Do you get mad when you lose?

• Thread starter avel
  • Start date
I don't, getting angry while playing a game makes you only hate it. I however know my siblings get angry to the point where they are throwing the controllers and screaming at each other.

Reactions: carsolini13
Playing Fighting games, yes, I get really mad some times. Not to the point of violence, but I lose my cool and rage-quit in a game of Street Fighter now and then. Mind you I usually apologise when I do, it's not nice to disconnect while playing.

It gets frustrating when you're getting crossed-up constantly and can't react fast enough. Ugh.

Reactions: carsolini13
When playing Smash and I lose to a friend I laugh it off but I still get mad on the inside. In and RPG I don't rage unless there's a hard spot in it. Most of the times I don't rage though because I'm a pretty calm guy or there's not much for me to rage at. I just need to try harder.

nope i like games

I only get mad when I lose because of some glitches or scripting. This only happens in Fifa when you're playing flawlessly and the game decides to handicap you by making all your players go dumb-dumb in the middle of the match. Oh the agony!

Not really but if I try to defeat a boss for like ten times, and every time I fail, then I start to rage and decide to quit for a while until I calm down. When I was a kid I used to rage a lot and I was hitting my PC quite a lot of time (not too hard because I didn't want to break it but a little). Now I'm a little more considerate of my PC and N3ds and because I basically can't live without them, I don't hit them, now I only hit myself for being so stupid and failing every time :giggle:

Depends on the game I'm playing. If it's a hard puzzle like Dr. Mario 64, I'm in a contemplative state as I'm figuring out my next move. But if it's a really engaging action title like Bayonetta 1 or 2 ,I might get annoyed when I'm being asked things in the middle of an ugly battle.

Nothing special.
I usually try to go through it until i progress in most games.
With more fruetrqting games like BoI,R-Type and Splatterhouse,i tend to get frustrated and end the game tho.
But even in these games,i really rarely tend to get frustrated.
Every hundreth time,to be exactly.

I do get mad when losing repeteadly, but I become calm really quickly so I can change my strategy and actually beat the game. When playing with friends I get mad internally lol, I never show them when I'm angry... and sometimes I'm not angry at all because, hey, I'm having fun with friends!

Not much.
I dont get mad when I lose consecutive mathces in Pokemon or failed a quest in Monster Hunter.

But I DO get a bit mad in losing consecutive Ranked Battles in Splatoon

almost never I only rage when I fight Sans in Undertale

I don't really rage quit, I just get frustrated when I constantly lose, especially if my team happens to blame me. It tilts me, and I get frustrated, so I just play the rest of the game out and then get off. Mainly happens in MOBAs, like League of Legends, and at the end of the game, I just report the person who frustrated me (and was likely rude to me and/or my teammates, hence causing my frustration) and get off the game until that frustration has gone away. I mainly keep my toxic comments to myself because the people don't deserve to hear those, and it could just be a bad game and I'd rather be helpful and encouraging than toxic.

Losses happen though; they're a natural part of games. Sometimes you just gotta walk away and take a breather and come back to it rather than letting the frustration get worse.

Used to have some series anger issues. Broke multiple consoles. Nowadays, not so much, I can keep my cool a lot easier. I was a kid back then. These anger issues were largely due to some personal events in my life, I've since learned to repress these emotions and likewise the aggressive tendencies that come with them.

Of course, these fits of frustration were often caused by games. In addition to my anger issues, I was always a sore loser. I'm sure most if not all of the consoles I broke were due to that childish rage. So thankful I've grown out of that - it's selfish, and it's ungrateful. All my more recent consoles still work. The last console I broke must've been at least half a decade ago and, considering how my life only seems to have worsened since then, it's amazing I've only become calmer instead of more aggressive. I'm quite surprised I ended up as calm as I am now.

i do not expierience anger from beaing beat in a game.
when i was a kid i did but only in when i get beat multiple times in a row but only from single player games on gameboy.
i have done matches in games online in past and lose but no feel anything afterward.
i dont feel any diffrent after winning when i win however.

I try not to. For the most part I don't unless I feel as if I am losing in an unfair way.

haha, yes i do angry. I don't get angry to the point where i throw stuff and start yelling, but sometimes i just quit the game for a few hours. I take a break, and when i come back, I'm like, "whoa, ddnt see that before" and finish the level. In multiplayer games such as Fortnite and Apex, I sometimes ragequit. I don't throw anything, but sometimes i just leave my team hanging.

Back