Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U Game)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
nBsQp8A.jpg

Oh my... This is going to be terrible. Just you see.

Reactions: MLGirby
The amount of pessimism here, I swear. Am I the only one who's actually looking forward to this game?

This game seems seems to be running on the same engine 3d world uses for the toad levels as we see clear pipes in the trailer and captain toad uses his same animation from that game when going through it.

I hope it has multiplayer! That would be so awesome!

Well, at least it would be a nice concept for this otherwise incoming train wreck. How would it be implemented and who/what will the other players control would still be a very abstract concept for now.

Yeah, I can see the rest of the Toad Brigade being playable. Only problem would be how the camera would work.

Yeah, it's a Toad game. I thought its name would have been Super Toad 3D World, but then again there isn't much that's "super" about Toad, so yeah. I'm expecting exploring and puzzles like what we saw in Toad's mini-games from 3D World. They were fun and with enemies chasing you, that'll be even better, :love:

What are your thoughts guys?
It's nice to have Toad as the main hero again because the last time he was the main hero was I think 25 years ago in Wario's Woods.

The amount of pessimism here, I swear. Am I the only one who's actually looking forward to this game?
Don't worry you're not the only one, although I don't think it'll be full 60 dollars. I think it's just retail for people who don't want it digitally.

Reactions: srgs
Man, I think it looks pretty nice. It's great to see a character other than Mario and Luigi to get such a quality title. I don't really see what's wrong about it. I mean, it has nice graphics (similar to 3D Land) and some fresh gameplay. What's there to hate?

EDIT: I guess the hate is mainly over it length/content and price. I think it would be a great addition to Mario 3D Land just like Luigi U. If they want it to be part of the same game, then yeah, 30 dollars to 40 at the most. It really needs to have something interesting else it will be more of a puffed up mini game at best (also, 7 month development time seems pretty short. I hope it isn't trying to make some quick, easy bucks because that would be low balling their loyal customers.)

The game is confirmed to be $39.99 instead of the usual $59.99 Wii U game pricing.

Back