Craziest/Strangest set you can think for a Pokémon?

• Thread starter Samuel_1802
  • Start date
Samuel_1802

Samuel_1802

Nintendo Mobile Game Junkie
Towns Folk
Just curious about what kind of weird sets you can come up with. Who knows? I might try them out... :cat:

I'll begin with this:

Togekiss @ Choice Band
Hustle
Adamant Nature
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
- Aerial Ace
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt

I actually have used this before, it's quite fun and hits harder than you expect :p

Reactions: Marc
Just curious about what kind of weird sets you can come up with. Who knows? I might try them out... :cat:

I'll begin with this:

Togekiss @ Choice Band
Hustle
Adamant Nature
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
- Aerial Ace
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt

I actually have used this before, it's quite fun and hits harder than you expect :p
Togekiss has base 50 Atk, even with Choice Band and Hustle, it's still very underwhelming, you're better off taking advantage of its special movepool and Serene Grace. If you want a physically offensive Fairy type, I'd recommend Azumarill or Mega Altaria.

Togekiss has base 50 Atk, even with Choice Band and Hustle, it's still very underwhelming, you're better off taking advantage of its special movepool and Serene Grace. If you want a physically offensive Fairy type, I'd recommend Azumarill or Mega Altaria.
I know about that, I already have 3 Togekiss, the annoying FlinchKiss, a Nasty Plot set and this one. The topic of this thread is "craziest/stragest set you can think for a Pokémon?" reason why I posted my CB Togekiss set. I just want to see what people can come up with for other Pokémon.

Gallade @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SAtk / 160 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
:rotfl:

Not sure if this will count as one but since I like this strategy I might share it :p
Krookodile @ Soft Sand
Moxie
[ not sure stats ]
[ forgot the nature ;-; ]
- Earthquake
- Foul Play
- Dig
- Bulldoze

I use this in a double battle along side with any strong Pokemon with levitate and newt is spam Earthquake and Bulldoze :D It's the best thing I've ever done so don't hurt it ;-;

Smeargle @ Leftovers
Technician
Modest Nature
4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
- Shell Smash
- Cosmic Power
- Substitute
- Stored Power

Reactions: Troso
Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Level:1
Ability: Sturdy
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Magic Coat
- Recycle

The most feared set that ever hit the competitive meta. Swagger is now banned by smogon but i use this on wifi a bit
See It In Action Here

Nosepass @ Berry Juice
Level: 1
Ability: Sturdy
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Magic Coat
- Pain Split

My setup pokemon. The showdown forfeit inducer

Reactions: Artisan and Samuel_1802
Well, here's another set I have :) Rather than a crazy set, it's a strange one. I've never seen anybody run a set like this before.

Trevenant @ Jaboca Berry or Rowap Berry
Harvest
Careful Nature (+Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk)
252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Attack
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Block

An annoying trapping set :p The goal is to trap in an opponent with Block and make them faint from Jaboca/Rowap Berry recoil + burn + Leech Seed. Horn Leech is there so you aren't a Taunt magnet and some extra recovery. This set is effective at eliminating spinners.

Last edited:
I was looking for a really good AV user when I came across this set:

Dedenne@Assault Vest
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pickup
252 HP/252 Speed/4 Defense
~Nuzzle
~Parabolic Charge
~Grass Knot
~U-turn
I think I might actually try it in NU. :3

The idea is to spread paralysis with Nuzzle and switch to something more suited to take advantage of it. I run U-turn over Volt Switch so disaster doesn't ensue if the opponent switches to something with Motor Drive or Lightning Rod. You'd be surprised at the hits it can take, especially on the special side of things. Came up with this once I learned that Nuzzle was essentially only useful as an unTauntable Thunder Wave. At first, I didn't think it was worth it, because who's gonna waste time Taunting a Dedenne? Then I got to thinking; Assault Vest. Anyway, Parabolic Charge is for STAB and recovery, and Grass Knot is a nasty surprise for when they switch in heavy Ground-types. Took out a Mamoswine with this thing once.

Reactions: Mr. Kream and Samuel_1802
I was looking for a really good AV user when I came across this set:

Dedenne@Assault Vest
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pickup
252 HP/252 Speed/4 Defense
~Nuzzle
~Parabolic Charge
~Grass Knot
~U-turn
I think I might actually try it in NU. :3
I've never seen a set like that for Dedenne 0.o Most of them run Cheek Pouch w/ a berry (personally I like SubPetaya or SubSalac with Charge Beam). A friend of mine runs a "bulky" Dedenne with Cheek Pouch, Sitrus Berry, Recycle and Parabolic Charge...

I've never seen a set like that for Dedenne 0.o Most of them run Cheek Pouch w/ a berry (personally I like SubPetaya or SubSalac with Charge Beam). A friend of mine runs a "bulky" Dedenne with Cheek Pouch, Sitrus Berry, Recycle and Parabolic Charge...

Yeah, it's a bit weird. But hey it might work. I still think Physical Togekiss is weirder then the said set above. xD
I've always wanted to use a Dedenne too. So maybe... I'll get the chance. :3

Yeah, it's a bit weird. But hey it might work. I still think Physical Togekiss is weirder then the said set above. xD
I've always wanted to use a Dedenne too. So maybe... I'll get the chance. :3
You've got a point there, you can't get much weirder than that xD

I'll post another set because Wynaut?

Persian @ Life Orb
Technician
Timid Nature
252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/4HP
- Nasty Plot
- Swift
- Shadow Ball/Shock Wave
- Hidden Power (Fighting/Fire)/Icy Wind
Nobody ever runs special Persian, I don't even know why, it's Sp. Attack is almost as good as it's Attack and it has a better special movepool, I guess people love their Technician Fake Out. Swift, Shock Wave, Hidden Power and Icy Wind get boosted by Technician to a decent power level and combined with Nasty Plot and Life Orb it can hit pretty hard on the special side.

Reactions: Mr. Kream
You've got a point there, you can't get much weirder than that xD

I'll post another set because Wynaut?

Persian @ Life Orb
Technician
Timid Nature
252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/4HP
- Nasty Plot
- Swift
- Shadow Ball/Shock Wave
- Hidden Power (Fighting/Fire)/Icy Wind
Nobody ever runs special Persian, I don't even know why, it's Sp. Attack is almost as good as it's Attack and it has a better special movepool, I guess people love their Technician Fake Out. Swift, Shock Wave, Hidden Power and Icy Wind get boosted by Technician to a decent power level and combined with Nasty Plot and Life Orb it can hit pretty hard on the special side.
Like your Wynaut pun, excellent, 10 out of 10.
How about.....
Ferrothorn@Life Orb
Nature:Timid
EVs:252 Health. 204 Sp Attack. 52 Speed
Health kind of makes sense to invest in, but Sp attack and Speed are so horribly low already, so there's no point to it.
MoveSet:
Flash Cannon-Steel and counts on Sp attack
Sunny Day- Boosts fire type moves, and grass type moves if they have the abilityChlorophyll
Energy Ball- Grass and counts on Sp attack
Bulldoze- Ground and counts on Attack (this one to counter fire types)

Reactions: Samuel_1802
This is the weirdest for me because I didn't know people used this o_O.
Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power Ground

Reactions: Samuel_1802
Cradily @ Weakness Policy
Nature: Calm
Ability: Storm Drain
~Energy Ball
~Recover
~Stockpile
~Ancient Power
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

I've made that set a while ago. It works. xD I've seen people use it before so, I don't know how popular it is. Too bad the Cradily that had this moveset is gone. Just gotta rebreed the thing. x3
Hahaha.

I have the best idea ever,
passing sturdy to shedinja in triple or double battle, im sure it could be done by supressing wonderguard, giving sturdy to another poke who can use [insert move here b/c I forgot name] on shedinja, giving it sturdy
Shedinja would have safety goggles, watch for taunts, wrek

o.o
googled my idea, its been done and seems kinda hard to setup, I might do this

Gonna post another set here, I discussed it with a friend not too long ago:

Kecleon @ Leftovers
Protean
Modest nature
252 HP/252 Sp. Attack/4 Defense
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt/Grass Knot/Solar Beam
- Fire Blast/Grass Knot/Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot

After 1 Nasty Plot it already hits harder than a Greninja... Solar Beam is used when you have sun support.

Reactions: Mr. Kream
THIS WORKS REALLY WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smeargle:
modest nature
power herb or white herb
baton pass
shell smash/ geomancy
oblivion wing
recover/spore

I have an idea which I will be breeding for a team:

Suicidal Heliolisk
Ability: Solar Power
Held Item: Life Orb
Moves: