Do you play by Smogon?

• Thread starter CrazyElf
  • Start date

Do you play by Smogon?

• Total voters
Yes an No, I do play with Smogon and I don't play with Smogon. I'm not really a big fan of Smogon myself, as they have cheap excuses for people who have strong Pokemon in their party taht do not fit withing a specific criteria they propose. I know, I know. Balancing. M-Rayquaza OP. But, you know what? Any Pokemon can be OP if used properly. My Staraptor with Reckless, Adamant natured, Life Orbed does enough damage with a Brave Bird to nearly OHKO Ferrothron. It leaves a 252HP/128 Def/128Sp.Def Ferrothorn at a mere pinch. So, why not ban Staraptor to Ubers? He also hits insanely hard.

I don't really gaf. I play VGC anyways, so Blaziken is a total monster, one shotting most things it comes up against. Talonflame and Status aren't really issues thanks to Quick Guard Bisharp, but I can see why people think he's "unfair"
In double battles mega blaziken isn't broken in the slightest. singles and doubles are completely different formats that require different bans.

Yes an No, I do play with Smogon and I don't play with Smogon. I'm not really a big fan of Smogon myself, as they have cheap excuses for people who have strong Pokemon in their party taht do not fit withing a specific criteria they propose. I know, I know. Balancing. M-Rayquaza OP. But, you know what? Any Pokemon can be OP if used properly. My Staraptor with Reckless, Adamant natured, Life Orbed does enough damage with a Brave Bird to nearly OHKO Ferrothron. It leaves a 252HP/128 Def/128Sp.Def Ferrothorn at a mere pinch. So, why not ban Staraptor to Ubers? He also hits insanely hard.
Smogon bans are usually based on the number of pokemon that can effectively check or counter the banned pokemon. Even if a pokemon is insanely broken, if it has enough counters, it won't be considered broken. Yes any pokemon can be OP but for some pokemon its easy to use them in an OP way.

Back