Brexit Chat

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
oh yay politics, wow!

Reactions: Jisenku
oh yay politics, wow!

It's sometimes more important to talk about political ongoings then it is to ignore them. Education and discussions around politics is something this world seriously needs.

It's sometimes more important to talk about political ongoings then it is to ignore them. Education and discussions around politics is something this world seriously needs.
True, this could really change the outlook on many people's lives. Many jobs could be lost because of the UK's economy. This could be truly catastrophic if handeled in the wrong

@Sky Oh I seriously agree... I just don't follow politics enough to really talk about this though. All I basically know is that brexit would lead to economic trouble for Britain.... bc reasons. So yeah that's like it lol. I can't really discuss this at all. The only thing I can kinda discuss is US politics. Lock him up!

Reactions: 28142 and Jisenku
I'm glad you enjoyed my legendary post, but please don't let me stop from actually having a respectful conversation on politics.

Jeez that's not something I thought would say on the internet.

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoyed my legendary post, but please don't let me stop from actually having a respectful conversation on politics.

Jeez that's not something I thought would say on the internet.
I know you were joking, but it brought up the fact that other people really don't care about the subject, even though they should. Plus, many other discussions just fly by, without anybody really taking the time to think about it, what it could mean for the jobs in the area, and what other effects it could have (please don't tell me I used effects wrong)

Found something on Reuters! https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...ohnsons-hopes-rise-reuters-poll-idUSKBN1XN02S

Reuters said:
The chances of a no-deal Brexit fell in the last month because UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson looks set to win a Dec. 12 election and secure the backing in parliament he needs to get his new Withdrawal Agreement passed, a Reuters poll found.

This could be major, possibly a great deal for the Brexit, finally, a wonderful deal that we can all agree on and doesn't cause a horrible economic crash for the UK. Let's just hope the deal won't be horrible.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
first point is both right and wrong, but that's getting seriously complex.

technically the majority voted to leave. But again, the leave campaign was built up on lies and manipulation and even broke the law a couple times (which, was taken and looked at formally and ruled that that was the case) as well as the remain campaign literally doing nothing and not spreading any information at all. It was only roughly about half the voters that voted which voted to leave. Which is an incredibly large amount (literally, millions of millions) going for both. it was also an OPINION VOTE!!! which would have influenced it as well.

and lol, what bloody reasonably withdrawal. Literally no good overall deal has been made because both may and bojo have been selfish idiots and not actually thought about anything sensible.
That is true, and that's for a discussion on the flaws of a democracy voting system, but I'd say pro democracy advocates in Britan shouldn't suddenly be against it for these scenarios.

And oh yeah, get the complexities of an EU withdrawal. I don't really know that much on internal United Kingdom politics, so I'll take you on your word on the campaign.

From what I can tell a Brexit party has formed due to the Boris Johnson apparently proposing a deal that ties Britain to the EU far too much. What a mess!

it's important because it's not legally binding.

either way, as soon as they ruled that the leave party broke the law, the vote should have been instantly nulled.
Just curious, how did the leave party broke the law? Were the proposals themselves against the law?

Just curious, how did the leave party broke the law? Were the proposals themselves against the law?

lets see....

• Funnelled funds from account to account
  • Overspent by way more then legally allowed
  • multiple blatent lies (cough:
    Rmn1gcI.jpg
    )

Also, this just came out: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50463816

You all wanna keep saying this is democracy when the only parties allowed to be shown in debates on TV is only the leave parties?

Lol politics seem to be a lot of this unfortunately.

lets see....

• Funnelled funds from account to account
  • Overspent by way more then legally allowed
  • multiple blatent lies (cough:
    Rmn1gcI.jpg
    )

Also, this just came out: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50463816

You all wanna keep saying this is democracy when the only parties allowed to be shown in debates on TV is only the leave parties?
Yikes, didn't know about that, that reminds me of 3rd parties here in the United States who also have very strict conditions to be on national debates. The Libertarian party would be totally rocking here if it weren't for the exclusion tactics. That's really unfortunate. Granted though at least the judges intervened, our political system is built on supporting the 2 party monopoly.

I personally support Brexit, but not with these tactics... However, support for brexit is still very large and Brexit needs to happen for the good of the country.

Last edited:
Back