DO you lose interest in videogames once you go into high school

• Thread starter TheSpiritedWarrior
  • Start date
TheSpiritedWarrior

TheSpiritedWarrior

Never gives up a fight
Towns Folk
I heard once you are in high school, you slowly lose interest in videogames, as you are too busy with school work. Is this true or something? I heard that also, you get school work on the weekend too. With all of this, do you lose interest in videogames?

Actually, I played even more video games once I was in high school :p

Reactions: Sans, Iridium Winter and Icemario
well,i still prefer playing video games over homework :p

Well , I am in High School right now and I still like to play some video games and my 3ds :p I don't think I'll ever really lose interest , well not now at least . I always do find some time to play my 3ds at some moments so I never really lost interest , in fact I've had more :p

I never seemed to have stopped playing them. In fact, now that my new school is teaching game design, I'll probably be playing them even more

I'm in university and I'm still playing, so no. But it's true that you have less time and stuff to do even on weekends D:

I'm in high school and everyone there plays videogames. At school xD. It really depends on the type of school you go to as well, if everyone there likes videogames (like mines) then you'll be more into them, and if not then you'll probably lose (little) interest. The most important thing about videogames in highschool is managing your time, so you can enjoy and get your work done as well.

No. I didn't, anyway. Actually, I got into the multiplayer and community part of gaming only after I started high school. Before that I was just a sad little last-gen single-player person.

Of course, my overall time gaming was reduced with each progressively more demanding year, but according to my 3DS I still played it for hundreds of hours in those years. Add in that I played my PSP even more, and PS2, and PC - I think I still managed to spend thousands of hours gaming in high school \: D/

Some people do lose interest, but it's not a definitive factor. They usually just get into other horrible stuff like Facebook.

No, I just have less time to play games. And I'm getting work all the time now.

Wow... It seems like you still have some time. Well, that's such a relief. I guess as long as you do your things on time, you got time for other things like video games or going outside. That's quite a relief. I got worried because it seemed like you had no time but it looks like there is. What a relief!

I'm glad you have that many reliefs, and yeah, you can do stuff and still have free time :D

Maybe lose time to play video games, but losing interest depends on the person. If someone wants to begin focusing on their academics rather than their KD ratio, it's entirely up to them. xD If someone is a passionate gamer, they will most likely not lose interest in what they love; even with busy schedules.

I have more time playing games when I was attending college. The pace at work is truly different it drains more energy saved for gaming. Fortunately, I got new job to learn something related to games: gamification.

Not really, but, I have to admit that you have less time to spend plating games because of homeworks, and (on my side) more frequent tests than before. I can still play video games, but, sometimes, it's hard to combine games and school.

Not at all. That's actually in high school that I even started programming games instead of just playing them. I programmed a Pokemon game for calculators on my first year in high school, then rewrote it on my last year of high school in another language, and here's the result. So I wouldn't say I lost any interest in video games during that period :p

And don't worry, you still have a lot of free time. If you are not convinced of that, wait for a few years (college or even after), then you'll understand what "having no free time" really means, and high school doesn't involve it.

I only have to do four hours of schoolwork depending on how much I get done. I usually get at least 6 assignments done and afterwards I play my 3ds and surf the internet. To answer your question, no not at all.

I don't think so. I started playing my 3DS more in high school than I did before. I may not have as much time for it as I would like, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in the games! I generally play during school holidays, however I do have time on weekdays to play sometimes as well! :)

I only played a few games before High School. High School was when I really started playing. I do have a lot of schoolwork so the intense gaming sessions are usually limited to weekends and holidays but I still play loads of casual games, just in between everything. So to answer your question; no, not all. At least not in my case. I guess your taste in games might slowly change but whether you will start playing less is a truly personal thing.

Nooooope. I think school has motivated me to play more games, instead, because of homework and procrastination. :D

It would most likely make people have less time to play them, I don't think interest is necessarily lost entirely.

You get more work and less time but you don't just stop playing.
Like @Spinnerweb I got into more multiplayer games and old school PS2 games (Persona anyone?) during high school. I'm still logging hundreds of hours in 3ds games too.

Reactions: 18
Back