us. This will hit almost every single industry in a very negative way. This will then pass on to effect all trades and such in a very bad way. It's a domino effect, except when the dominos fall, that's one more broken promise and one more thing that has messed up.

If we end up leaving with no deal somehow, we likely will end up with some catastrophic results which would kill our economy much more. Getting out of the EU is the worst choice, that again, no one in parliament ever actually wanted. Cameron did the vote as a last-ditch attempt to get re-elected. If you notice, he ran with his tail between his legs when he realised he lost and left the country to die. He's very much hated atm.

Some amazing points that I wouldn't be able to replicate

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmauldin/2016/07/05/3-reasons-brits-voted-for-brexit/#568c47871f9d

1) I want there to be a deal, not having it will set the UK on the wrong foot, causing catastrophic results

2) According to Forbes "Opponents of the EU argued that it is a dysfunctional economic entity. The EU failed to address the economic problems that had been developing since 2008… for example, 20% of unemployment in southern Europe." You know the fact that unemployment rates not being addressed are a great reason to leave the EU.

3) 52% of people voted for the Brexit, so it's only 48% of the country that opposes it... (not the best reason... but still)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmauldin/2016/07/05/3-reasons-brits-voted-for-brexit/#568c47871f9d

1) I want there to be a deal, not having it will set the UK on the wrong foot, causing catastrophic results

2) According to Forbes "Opponents of the EU argued that it is a dysfunctional economic entity. The EU failed to address the economic problems that had been developing since 2008… for example, 20% of unemployment in southern Europe." You know the fact that unemployment rates not being addressed are a great reason to leave the EU.

3) 52% of people voted for the Brexit, so it's only 48% of the country that opposes it... (not the best reason... but still)

first off, I wouldn't trust that article at all tbh. The entire leave campaign was built up on proven lies and manipulation. That tarticle doesn't actually get anything right lol.

Employment and economic issues are harder to sort out then just "eh, have some money and it's sorted" ya know.

and for point 3? lol. You know that statistics have changed drastically in 3 years. Not to mention as well the whole "it was an opinion vote" thing, the fact that 16-17 yr olds where not allowed a vote in it, and that not everyone who could vote, voted (those people where mostly remainers since everyone who wanted to remain expected them to win).

first off, I wouldn't trust that article at all tbh. The entire leave campaign was built up on proven lies and manipulation. That tarticle doesn't actually get anything right lol.

Employment and economic issues are harder to sort out then just "eh, have some money and it's sorted" ya know.

and for point 3? lol. You know that statistics have changed drastically in 3 years. Not to mention as well the whole "it was an opinion vote" thing, the fact that 16-17 yr olds where not allowed a vote in it, and that not everyone who could vote, voted (those people where mostly remainers since everyone who wanted to remain expected them to win).
haha tarticle

I really don't understand how this works then, I don't think that I have a place in this discussion, especially since I don't belong to the UK, and nobody around me is following this, and nobody around cares (at least around me). It's just so hard following an issue that never really gets much attention over in America. I am trying to get the proper statistics, but I literally live in a country bumkin city, where nobody cares about foreign affairs, especially not the UK. Nobody here really cares about this sort of stuff, and I think I might just take a break from this.

I agree, fundamentally the issue with EU economics is that one country going in debt or messing with currency results in virtually all EU members being affected by the Euro. The EU is also very constraining when it comes down to trade with to other countries or general policy endeavors deviating from the EU opinion.

I think... you have all this backwards actually.

1) I'm not terribly sure where you got the idea that we're responsible for the tension between Ukraine and Russia? That stuff started way back in 1920 after WW1 and the more modern stuff, in 2014 from Putin. It was the Russian Federal Assembly which voted to allow Putin to "invade" in 2014. Putin is way too smart to let a dumb country like our's interfre with something that has been going on for like, nearly 100 years now.

2) Also not sure with what you mean by "They don't allocate their resources correctly" as this seems like a weird thing to say based on your examples, literally every country does this?

3) It wouldn't be great for us to leave, and about half the country, "officially", doesn't want to leave. The other half where fed total lies and broken promises.

If we leave the EU, we will lose access to all the free support and constant grants that they give us. This will hit almost every single industry in a very negative way. This will then pass on to effect all trades and such in a very bad way. It's a domino effect, except when the dominos fall, that's one more broken promise and one more thing that has messed up.

If we end up leaving with no deal somehow, we likely will end up with some catastrophic results which would kill our economy much more. Getting out of the EU is the worst choice, that again, no one in parliament ever actually wanted. Cameron did the vote as a last-ditch attempt to get re-elected. If you notice, he ran with his tail between his legs when he realised he lost and left the country to die. He's very much hated atm.
A majority voted for the U.K to leave the EU, if this is a democracy a majority voted in favor for leaving then it should be done, period.

In regards to your 3rd point, the U.K has already negotiated with the EU for a reasonable withdrawal, it's stalemate within the parliament that's the issue. It's very complex to sort out these issues and withdraw, but eventually it needs to be done. They've had 3 years, which is far more than enough to sort out their issues.

The EU is also very constraining when it comes down to trade with to other countries or general policy endeavors deviating from the EU opinion.
UK makes a good amount of trading to the US, $300 Billion worth of product comes to the US. If something were to happen with the weird EU, who knows, 300 Billion worth of imports could be gone, possibly a horrible economy tragedy for the US. (If I don't make sense, I am tired)

Reactions: 28142
I agree, fundamentally the issue with EU economics is that one country going in debt or messing with currency results in virtually all EU members being affected by the Euro. The EU is also very constraining when it comes down to trade with to other countries or general policy endeavors deviating from the EU opinion.

A majority voted for the U.K to leave the EU, if this is a democracy a majority voted in favor for leaving then it should be done, period.

In regards to your 3rd point, the U.K has already negotiated with the EU for a reasonable withdrawal, it's stalemate within the parliament that's the issue. It's very complex to sort out these issues and withdraw, but eventually it needs to be done. They've had 3 years, which is far more than enough to sort out their issues.

first point is both right and wrong, but that's getting seriously complex.

technically the majority voted to leave. But again, the leave campaign was built up on lies and manipulation and even broke the law a couple times (which, was taken and looked at formally and ruled that that was the case) as well as the remain campaign literally doing nothing and not spreading any information at all. It was only roughly about half the voters that voted which voted to leave. Which is an incredibly large amount (literally, millions of millions) going for both. it was also an OPINION VOTE!!! which would have influenced it as well.

and lol, what bloody reasonably withdrawal. Literally no good overall deal has been made because both may and bojo have been selfish idiots and not actually thought about anything sensible.

VERY IMPORTANT DETAIL WEEE WOOO WEEE WOOO (but rly... very important)

it's important because it's not legally binding.

either way, as soon as they ruled that the leave party broke the law, the vote should have been instantly nulled.

Back