Darkest LoZ Game?

• Thread starter DevastatedSoul
  • Start date
I'd say Majora's Mask, not because of the theories, but because of the fact that the moon has a face and is crashing into the earth and if Link fails then the entire world will be obliterated. That's a bit much stress for a kid, don'tcha think?
I agree, that moon really gets on my nerves. But really, Link isn't exactly a kid in this game. He grew up 'n all in ocarina of time then just went back... in a kid form... with his adult spirit still in him...? But then again, I bet that moon is creepy enough to send a goron over the edge (get it? a goron can roll over an edge in a ball rock form without getting hurt... just nevermind xD)
Pushing that horrible pun out of the way, the atmosphere was great enough for people to stay in the town and get married. Maybe this is the darkest one.

Definitely majoras mask because it doesn't try to be dark it just is. The moon falling to termina and how the people react is so very thrilling and surprisingly dark for a N64 game. Unlike twilight princess that tryed to be dark this didn't try to be dark it just is

Majora's Mask Duh!! Its very dark and creepy. And it also is one my favorite zelda games considering you dont have to save Princess Zelda and your not Hyrule. Your Termina or Clocktown saving the Moon from crashing down in 3 days. And beating skull to get Majora's Mask back from him.

I say Twilight Princess because of the storyline with Zant having creepy appearances and Blizzeta's intro.

Ocarina of Time.

All of the endings lead to what is pretty much the destruction of Hyrule to a large extent (I'm including Breath of the Wild here), with the very game it takes place in being part of The Downfall Timeline. What's more bleak than knowing your actions have to fail to spawn a separate timeline??? In Majora's Mask you have to win, even though it provides a feeling of hopelessness it doesn't diverge onto a separate timeline if you lose, while in Ocarina of Time you see the damage that's done by losing your battle, with both the first and second game being the last in that timeline we get to see the total destruction of our failure to beat Ganondorf: Hyrule is broken, people are barely getting by, and monsters are everywhere.

I'd say Majora's Mask, not because of the theories, but because of the fact that the moon has a face and is crashing into the earth and if Link fails then the entire world will be obliterated. That's a bit much stress for a kid, don'tcha think?
Considering what that kid had to go through in OoT (constantly changing his age, discovering his life is a lie, seeing his home invaded by monsters), ehhh

I think majoras mask is a really dark game in my opinion.What game do you guys think is dark or the darkest and why?
im sure MM is the darkest zelda game, because of the fact you use the souls of dead people to transform into them and that the moon will kill every you meet and on the final day you can feel the dred the town is empty and every one will die the next day, its up to you to save them.

Reactions: Mira
I think majoras mask is a really dark game in my opinion.What game do you guys think is dark or the darkest and why?
MM, but the fire temple in OoT is sad cuz all the Gorons are scared and shuddering while they wait to be eaten by volgia ;-;

Haha definitely Majora's Mask. It gave me so many feels to it, the story is just sad, like really sad and creepy. It's really different to most Zelda games

For me it would be majoras mask. The whole point of the game was to prevent the world from ending. If nouthing is done, everyone dies. It kinda reminded me of that groundhog day movie.

definitely Majora's Mask. Just the plot might give you a chill or two down your spine. The graphics are dark,the whole game disobeys the gods, and more.Twilight Princess was a little dark but it tried too hard to be more dark than Majora's Mask.Honorable Mentions, Single Player Mode in Triforce Heroes, the lifeless statues are eerie.The forest temple in ocarina of time, the music and design.The Shadow temple in ocarina, the name explains :panda:, Dark World Link to a Past, everyone's dead.And some more.

I personally don't think Majora's mask was as dark as twilight princess. Like majora's mask had some good lighting but most of twilight princess' dungeons were pretty dark with little lighting. actually, whichever game has the most caves

Majoras Mask is the darkest game for sure. Especially on the last day right before the moon crashes into the earth. Everybody is trembling in fear and the atmosphere is great. It is my Second favourite Zelda game for a reason.

I think that Majora's Mask if definitely the darkest of all the Zleda games. It has an atmosphere of a constant, looming destruction and a common theme of death present throughout most portions of the game. And don't even get me started on Majora himself...creepy...

Back