Debate It!Skyward Sword Graphics or Wind Waker HD Graphics?

• Thread starter Duster
  • Start date
D

Duster

Cheese Lover
Towns Folk
do you like Skyward Sword Graphics better or Wind Waker HD graphics better?
Now the reason i picked the HD version instead of the original gamecube version for Wind Waker is because the hd version looks better obviously because it was remastered in HD.Now Skyward Sword graphics and Wind Waker graphics look very similar (Only in HD) but i would have to say Skyward Sword.
Only because I loved how they mixed the look of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker into Skyward Sword.
sure it doesn't look really cartoony like Wind Waker but what's amazing is that somehow Nintendo made the enemies look realistic in a cartoon-kinda way.
What do you guys think?
Title Screen Logos and some Gameplay
download (21).jpg download (22).jpg
images (20).jpg images (21).jpg

I really loved the graphics of Skyward sword, it's one of the prettiest games I've seen so far, and as much as I love Toon Link, Skyward Swords' more realistic proportions makes it look like such a perfect adventure game, although it wasn't without issues in terns of gameplay, but since the topic at hand is graphics, yes, skyward sword is much better, even though wind waker is cuter.

Well now, Skyward Sword and Wind Waker are two different game with two different styles. Now I could understand if the question here was "Do you prefer the more realistic setting of Skyward Sword or the cartoonish style of Wind Waker?" In which case, I would go with Wind Waker because it's the one of the very few TLoZ games I've played.

Well now, Skyward Sword and Wind Waker are two different game with two different styles. Now I could understand if the question here was "Do you prefer the more realistic setting of Skyward Sword or the cartoonish style of Wind Waker?" In which case, I would go with Wind Waker because it's the one of the very few TLoZ games I've played.
I would go with Wind Waker if this was gameplay.But since it's graphics,i have to go with Skyward Sword.i mean don't get me wrong Wind waker's graphics is good,but it's on a gamecube (Which don't get me wrong gamecube graphics is still in pretty good condition)but there's so much you can do on a gamecube with graphics.i feel like the wii version was a better revolution.(I know Gamecube is older)

I would go with Skyward sword. It is by far the BEST looking game on the Wii and looks absolutely incredible. Wind Waker HD blew my mind as well when I first saw it but Skyward sword is just amazing. The art style is so beautiful in both games but I like how they balanced the cartooney ish windwaker art style and super dark awesome twilight princess into skyward sword to make it look sort of realistic but not too dark like TP or cartooney Wind Waker.

I would go with Skyward sword. It is by far the BEST looking game on the Wii and looks absolutely incredible. Wind Waker HD blew my mind as well when I first saw it but Skyward sword is just amazing. The art style is so beautiful in both games but I like how they balanced the cartooney ish windwaker art style and super dark twilight princess into skyward sword to make it look sort of realistic but not too dark like TP or cartooney Wind Waker.
that's what i said.Skyward Sword is like a mixture of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess when it comes to graphics.would you imagine this in hd?...

Well, Skyward sword deserves merit for being a Wii game, wich as we all know, it isn't as powerfull as the WiiU in terms of graphics, so I'll go with Skyward sword, although Windwaker looks charming.

We need Skyward Sword HD.It would look amazing :love:

I'm typing this not copy and pasteing:
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why cant we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends
You madman, look what you've done?!?!?
Wind waker gets the pro of being adorable... HOWEVER skyward sword takes the cake due to making the art style not just make the environment and characters have a theme to them like wind waker (I.e. adorable) but instead do that plus make everything have emotions. I love link so much in this game just because of how he reacts, and no not the stupid 3fps face change wind waker link, I see his face lighten up, be scared, etc. Link has never felt more human, and while I must admit wind waker has the disadvantage of an older console, skyward sword is like okami, beautiful in more ways than one: art and humanity.

???

really dude, really? here we go in gentler terms: the graphics not only make everything one thing (such as wind waker and adorableness) but it instead allows the environment to show any trait it wants, so while wind waker an only show one trait, adorableness, skyward sword has the power to make it look anything, beatiful, scary, happy, depressing, etc, and it's all because of the art style.

I would go with Skyward sword. It is by far the BEST looking game on the Wii and looks absolutely incredible. Wind Waker HD blew my mind as well when I first saw it but Skyward sword is just amazing. The art style is so beautiful in both games but I like how they balanced the cartooney ish windwaker art style and super dark bada** twilight princess into skyward sword to make it look sort of realistic but not too dark like TP or cartooney Wind Waker.
yeah, twilight was too dark... like squint really hard at the screen dark

Last edited by a moderator:
When I said graphics I meant colors and stuff not the faces link makes :p

When I said graphics I meant colors and stuff not the faces link makes :p
:banghead:
no, like the art style emulates emotion, it has a certain feel, like while something sad in wind waker might be still kinda cute, meanwhile skyward sword can make the person feel anything due to the wonderful art style being so flexible and ability to be interperated into so many different yet alike forms, which makes it surpereor.
PS i crushed the competion @P1.0 and etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I get what your saying, But so far no one has said Skyward Sword because of emotions through the players feelings >.>

I get what your saying, But so far no one has said Skyward Sword because of emotions through the players feelings >.>
Some just dont understand how to describe it, i guess i do, :), I feel others have the same reaction.

I say Skyward Sword for two main reasons: The colors aren't as vivid as the Wind Waker colors, so it looks more realistic, and, when I played through Wind Waker, I kind of got sick of the cutesy-style artwork, character design, etc. And no, I don't hate Wind Waker, I just prefer Skyward Sword because the graphics just look more natural and flow well with the story line. I also love how in Skyward Sword, they didn't design the characters with crazy-sophisticated-clothing.

" I also love how in Skyward Sword, they didn't design the characters with crazy-sophisticated-clothing."
Laughing my butt off

" I also love how in Skyward Sword, they didn't design the characters with crazy-sophisticated-clothing."
Laughing my butt off
What do you mean?

You're saying Wind Waker's characters have crazy confusing clothing xD

Well, Linebeck was...interesting...and Mako's glasses were all screwed up...

Back