Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U Game)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Yeah, it's a Toad game. I thought its name would have been Super Toad 3D World, but then again there isn't much that's "super" about Toad, so yeah. I'm expecting exploring and puzzles like what we saw in Toad's mini-games from 3D World. They were fun and with enemies chasing you, that'll be even better, :love:

What are your thoughts guys?

Seems like a good game. I like puzzle games as well!!

Yey new Wii u game

I really like it, though I haven't tried any of the Toad's Mini-Games in Super Mario 3D World, but they looked awesome, I heard it was enjoyable, and creative, there just weren't as many Mini-Games in Super Mario 3D World, so I like the idea of them basing a totally new game off it. It should be challenging yet adventurous at the same time, now saw some gameplay footage of it from the Nintendo-Treehouse, and I'm impressed!

It would be alomost as the Yoshi land or the Mario 3d land hahaha

Why doesn't Wario get to hunt for treasure instead? I guess Toad really liked exploring in the SMG series so hopefully they go farther than Wario's woods. Looks great and I like they are making his strength in SMB2 (USA) helpful in this game by lifting coins and veggies (that'll teach kids to eat their veggies or at least throw them at their parents).

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx and Marc
If they market this as a full $40-60 retail game I'm going to be legitimately angry. Anything like this should be $10 and under.

Also. I thought everyone hated the Captain Toad levels in 3D World? They were kinda pointless and a waste of time and space.

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
If they market this as a full $40-60 retail game I'm going to be legitimately angry. Anything like this should be $10 and under.
At first I thought it'd be DLC for Super Mario 3D World but after seeing "Captain Toad" text on the top-right corner of the video, I knew it'd be its own game. I can't see 'em making this game available for $10.. unless it lacks levels.

The graphics are amazing and we have enemies to defeat this time (not just a simple Boo following you around). I'm guessing it'll be around the $29.99 or $39.99 price range depending on the amount of content. I'm fine with $29.99 tbh.
Also. I thought everyone hated the Captain Toad levels in 3D World? They were kinda pointless and a waste of time and space.
Not me. Good way to get those green stars, :cool: (I'm not really a fan of the "green star / unlock" idea in Super Mario 3D World). It was also fun and different. I liked turning the screens to discover new locations.

Reactions: srgs and xXAwesomeDudeXx
At first I thought it'd be DLC for Super Mario 3D World but after seeing "Captain Toad" text on the top-right corner of the video, I knew it'd be its own game. I can't see 'em making this game available for $10.. unless it lacks levels.

The graphics are amazing and we have enemies to defeat this time (not just a simple Boo following you around). I'm guessing it'll be around the $29.99 or $39.99 price range depending on the amount of content. I'm fine with $29.99 tbh.

Not me. Good way to get those green stars, :cool: (I'm not really a fan of the "green star / unlock" idea in Super Mario 3D World). It was also fun and different. I liked turning the screens to discover new locations.

If they do end up selling this as a full retail game instead of a DLC (which seems more reasonable, it could be like the Super Luigi U DLC?) the price should be under $20 or should have a ton and I mean a ton, of levels. Maybe 100-200, I ain't paying $60 for no Captain Toad game with 6 levels.

Reactions: Marc
that looks cool . i am wanting a wiiu more and more

If they do end up selling this as a full retail game instead of a DLC (which seems more reasonable, it could be like the Super Luigi U DLC?) the price should be under $20 or should have a ton and I mean a ton, of levels. Maybe 100-200, I ain't paying $60 for no Captain Toad game with 6 levels.

This. The levels they showcased at the E3 Treehouse Event were INCREDIBLY short. If they do this as a full retail game it better have minimum 100 levels.

I actually don't like the idea that much. Despite the levels of Captain Toad in 3D world being something unique, I think that would have stayed there instead of making a full game based off of those levels. I just don't think it really works.

Currently, I really like what they did. Captain Toad was a memorable, albeit rarely helpful character in the Galaxy series. SM3DW expanded his role a bit, which I liked a lot.
Now that he gets his own game, I'm pretty excited for it. I'm really looking forward to what else they might do to expand the concept of the CT levels. The fact that Shy Guys return in some form that isn't a sports/party spin-off(and discluding their minor role in Smash Bros.) and the turnips brought out nostalgia. Plus, using boss battles to take it a step further really has me hyped.
The E3 demo levels are pretty short(but sweet) though. I'm sure there's going to be much more challenging and lengthy levels in the full game.

Lets hope bowser isn't the main villain in the game, it be a new low for him to lose to a toad :p

Lets hope bowser isn't the main villain in the game, it be a new low for him to lose to a toad :p
Huh, it hasn't come across me that there would be a main villain. Now I'm very interested. Maybe, just maybe, because of the return of Shy Guys and Turnips, Wart from SMB2 might return. We haven't seen him since the mentioned game.

Huh, it hasn't come across me that there would be a main villain. Now I'm very interested. Maybe, just maybe, because of the return of Shy Guys and Turnips, Wart from SMB2 might return. We haven't seen him since the mentioned game.

that be nice, but kind of odd since technically Wart shouldn't exist.

that be nice, but kind of odd since technically Wart shouldn't exist.
Well, Shy Guys, Birdo, Ninjis, Bob-ombs, and some other enemies all existed outside of SMB2/the dream. We can't say that Wart didn't exist too.

If they do this as a full retail game it better have minimum 100 levels.
nBsQp8A.jpg

Gross.

How did such a quick and easy level idea gwt transformed into a full retail game in 7 months.

I'm surprise it'll be sold in retail, from watching the trailer/gameplay videos, it more seemed like a digital exclusive game. :hilarious:

Back