Do you get mad when you lose?

• Thread starter avel
  • Start date
A

avel

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
be serious do you get mad when you loose on a game a keep trying like if you didn't loose ???

Reactions: carsolini13
Keep trying. I've never ragequit. In multiplayer it's unsporting, and in single-player I might quit if I'm not feeling it right then but I don't rage :p

Mostly I just put the game away for a while and when I give it another go later the boss/level doesn't seem as hard.

Reactions: phofufury and avel
I do, if I had several attempts but failed to progress further. I tend to give up if it seems hopeless. I just stop playing the game for a while, and revisit it sometime again in the future. If I need to resort to a walkthrough, then so be it. I hate getting stuck within a game. This applies to single-player only. If I lose within a multiplayer battle, I don't really mind. I just try harder and train more for next time. :D

Reactions: avel
I never get mad or angry, but rather, I'd use the term frustrated :p In MOBA games that I've played it can sometimes be really hopeless when you're losing but I've never ragequit or such. When it comes to certain games like puzzle games or a boss that's really hard. I just try over and over until eventually I win. (Moldorm from ALTTP >.<)

Apparently I've never seen my friends get angry when they lose at video-games either :p

Depends on what you consider mad. If you mean ragequiting, that I don't do EVER! Offline, I really hate to lose and I can get generally mad or even furious at a game (eg: I lost to Myke Tyson in Punch Out 17 times before I found out how to beat him! 2 controllers were punched and broken that day!), and, while the same is true for online too, I don't care win or lose there as long as the other person doesn't start mocking, bragging or anything like that (especially when it was out of a complete lucky break!)! At first, no matter what the game, I ALWAYS play for fun, really casually and I'm constantly relaxed. HOWEVER, if something annoys me, be it the game or the other person's behavior, manners and complete lack of courtesy, then I will get mad! What my version of mad means is simply that I will get moderately serious about it and most times that alone is enough. If just getting so and so serious doesn't quite cut it and the source of annoyance continues, I WILL get furious and when I do, I LITERALLY; NEVER lose! Still, there has almost never been anyone to get me to become furious, but certain games have! Most of those games were just made that way, so I really can't even justify why I got furious over it, but I did beat them every time that happened, so that kinda makes it ok. To sum up, I DO get mad, I DO get furious, but I still don't behave like a complete psycho if I lose, unlike the guy bellow!

Reactions: D4rkDragon, Theresia and avel
That guy has some serious problems! :eek:

By the way, I usually don't ragequit when I'm playing because I know that 90% of time I lose because it's a mistake of mine and not game's fault, but it might be also dumb game design. ;)
I usually try and try over or take a break if really can't handle that specific part at the moment and later I usually find it easier than I first thought.
But as a li'l kid I tended to ragequit often and it went like this: playing, ragequitting, calling mum to do the difficult part :p.

Reactions: avel, Tho and 18
Only when the team I lose to are playing OP as heck. Otherwise, if they're being cheap (i.e Ghost players using M-27 w/ Thermal and Suppressor and Grip), then all can feel is pity for them. As for when I'm playing Zombies, I get made when others are killing the crawlers when I'm doing something big or important. One time on Buried, I put all of my money but in the bank because one idiot kept killing the last zombie when I planned on Pack-a-Punching a weapon. Another example is people who never get Juggernog and instead, waste their money on the Box.

It all depends on the game, the "source of the loss", and how many players were involved. However, I won't lie: I'm more calm lately than I used to be when I was around the 5-10 year range.

If I lose in singleplayer/multiplayer, and that the loss was due to my fault, I tend to feel bad, but I stay calm and don't even get mad a single least. Instead, I think about what made me lose (dumb mistakes, and such)

However, if I find that the win was cheap (like when my friends told me to fight a Lv9 Shulk with Ike), I tend to start getting mad, and pretty easily. Especially when it is because of stuff like spamming (To continue with the example above, said Shulk CPU did 3 advanced visions in less than 90 seconds. And inevitable, because of their 1-frame reaction).

And also, I do get mad for the same reasons @Tho said, when people brag/taunt/laugh about killing you or start screaming every time they land a KO on you (The only example that comes to mind is the party I had at my friend's in September, where we all ended up voiceless because of so much screaming. Brags on one side, and "shut up*, or lower the volume" on the other).

(*If you wonder, no. No insults were said that day)

Reactions: avel and Tho
The only time I rage quit was when I almost lost all my lives on champion's road in 3D world. I was near the flag pole and right before I got on it I ran out of time .-.

Reactions: ESP
Depends on the way I lose. Usually I can handle losing but if I lose after playing a level for an hour and then it glitches and I die, then yes, I get mad. If I lose to a person I accept that, because they are better than me (or just more lucky) but if I lose in a singleplayer game for no particular reason I tend to loathe that game for at least the rest of the day. :p

Depends on the way I lose. Usually I can handle losing but if I lose after playing a level for an hour and then it glitches and I die, then yes, I get mad. If I lose to a person I accept that, because they are better than me (or just more lucky) but if I lose in a singleplayer game for no particular reason I tend to loathe that game for at least the rest of the day. :p
Mario party by one coin. That coin mattered

Mario party by one coin. That coin mattered
Legend tells of friendships shattered by that game.

Reactions: Eric Cartman
Legend tells of friendships shattered by that game.
Legend also has it that if one is to use the shell of blue destruction in Mario kart, if the friend was leading then the two players are unable to ever see each other. The player that was hit Is cursed to hate the user throughout the rest of life

Same as pretty much everyone else here. I get mad if I lose for no valid reason like getting 7th after a blue shell in Mario Kart even though I was 1st all the race, but I don't get mad in Melee if I get rekt 4-0 with no items on Final Destination while playing my Falco because it's just that the opponent was better than me.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Same as pretty much everyone else here. I get mad if I lose for no valid reason like getting 7th after a blue shell in Mario Kart even though I was 1st all the race, but I don't get mad in Melee if I get rekt 4-0 with no items on Final Destination while playing my Falco because it's just that the opponent was better than me.
Young Link will rek that falco

Young Link will rek that falco
Haha ! Yeah, Links are a problem against Falco. I rely a lot on my blaster to approach opponents and Links just don't care since they have a shield. Then at some point, I am still too far to hit but close enough for them to hit me with their sword...
I actually came second at a tournament (not a serious one) where the winner was a Link. He was a really bad player (compared to other people I fought in that tournament) but he didn't care about my blaster and spammed UpB when I was close enough lol.

I have seen some things in video games, but i'm generally a calm person, and don't really get mad. Some cheaters in online games have made me swear or want to punch them in the face if they where present, but that doesn't make me destructive or angry for more than some seconds. I know of friends that did get mad, smashed controllers against there seats, and i just can't understand that you would do that. The same when people smash glass or kick over tables in movies, but yeah for show its acceptable.

Depends if what i call mad is the same as you. If it is yes because when i lose a game I litterally smack the screen while screaming at it because i lost then throw it on the floor and say i hate that game im never playing it again then like a couple hours later i pick it up lose again and do the same exact thing. Also this a photo of a example of my face when i am mad at it. Is that not normal or something?

Attachments

• images (4).jpg
    images (4).jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: carsolini13
When I was a kid I used to rage when playing Monopoly XD My parents still tease me about it today. I used to cry and then run off into the living room, flop ontot he couch, and then get made because everyone would be laughing at me. And now fate has really screwed me over because my nephew, who spends more time with me than anyone else and who is more like me than his parents, does the exact same thing and I have to deal with it. Its funny to watch, but getting him calmed down sure does suck.

As far as now though, I think the only games that can make me rage is Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, and pretty much any other Kingdom Hearts game in the series taht you can think of. There are jsut certain boss battles in those games that makes me rage when I die so many times and then I'll sit there when playing the first one and mock the characters speaking because you can't skip the cut scenes @_@ So gald you can in the others though.

I don't really rage though I do get frustrated when I lose over and over again on ranked battles in splatoon or when my team keeps losing during a splatfest which is why team pizza lost and team burger won. Good thing I made a comeback by winning the Christmas splatfest Naughty vs Nice with naughty taking the victory. I think the reason for the nice team losing is because a lot of people got the game for Christmas which means there were a lot of newbies in the splatfest. This was also probably the reason why my team kept winning turf war after turf war. My team won so much I made it to the naughty queen title.

Back