Do you go to a Private School?

• Thread starter 4362
  • Start date

Yaaaaaaaadooooooooooon
Towns Folk
Did you go to a Private School?
If yes,why did you go to a Private School?
What is your opinion on it?

I currently attend a public high school, but I went to a private Catholic school for kindergarten-8th grade. As much as I like high school, I really did enjoy private school a lot. Everything felt a little more structured, and there were fewer students, which made it feel like more of a community I guess. Uniforms were never a problem.

No I never did, but I wanted to go. I heard that Private School students tend to get better teachers and have a head start on the lessons.

I have never went to private school, and I don't want to. My friend went there for a year because you got it for free for some reason, and he didn't like it as much as the elementary school we had previously attended. I think private school focuses you more but turns you into an anti-social zombie >.<

I have never went to private school, and I don't want to. My friend went there for a year because you got it for free for some reason, and he didn't like it as much as the elementary school we had previously attended. I think private school focuses you more but turns you into an anti-social zombie >.<

As far as I'm aware, private school never turned anyone from here into an antisocial zombie.

As far as I'm aware, private school never turned anyone from here into an antisocial zombie.
I meant some of them and it limits contact becaue its awkward and barely anybody is there

I meant some of them and it limits contact becaue its awkward and barely anybody is there

I'm just confused as to how private school is awkward and barely anybody is there? The class functions just as any class would, and at my old school there were fewer students total, but the classes were the same size as at my current high school.

I'm just confused as to how private school is awkward and barely anybody is there? The class functions just as any class would, and at my old school there were fewer students total, but the classes were the same size as at my current high school.
I mean there are fewer students, so I thought it would be very silent and awkward everyday xD My friend never told me about it so I assumed he became a zombie in that time and forgot :rotfl: If what you said was true, then why is Private school more expensive and called 'private school'? o_O That doesn't seem to work out. Do the teachers focus more on you or something?

I mean there are fewer students, so I thought it would be very silent and awkward everyday xD My friend never told me about it so I assumed he became a zombie in that time and forgot :rotfl: If what you said was true, then why is Private school more expensive and called 'private school'? o_O That doesn't seem to work out. Do the teachers focus more on you or something?

I'm sure there are probably some private schools that make students zombies, but that would just be a tiny fraction. I also think they're more expensive because they don't get funding from taxes and private schools also have a reputation of being better, even it that's not always the case. Also since my private school was Catholic, it offered religious education, which some parents might want.

Nope, private schools in my country are more or less certificate factories, you don't learn much, they just train you to get a high score on your exams. Private schools are for rich kids who can't handle normal schooling basically. In most countries private schools tend to better, here they really aren't. And except for the international school I never found a school anywhere near where you have to wear a unfiorm.

Reactions: 532
I went to a private school from preschool to 8th grade, and then I went to a different one for high school. Now, let me start off by saying they were VERY different types of schools. Firstly, the pre-k to 8th grade one was very lax. My class in 8th grade was so small, we had to combine with the 7th graders. Even then, there were only eight kids total, myself included. You'd think this would make it awkward, but it just meant that you were friends with everyone in the class and treated each other more like a family. My time there was great, but we also didn't really learn much. See, we had a teacher who taught math science AND social studies, along with a video production class. But we ended up spending all of those aforementioned periods just working on video production or playing slender on the smart board. It didn't leave me well prepared for the next school.

After 8th grade, I went to a completely different private school for high school. Unlike the past one, there were hundreds of kids in my class (which blew my mind considering how small my past classes were), and it was much tougher. Either due to the lack of studying in the past school, or just because this was one of those tough schools, I dunno. But I barely past freshman and sophomore year, and I failed geometry and algebra like 5 times. Not to mention, I no longer had a close family that I had grown up with through the grades, and I had very little friends and became somewhat more anti social. The kids in the new school seemed more like the typical rich entitled kids you see on tv, and since I wasn't rich, I kinda had an even harder time fitting in with them.

Now that my sophomore year is over, my parents decided it would be better for me to try out a public school, an experience I've never done. But regardless, I can say that the type of education you get at a private school really depends on the school

Reactions: Yukine
I go to a Magnet High School/College where students learn trades within their field of district. It's technically a private school, since not everyone will be qualified to enroll. I plan to keep attending this school until the day I graduate.

Nope. Never.

I went to a charter school though. ;-; I didn't like it. D:
Now I'm back at the good, old public school. >.<)/

Reactions: 532
I went to public school from kindergarten all the way through twelfth grade. My family couldn't really afford to send me to private school even if I wanted to go to one, haha. (Good thing I never wanted to go to one.) I could've gone to a different high school than my zoned one for an academy (which is basically a school within a school, but you encounter some of the academy students through activities and whatnot), but I didn't really get any interest in the academies till my senior year, and by then it was too late. xD

I never have been to a private school, but my cousins had bad experiences with one. You see, at some private schools, the teachers will all have a degree, but some or most of them will not be in teaching. My cousins went to a religious private school, and she had teachers with a degree in cartography, but not teaching. My older cousin is an advanced learner, so she would finish her work and then read. Her teacher hated this, and told her not to read, so she had t sit there for a long time, done with her work and just doing nothing. Needless to say, they were soon pulled out of that school and placed into public schools.

Public School. Don't have to pay up front, easier to blend in cause there's more people, etc.

the teachers will all have a degree, but some or most of them will not be in teaching
This kind of system works great past the secondary school level - college professors, for better or for worse, aren't teachers so much as experts in their field - but as your story shows it doesn't really work at the primary or secondary level. Half of the Education curriculum isn't even about teaching a subject so much as dealing with students: adolescent development, handling students with disabilities, and so on. It's scary to think that there are teachers so unequipped. Even without it, I can't think of an excuse to discourage someone from reading!

As for me: proud product of public schools. Liking the responses in this thread. Usually I have to convince people there's no shame in public schooling.

I go to a public school. Some of the grades below me (more Middle School, High School isn't as bad) seem to keep having strange mental behaviors to keep on talking or whining for some reason but I think that's the world for you. A younger friend of mine said he preferred corporal punishment and now there's no discipline in schools anymore and I can agree with him on that but luckily my school seems to be fairly well behaved. I believe I have relatives who have went to private or charter schools though and they seem to be fine but I wouldn't know their experiences.

No, but I did once before when I was little but only for a couple years.

Did you go to a Private School?
If yes,why did you go to a Private School?
What is your opinion on it?
Nah private schools are lame

Back