Browser?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
what internet browser do you like using and why?

I like Chrome. It's fast, easy to use and hasn't given me any problems as of yet.

I use Firefox - easy to use, nice interface and so much better than IE.

Same here, Firefox because of it's clean interface and add-ons.

I use Chrome, simply because its clean, simple and quick. Oh, and maybe I've become locked into the Google ecosystem. :p

In saying that, however, when I'm on Linux (which is quite a lot, actually), I use Firefox as Chrome doesn't play nicely with it.

I started using Firefox since it was first released and haven't considered switching at all. I've tried Opera and Chrome, but still prefer Firefox/

I tend to switch back and forth with Chrome and Firefox.

Used Firefox first but then was just interested in chrome so tried that out. Both are great to use, in my opinion, so either one is fine with me.

I tend to alternate between Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. One of the huge reasons why I stopped using Firefox for a while was because of the constant memory leaks I was experiencing. One minute, with 8 tabs open I'd be using somewhere around 400MB of my ram, and the next minute I doubled that (with the same eight tabs open), and slowly, it got worse. (To the point where it was using a whopping 2.4GB of my ram, thank goodness I have 16GB ram in my Desktop)

I've since switched back to Firefox as my primary browser, because I like the many extensions that are available for it. I use Colorfultabs, AdblockPlus, FlagFox, FireBug, Screengrab! and a custom theme that makes all the buttons and icons compact size. Make for more space to see page content.

I mainly use Firefox as Chrome is terrible at handling a large number of tabs and Internet Explorer.. Well.. You can imagine why I wouldn't touch that.

I mainly use Firefox as Chrome is terrible at handling a large number of tabs and Internet Explorer.. Well.. You can imagine why I wouldn't touch that.
Actually, Chrome is so much better at handling tabs than Firefox. I don't recall this feature being present in older versions of Firefox, but in Chrome, if a single item on a specific tab causes that tab to lag and slow down the entire browser overall, in most circumstances Chrome will give you the option to simply terminate the task that's slowing the browser down ("Killing the tab), or wait it out for another 30 seconds to see what happens.

That's one of the advantages to having every tab in its own separate machine process.

I use Google Chrome. I like Google Chrome because it is lightweight and fast browsing alternative to IE and Firefox. Chrome gives me broad control over search engines and search customization. I also like the Chrome extension manager, bookmark manager, and download manager.

Firefox for normal shenanigans and Chrome for school. I do that mainly because I don't like my Google account for YouTube randomly switching to my school one, and then all the videos I have watched go on there. No thanks.

I use a mix of browsers as my Computer doesn't like to handle certain situations with one. I use Chrome to watch videos as it runs faster, but Firefox for everything else.

I like to use Chrome, as well. My other option is Internet Explorer, which always gives me a lot more problems.

Google Chrome, it is fast and easy. And, you know, Google owns my internet self so...

Apple Safari, because I always use an iPad.

I have a Mac, so Safari is my favorite browser to use. Everything syncs with my iPod touch with iCloud, and the multitouch gestures work great with it too.

I used Firefox for years, then when I upgraded my system to 64bit I swapped to Chrome. Both aren't too dissimilar so it really is personal choice, glad to see people don't use IE though!

I like the security and speed of Firefox.

Chrome. It's clean, fast and amazing. Used to use Firefox, but haven't even thought about going back since I went to Chrome.

I'm using Firefox.

Back