Buy a NES today?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
I still have my NES, lol. But to be honest I'd more recommend going with Virtual Console as the games are less likely to glitch out or go with a more stable pirate console like the retron 5.

I still have my original NES which I use a lot and still buy games for, but some time I'll be buying an American NES as there are quite a few US exclusives that I want to try. Also lots of games are cheaper for the American version compared to the European ones.

I still have my original NES which I use a lot and still buy games for, but some time I'll be buying an American NES as there are quite a few US exclusives that I want to try. Also lots of games are cheaper for the American version compared to the European ones.
I don't believe they're region locked,and if they are there are tons of adapters out there that'll let you play them and they usually go for about 20$ not really worth getting a new console in my opinion.
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/nes_mod/nlockout.txt
Read this.

I don't believe they're region locked,and if they are there are tons of adapters out there that'll let you play them and they usually go for about 20$ not really worth getting a new console in my opinion.
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/nes_mod/nlockout.txt
Read this.
Yeah, disabling the lockout chip has been recommended to me before, but there are certain games that don't work properly doing that. I'm not sure what ones are affected though so I'll have to try and find a list of ones that are, so I can see if any of the games are ones that I'd want to play :)

Yeah, disabling the lockout chip has been recommended to me before, but there are certain games that don't work properly doing that. I'm not sure what ones are affected though so I'll have to try and find a list of ones that are, so I can see if any of the games are ones that I'd want to play :)
Ah, in that case I'd recommend buying this http://www.amazon.com/NES-Retro-Entertainment-System-Black-Nintendo/dp/B002RYLG4Q It's essentially a cheap NES, there are a couple small color problems but by changing the display mode (If you have an old TV) to movie, it'll fix them, the only game incompatible with it is Castlevania 3 which to my knowledge is available in europe.

Reactions: Olly
That looks pretty cool, I'll check it out. Thanks for the link :)
No prob although while I've been trying to say this a lot, try one this companys other products, they also the Retro Entertainment System 2/ Retron 2, which plays European, American, and Japanese NES and SNES games, the Retron 3 which does all that plus no region genesis or the Retron 5 (They didn't do a 4 because 5 plays Five Different Systems) NES, SNES, GENESIS, GAMEBOY, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy color with the gameboy and gameboy color games supporting the Super Gameboy's Border system.

No prob although while I've been trying to say this a lot, try one this companys other products, they also the Retro Entertainment System 2/ Retron 2, which plays European, American, and Japanese NES and SNES games, the Retron 3 which does all that plus no region genesis or the Retron 5 (They didn't do a 4 because 5 plays Five Different Systems) NES, SNES, GENESIS, GAMEBOY, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy color with the gameboy and gameboy color games supporting the Super Gameboy's Border system.
Nice, it sounds like they've been pretty busy :p I guess I have quite a lot to read up on some time.

Back