Dislikes about fire emblem heroes

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
Well, Fire emblem heroes have been a hit with people and it's a pretty decent game so far but like every other game, It has some flaws that make it disliked to some people and this is the thread to talk about it. My personal dislikes about the game are that you can dodge or block and you can't get critical hits in this game but remember this is a mobile game after all so maybe it is going to be an update. So if you have any dislikes about the game but don't want to sound like someone who hates on certain series franchises the post your dislikes here.

well ik updates on maps every 2 weeks but its kinda short but I can deal with these droprates if you know what im saying

I LOVE the game. That being said I'd love to be able to buy a bigger stamina bar with orbs. And upgrading heroes beyond 3 stars is waaaay too expensive. It's cheaper to level up an all new 4 star.

This might sound a bit weird, but I really miss permadeath. It's for me one of the best aspects in Fire Emblem, because it makes your decisions so much more important.
I also miss the support system and the story is pretty weak, but I still enjoy playing it a lot! I love being able to play shorter bursts of Fire Emblem and I think Nintendo did a really good job on making a game more suitable for mobile devices. I don't consider it a 'real' Fire Emblem game though, more like a spin-off.

Reactions: manugutir, Marc and PersonSP
yep

I also really love this game but there are many problems that come with it being a free mobile game. I've pretty much completed all the story cept literally the last chapter on lunatic so no more easy orbs for me unless there are some really generous events. Like mentioned before, I dont like the evolving mechanic because it will literally take weeks to get a 4* to 5* unless you send a lot of units home. Stamina is also pretty low after you get far which kinda urks me a bit.

But the rates are amazing, the gameplay is pretty good for a mobile app, and I'm just glad to see all these character where ever I go. I'm games like these, I usually have a summoning addiction but refuse to become an IAP player so it really kills me to save.

I played it a little. It's certainly one of the best mobile games ever made... But it's still a mobile game so I dislike it by default :p

I have played a bit of the game recently and I am enjoying it quite a bit, but I am definitely not going to play it a lot more then anything else. Plus I also don't use my phone (android) that often anyways for gaming :D

I played it a little. It's certainly one of the best mobile games ever made... But it's still a mobile game so I dislike it by default :p
Well that';s honest. xD

Reactions: Blue Knight
This might sound a bit weird, but I really miss permadeath. It's for me one of the best aspects in Fire Emblem, because it makes your decisions so much more important.
I also miss the support system and the story is pretty weak, but I still enjoy playing it a lot! I love being able to play shorter bursts of Fire Emblem and I think Nintendo did a really good job on making a game more suitable for mobile devices. I don't consider it a 'real' Fire Emblem game though, more like a spin-off.
permadeath in a free to play game, that is a very bad idea
"your unit died, you can use one orb to revive him, oh, ¿you dont want to pay the orb? well, that unit is dead forever and you can´t reset jujuju"

about the support sistem, i believed they said that it will be implemente in future updates

I think @eonia is right. They can't implement perma-death without a reset button somewhere or it would screw new players over big time. And a reset button would give trouble with the summonings and the like.

Update on permadeath: There will be an event where that will happen. It was announced in-app yesterday!

Permadeath is a nice feature that other Fire Emblem games have, but since this is a free-to-play game and it covers only the basics of the franchise, I think it's a good thing it is not included in this game.
I agree with you though, its story is A LOT weak, I expected a lot more from a FE game (even if it is free). I don't consider it canon either.
Adding to the things I don't like from this game is the fact that, once you complete the main story, it's really difficult to earn orbs (and the fact that I've only got three 5 star units since the game came out!!!).
I don't hate the game, in fact, I thing it's awesome and very addictive! But I'd like to have better ways to get orbs...

Permadeath is a nice feature that other Fire Emblem games have, but since this is a free-to-play game and it covers only the basics of the franchise, I think it's a good thing it is not included in this game.
I agree with you though, its story is A LOT weak, I expected a lot more from a FE game (even if it is free). I don't consider it canon either.
Adding to the things I don't like from this game is the fact that, once you complete the main story, it's really difficult to earn orbs (and the fact that I've only got three 5 star units since the game came out!!!).
I don't hate the game, in fact, I thing it's awesome and very addictive! But I'd like to have better ways to get orbs...
I rack up about ~25ish orbs every week, I'd say that's more than enough. Plus, when they have an event (which is almost every week) you often bonus orbs. And otherwise there's My Nintendo.

As for the story, it's not great, but in their defence, it is starting to get more fleshed out thanks to the Paralogues.
Is it canon? Big nope. Even the game itself admits in an alternative universe. (Happens if one of your friend's Alphonse visits you.)

I rack up about ~25ish orbs every week, I'd say that's more than enough. Plus, when they have an event (which is almost every week) you often bonus orbs. And otherwise there's My Nintendo.

How do you get that many orbs? I've already completed the main story, so the most I can get is like 20 every two weeks, including the ones from the bonus quests and the Sacred Seals logins.

How do you get that many orbs? I've already completed the main story, so the most I can get is like 20 every two weeks, including the ones from the bonus quests and the Sacred Seals logins.
I'm not doing anything special- I just do all the quests. All of them.

I'm not doing anything special- I just do all the quests. All of them.
You're right, it's possible to get 20-25 each week. My bad. Thing is I do quests really slowly, so it feels like I don't get that many orbs in said period :p

Reactions: PersonSP
I love fire emblem heroes thought there are things Nintendo can make better. I feel like the stanima upgrade is needed. I also think they can be a little more generous with orbs for players who don't generally buy orbs

To my Fire Emblem Heros feels to generic. I doesn't feel like any thing special.

While I did enjoy Fire Emblem Heroes quite a good deal, I eventually began to feel as if the game dd not really even have the same feel as other games in the series, which is understandable, as it is a mobile game instead of one for a dedicated handheld/console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back