Closed [Closed] Ally or Betray - Win 150 Play Coins

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I'm testing out this contest. If it gets popular, I'll start an official contest with eShop credit as the prize, :love:

Ally or Betray - Win 150 Play Coins
Credit: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

Note: The winner will receive 150 Play Coins. Post below if you want to sign up.
Risk: If your score hits "0", you will lose 25 Play Coins (I'll explain more below - this risk is necessary to keep things exciting).

How does this contest work :

It's simple.
  1. Members will go up against each other (selected randomly).
  2. Each member starts off with 3 points (solo or pair - it's random).
  3. The first person to reach 9 points win. If you hit 0, you lose.
  4. If two members (or more) reach 9 points, no one will win.

Important:

Members will be required to choose "Ally" or "Betray" for each round.
  1. If both teams pick Ally, both teams will gain 2 points.
  2. If Team A picks Ally and Team B picks Betray, Team B will gain 3 points while Team A loses 2 points.
  3. If both teams pick Betray, no team earns any points.
An image is worth a thousand words :

After teams are selected (yes, randomly, heh - some people will be solo), the contest will begin. Participants will be required to send me the choices via Private Conversation. After each round, I will publish the choices in public for everyone to see. I'll then do some math and after I will edit this post with the results.

If you have any questions, please ask. It can be a little confusing after taking all of the information in for the first time, but it'll get simpler after reading it over and over again, or by running a simulation in your head.

Post below to sign up, :singing:
I see VLT has inspired you Marc XD, interesting prisoner's dilemma catch 22 game. I'll play too

Reactions: Marc
That makes 8 people :
  • ErixSan
  • Dilawer
  • Risinglink
  • Onett
  • Memento Mori
  • Reece1100
  • HuggableEevee
  • Jandkas
The contest will begin tomorrow (Saturday). If anyone else wants to join, let me know asap. There's really nothing to lose. You control how many points you have in this game, ;)

That makes 8 people :
  • ErixSan
  • Dilawer
  • Risinglink
  • Onett
  • Memento Mori
  • Reece1100
  • HuggableEevee
  • Jandkas
The contest will begin tomorrow (Saturday). If anyone else wants to join, let me know asap. There's really nothing to lose. You control how many points you have in this game, ;)
All we need is 1 more person then it will be 9 people XD

That makes 8 people :
  • ErixSan
  • Dilawer
  • Risinglink
  • Onett
  • Memento Mori
  • Reece1100
  • HuggableEevee
  • Jandkas

Cool! I will be working tomorrow, but I will try to be here the sooner I can.

*Nervous*, excited for tomorrow :nailbiting:

@Master O'Puppets What do you say? Want to take the last spot? :D (there's nothing to lose unless you give up)

I can't make head or tails of the rules to be honest. I feel stupid :oops: If I'm given a simpler explanation then I would join.

I can't make head or tails of the rules to be honest. I feel stupid :oops: If I'm given a simpler explanation then I would join.
I'll explain it in the shoutbox.

All right, thanks. I sign up.

That makes it 9 players so far :
  • ErixSan
  • Dilawer
  • Risinglink
  • Onett
  • Memento Mori
  • Reece1100
  • HuggableEevee
  • Jandkas
  • Master O'Puppets
The contest will begin later today (when there's daylight).
I'll wait a couple more hours to see if @EliteBeatDiva and @Flarence want to participate.

That makes it 9 players so far :
  • ErixSan
  • Dilawer
  • Risinglink
  • Onett
  • Memento Mori
  • Reece1100
  • HuggableEevee
  • Jandkas
  • Master O'Puppets
The contest will begin later today (when there's daylight).
I'll wait a couple more hours to see if @EliteBeatDiva and @Flarence want to participate.
Wait the contest goes in real time? What if I am in a different timezone though?

Wait the contest goes in real time? What if I am in a different timezone though?
Each round will last for 2 days. Everyone visits daily so everyone should get their votes in on time, I think.

Each round will last for 2 days. Everyone visits daily so everyone should get their votes in on time, I think.
Thank goodness :D, also if some are in a pair then is there a group message function?

Thank goodness :D, also if some are in a pair then is there a group message function?
There are personal conversations (recommended) and the shoutbox, :angelic:

Thanks! That made my day!

Team A :
  • Jandkas ( 3 points )
  • ErixSan ( 3 points )
Team B :
  • Master O'Puppets ( 3 points )
  • Risinglink ( 3 points )
Team C :
  • HuggableEevee ( 3 points )
  • Memento Mori ( 3 points )
Solos :
  • Dilawer ( 3 points )
  • Onett ( 3 points )
  • Reece1100 ( 3 points )
Teams are required to work together to come up with a choice. If both members of the same team disagrees, the first person to message me with an answer will be counted. Solos do not have to work together.

Note: Teams will be changed in Round 2.​

Round 1 :

Choose "Ally" or "Betray". Send me a personal conversation with the answer (do not post it here).

Team A Vs Team C

Team B Vs Reece1100

Dilawer Vs Onett

Teams should communicate with each other and decide an answer. Good luck everyone.

You have 3 days to decide. If you fail to give an answer, your default answer will be "Ally".

Last edited:
Can I join?

dang... master o'puppets isn't online...

Last edited:
dang... master o'puppets isn't online...
You can send him a personal conversation. Go to his profile -> select 'Start a Conversation' from the left-hand sidebar -> Type in your message and hit the send button, :thumbsup:

Back