Demo vs Full Game MH4U

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
Hi guys!

i was wondering, dos the demo gives a good feel of the game? I tried the demo, then I looked at some videos showing the beginning of the game and it didn't look quite the same. The demo didn't really appeal to me, while the videos of the full games seemed so fun!

Has any of you tried both and can tell me more about what I thought?

The demo only showcases weapon classes and new monster fighting mechanics.

I have tried both and I am here to reassure you that the full game is a whole 'nother beast compared to the bare bones demo. MH4U is an extremely fun game if you aren't bothered by mind-numbing grinding. Every hunt is different although organically the same.

Awesome, thank you for your input. The more I look at it, the more i want to actually get it. However, I went to my local game store and the game is backorder, I'll have to wait a bit... Nintendo isn't really good to keep their stock up...

In the full game, there are more areas, weapon and armor upgrading, a crafting system, a farm, fishing, gathering, frenzied/apex monsters, event stuff, lots of palico stuff, and much more. I could go on for a while, but I think I've made my point :p

And about the backorder: Monster Hunter has never really done that well outside of Japan, so sales were probably underestimated, leading to fewer copies being made than needed.

Reactions: 532
Well, I get that there is "more" but I wanted to know if the feeling was the same, and from what I see, not at all eh?

Nintendo is never really good to deal with games in demand actually... Well, not just games but anything in demand.

The feeling is better

Reactions: 2205
Awesome, I had my name put on the waiting list to get the game! I'll join you guys soon (I hope!) =D

Well I would say that the demo is very excellent compared to other demos in the eShop . The demo gives a very good feeling of the game in my opinion . I like that there are 3 monsters to hunt which is a lot and it also gives a good feeling of the multiplayer feel which is also fantastic . It also has good instructions of each weapon thing

The demo gives you barely anything to do, in comparison to the full game.
The full game has MUCH, MUCH more to do than just simply fight monsters. The full game involves crafting, fishing, cooking, and even daily life actions like eating.
If you want more insight into the game, then read this:
According to an MH4U player on IGN;
This is a comment I found related to MH games, for you to read:
"MH Veteran Here (I've played every MH including those exclusive to Japan).

First know that MH is not a game, its a phenomenon. In Japan you'll see "Monster Hunter" as often as you see the word "Disney" in the US. If you pull out a 3DS on the subway there are going to be 5 others around you ready to jump into a quest.

The reason why it has not caught on in the west is quite simply, the game is designed for Japanese adolescents with an average IQ equal to American doctors. Its a game for those not satisfied with melting braincells on the ignoramus titles that fly off the shelves in America. MH is one of the most deep and complex games ever made.

There are several misconceptions about this game. One is "the controls are awkward". This is not true. The controls are tight but this is a skill-based game, like call of duty (No one jumps into their first deathmatch ever and gets 25 kills and 2 deaths). This skill is what drives some to work harder & face the pain - find stones to sharpen their blade and some half decent armor they throw together. Then die over and over until that magic moment when the beast thats been haunting you screams its final roar and falls to the ground. Then you carve out its scales to see what jaw dropping gorgeous equipment the smith can make out if its carcass. (I've never seen a game that can hold a candle to the detailed weapon and armor design in MH)

This game is about epic moments. I'll never forget my first big kill when I swatted at a Kut-Ku with a rusty blade until it fell.

For me monster hunter is like the best end-game monster ever made. A giant epic battle of awesomeness. That epic moment spread across an entire game that you can play with friends. You play MMOs and it's like, you're never actually having fun the game just makes you think you are. How did you get that armor? Oh you went on a long line of fetch quests and some guy gave it to you as a reward? I got this armor because I ripped the scales off of a giant terrifying monster with my bare hands and had the smith craft armor out of them. Monster Hunter is kind of like the only MMO where you're having actual fun and not just tricked into thinking you are.

The demo is stupid. You are given equipment you didn't earn to kill a high tier monster that you're not ready to face - and get no reward for killing. Don't play the demo, just don't.

the 3D is a gimmick, I turn it off. You don't need the 3D to enjoy the game. I've been waiting to see it on the PS3 for literally 10 years, I'm not holding any hope for PS4. China is developing a modern PC version that won't ever come to America. Nintendo is brilliant for buying the franchise, but I don't understand why they cancelled it for the Wii U. Regardless, MH4U is a golden gift to the US - the latest version of the game and only a few months after the JP release.

MH4U will be one of the best games to ever come out in America but on a console that only kids own in the US. I lost my hope for a breakout in the US about 7 years ago. I have more confidence that I'll actually start learning Japanese. I don't even see the Japanese anymore, its like the Matrix code I just see - claw, fang, sword. I'll start playing this game on October 13 when my JP copy arrives.

If you think that you're the kind of person that can appreciate MH, and you haven't tried it yet, grab yourself a copy while you can."

Reactions: Iridium Winter
I've been wondering about this as well. When I tried the demo it seemed kinda meh, but just recently a friend of mine got it and watching him play it made me realize that the full game seems to be a million times better than the demo! I've been thinking about getting this now for a couple days but it's really gonna have to wait because I have other things I want to get first.
^I loved that comment from IGN! They were really passionate about MH and it made me want to play it all the more!

I felt the exact same way. I downloaded the demo and it felt like meh. I watched videos of the beginning and it was already more appealing.

So I discussed with a friend who likes MH, to know if it was just the demo or the whole MH game that was meh and he said he didn't like the demo either. So I thought it was just the demo that was not so well done and bought the game (and convinced him to get it too :p). I already played more than 160 hours on it :D

I got my game yesterday ;) I,m stil lreally at the beginning but it didn't feel like the demo already!

The demo almost nailed it.
That is why I want to get the MH4U eShop version.
Already tried the online Multiplayer?
Dang, it is snappy even on mobile connection.
It is also sweet to include conversation while hunting.
Having MH4U as a digital file I don't have to carry or switch game cartridge if I want to have a break.
I realized it while playing the demo.
After having a break with a cartridge game, I can easily swap to the digital format.

It is also sweet to include conversation while hunting.
If only the chat system wasn't absolute crap :hilarious:

It's true that it is most often not so convenient, but on the other hand, I don't know how better they could have done it (except with voice chat, but if they could afford to do that, they'd synchronize little monsters) because you can't reasonably allow people to stop playing for a minute just to write something on the very-not-convenient keyboard of the 3DS. But you can't not allow them to talk at all either. So you let them say prepared phrases.

It's true that it is most often not so convenient, but on the other hand, I don't know how better they could have done it (except with voice chat, but if they could afford to do that, they'd synchronize little monsters) because you can't reasonably allow people to stop playing for a minute just to write something on the very-not-convenient keyboard of the 3DS. But you can't not allow them to talk at all either. So you let them say prepared phrases.
They had mid-quest chat in 3U.

I only have the unlimited use demo and it is pretty good! :D I have seen people play the full version of Monster Hunter 4 and it seems really fun, like ac:nf or like Sims maybe, with a bunch of things to do, and killing monsters and gaining loot at the same time, so in a way it is better than ac:nf and Sims. :)

They had mid-quest chat in 3U.
What do you mean by "mid quest chat" ? Like a full featured chat with keyboard and all even during quests ?

What do you mean by "mid quest chat" ? Like a full featured chat with keyboard and all even during quests ?
Yes and voice chat too, but the keyboard is what I used

Yes and voice chat too, but the keyboard is what I used
Wow. I don't really care about the keyboard chat since it's really annoying, but the voice chat is interesting.
And were all monsters (including little ones) synchronized or not ?

Back