Coronavirus Discussion

• Thread starter TheSpiritedWarrior
  • Start date
TheSpiritedWarrior

TheSpiritedWarrior

Never gives up a fight
Towns Folk
I figured that since the Coronavirus is getting worse in many places of the world, that it warrants a discussion. I many others (at least in the United States) are at home due to the virus, so it's a pretty big deal.

News, politics, whatever your mind is on the Coronavirus.

I figured that since the Coronavirus is getting worse in many places of the world, that it warrants a discussion. I many others (at least in the United States) are at home due to the virus, so it's a pretty big deal.

News, politics, whatever your mind is on the Coronavirus.
Don’t really care tbh

Don’t really care tbh
You should care! As it gets worse certain perishables are getting depleted, economies are heading to recessions which mean lost jobs, and especially in your case school will or probably is closed! But hey if you are staying home, having good hygiene, and being properly prepared that's all that matters!

Reactions: Mykaelochi
More time to play new horizons I guess. School has been tough recently, but other than that it isn't to interesting

This can be just me complaining or giving an ulterior message. I mean that's gonna be the motive, to let things out. At the end of the day, I just want that gift of eternally existing on the internet with the hope someone will search this and maybe understand.
Yeah, it's good to be safe and realize how much it can potentially affect you. Then again it's not gonna hurt me right? I'm not gonna die from it. Right? Probably not. The thing that is gonna hurt them is the filled hospitals regardless of how many people actually have the virus there. Potentially giving any other injury/sickness a lower priority or the same if nothing can be done about Covid-19 at the current state. Then there exists the grocery/general stores getting the business that is getting the most money but can't keep people happy. Not everything is readily available. I've been asked the same things over and over. Frozen bread, yeast, when will you have it? Where's this thing that's empty on the shelf. Can you look for me? Not anymore. I have no idea when stuff comes in. I have no idea what has been cut from an order. I've been working longer hours. In fact, Walmart is the one having it good right now getting more pay/leave. On top of the potential money giveaway just for living in the US during the quarantine. I'm not gonna worry about money for a while, but the fact anyone can still come into the store with a full cart and not have to work for it later, it's a New Deal. It's really a new deal when you think about insider trading so the rich can get richer right in that stock market before it drops? :cool:
This is a real fear drug/motivator of sorts. My dad is going crazy in retirement thinking we're gonna get mugged from our own house and the only solution is to blast 'em. Whatever dad. Yeah and guess what. The police are busy not responding to certain incidents in certain areas. I mean it sounds terrible to get this virus but to deal with anything that's outside of a hospital is just done with discretion.
Being stuck inside is not totally a bad thing because it's what I do anyway when not at work. I kinda wanted to be a streamer because of that but... I doubt I would enjoy dealing with life after that. It's good to see more people potentially watching more content on places like Youtube or Twitch for the most part.

Reactions: Dowhat?
its not mortal for young people with no health problems, but if possible its 100% to just stay home and dont take any risk, because its extremely dangerous for people old enough and people that have health problems

its not mortal for young people with no health problems, but if possible its 100% to just stay home and dont take any risk, because its extremely dangerous for people old enough and people that have health problems
I think there were some cases where young people with no health conditions died but the rate is extremely low compared to the old people or people with health conditions who died.

Reactions: beytrod and SmugWolff
I don't care much for the virus, but it is pretty annoying.
My college shut down the entire campus including online classes so I cant do any work and panic buying has brought food shortages to my town even though the closest case is 25km away and nobody ever comes to my town.
If medias and news groups stopped over-inflating stuff then maybe not everything would be closed down.
But these food shortages give me an excuse to grow more potatoes than I could ever realistically use atleast! :pepe:

I think there were some cases where young people with no health conditions died but the rate is extremely low compared to the old people or people with health conditions who died.
Yeah, the rate is 0.2% for younger people, unless someone has asthma or a trashed immune system they should be fine if they catch it.

unless someone has asthma or a trashed immune system they should be fine if they catch it.
oh god I'm gonna die

In all honesty, if I don't die from the Coronavirus, I'm actually going to take that as a great victory, because

1) Heart Conditions
2) little bit of crap with my lungs
3) A lot of my body parts are just crap

So, I am going to say this with as much honesty and sincerity as I can:

I really hope I don't die from the Coronavirus

Reactions: SmugWolff
oh god I'm gonna die

In all honesty, if I don't die from the Coronavirus, I'm actually going to take that as a great victory, because

1) Heart Conditions
2) little bit of crap with my lungs
3) A lot of my body parts are just crap

So, I am going to say this with as much honesty and sincerity as I can:

I really hope I don't die from the Coronavirus
you'll be fine as long as you don't get out and get exposed to it.

you'll be fine as long as you don't get out and get exposed to it.
Still, like I'm going to have to go out for my doctor's appointments and whatnot, and you will probably get sick more at a hospital than anywhere else.

Still, like I'm going to have to go out for my doctor's appointments and whatnot, and you will probably get sick more at a hospital than anywhere else.
Well, if it gets worse I doubt you'll be able to go to the doctor's office.

Well, if it gets worse I doubt you'll be able to go to the doctor's office.
Well... theoretically the machine that they use I could probably use myself (super small, fits in your hand), Just that I would need a good amount of lancets (little stabby bois)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dj2
I think everyone should stock up on as much stuff as they NEED while keeping in mind the thousands of people in their community who need supplies as well. They should be ready to stay put for at least 2 months and stay away from outsiders as much as possible.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior, Jisenku and SmugWolff
I think everyone should stock up on as much stuff as they NEED while keeping in mind the thousands of people in their community who need supplies as well. They should be ready to stay put for at least 2 months and stay away from outsiders as much as possible.
That would be awesome, but just looking at all the fights over toilet paper I don't have faith in the people.... Just look at those going to beaches or treating this epidemic as summer vacation.

If the government didn't have laws against price gouging the increased prices in essentials would've forced people to buy what they need which means no shortages. Now the black market is doing the exact same thing which just shows how pointless the laws are.

Last edited:
Who told people to buy toilet paper? I know of a meme that goes like this:
Doctor: I'm sorry you tested positive for covid-19
Patient: Nu-uh i have over 300 rolls of toilet paper

Also WHAT THE HECK EARTH. EVERYONE BEEN QUARANTINED TO BE INSIDE AND NOW ITS WARM AND SUNNY. not fun.
But having to stay home isn't that bad. our family got what we need to survive: food, water, TV and separate rooms.

I think it's people thinking they will be stuck for a long time and that society might collapse or something, it would explain the panic buying every bit of food and even guns here.

I've only been leaving my house to get groceries, so it hasn't affected my normal life much.

When life gives you lemons make lemonade.

When life gives you coronavirus STAY HOME AND WASH YOUR HANDS

The coronavirus has affected many people during this time. It (probably like most people) affected me negatively. Before this when it had less people that had corona I use to be able to go to a shopping centre near my school. My friends and I would occasinally hang out together to grab some food and spend some money on things like food or games. But now I could only stay home and work from here. I wish this pandemic could be over very soon so that way I could do the same things as before.

Back