main.png

Here's Charizard's specials:
Neutral Special Attack: Flamethrower
Side Special Attack: Flare Blitz
Up Special Attack: Fly
Down Special Attack: Rock Smash
Final Smash: Mega Charizard X

Reactions: Marc
Also, note that just like in the games, you'll be hurt with recoil if you use Flare Blitz and if it's successful.
And, to be honest, I expected that the Final Smash for Charizard could be random: one time he could change into Charizard Y, and the second time into Charizard X. At least, I'll still be able to enjoy Charizard X !

Reactions: Marc
Also, it seems Charizard's Side Aerial is no longer that wing flapping attack, but rather a claw attack.

is this pokemon event or this something you just made up

No, it's the regular Charizard, who will be available in SSB4.

what is SSB4

what is SSB4
o_O Well, can I suggest you to take a look at Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Melee before continuing ?

This is a character that is in the next Super Smash Bros. game

To be honest, at first, I wasn't too excited about this character being announced, but as I dug deeper into the conversations with more Super Smash Bros. fan, I recognized a lot of people play as Charizard in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, they never attempt to switch out and play with Squirtle/Ivysaur, I think Sakurai did a great thing by announcing him as an only character, a lot of people from the Super Smash fan-base would be pleased. I love it's Moveset, especially the Final Smash, I can't wait to see more of it, I'd surely give it a chance when I get SSB4, seems like an interesting character.

Not sure what the flare blitz is, but it sounds cool. xD

But rock smash? they could've thought of a better fire/flying attack!

Not sure what the flare blitz is, but it sounds cool. xD
Flare Blitz is an attack where the user covers itself in flames and charges forward. It can cause damage to the user itself if it hits though.

Tbh I preferred Ivysaur and even more Squirtle rather than Charizard. I mean, why use him when you can use other familiar heavyweight fighters like Bowser or Ganondorf. Squirtle and Ivysaur were more unique and had just as effective moves (without being weak like Sonic and SSBB Pit :vomit:). Looks like the closest thing to having them being playable is Pikachu now in SSB4. Kinda sad, because I said so (I'd find more use out of Squirtle or Ivysaur but it appears that there won't be any more Pokemon reps).

Tbh I preferred Ivysaur and even more Squirtle rather than Charizard. I mean, why use him when you can use other familiar heavyweight fighters like Bowser or Ganondorf. Squirtle and Ivysaur were more unique and had just as effective moves (without being weak like Sonic and SSBB Pit :vomit:). Looks like the closest thing to having them being playable is Pikachu now in SSB4. Kinda sad, because I said so (I'd find more use out of Squirtle or Ivysaur but it appears that there won't be any more Pokemon reps).
People actually prefer to play as Charizard rather than Ivysaur or Squirtle in Brawl.

People actually prefer to play as Charizard rather than Ivysaur or Squirtle in Brawl.
Nuu. Well I don't. Too big n' slow. Squirtle has just as enough power but he's a little lighter. I don't remember the differences between Project M Squirtle and Brawl Squirtle but I made better use with him than I would the others.

Is it just me or

Is it gonna feel super weird using down b for rock smash? LOL. Flare blitz is a good move for him, I haven't seen it in action but I imagine it works like Falcon Kick, just not a kick and probably much slower. I wish they didn't remove the glide ability, gliding was fun.

I'm really surprised they just ditched Squirtle and Ivysaur. Pokemon Trainer was a really fun character to use because of that. Can't wait to try out Charizard on his own nonetheless.

Are we allowed to post pictures here? If so, here is a pic of Charizard's Side Special, Flare Blitz:
zlCfzR7A3VQiZAiJ1k

Are we allowed to post pictures here? If so, here is a pic of Charizard's Side Special, Flare Blitz:
zlCfzR7A3VQiZAiJ1k
Yes, It's okay to show people these pics, this will serve evidenceon the character's special attacks.

Charizard is a beast! He'll definitely be a blast to use.

By the way, I forgot to say that I'll also use it. I think that he'll be balanced, compared to Brawl about speed.
Though I'm still hesitant to use him, because recoil is bad, no matter how you look at it (remember Ike, @Reece)

Well, I'll see, but that recoil issue is a pain.

Back