Do you prefer to buy full games retail/physical or digital?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Do you prefer digital or retail full releases?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Physical, that way if I have to get a new ID I will still have the paid game.

I much prefer physical copies, but will download if necessary. Physical copies just mean more to me.

Definitely Physical for me. I love having a collection on my shelf, and Digital just doesn't let me do that. The only time I really would buy digital is if there is no physical version available (kind of like Virtual Console, only downloadable). I do have a 32GB SD Card on my 3DS, and I'll probably never fill it up since I only use it for when I don't have the option to get a physical version. I really don't like having my $40 games on an SD Card because I'm generally paranoid that I'm going to lose my 3DS, even though I have it in my bag/pocket most of the time. The only thing I don't like about physical is having to switch cartridges, but that's easy to do anyways.

This is a very tough answer to give. Each option has upsides and downsides.

+s for digital:
No worry for losing your game cartridge.
No need to constantly change cartridges. Always in your system.

-s for digital:
Having to system transfer them, if you get another 3DS/2DS
No cool collection of physical games.

+s for physical:
No need for system transfer with them.
Cool physical game collection.

-s for physical:
Way more easy to lose.
Can be broken.
Having to switch them out/not built into the system.

Digital for PSN due to sales

Gamestop for Nintendo since they are cheaper than the eshop a lot

Physical version is great.
We dont have to manage all the games.
Games wont get lost.
We could play games whenever we want quickly.
We wouldnt have to insert the game card.
The game card wont get damaged.
The games wouldnt be destroyed.

I prefer both. A digital copy of a game would be easier to keep track of and easier to access. While a physical retail copy of a game would be easier to brag to your friends that you have the game. I'm the only one within 3 towns of me with 1 copy of Driver: Renegade.

I personally like physical better because I love having a game shelf. I love being able to see all these amazing games that I have picked up. The only reason I would buy a digital game would be if it doesn't have a physical version, like Shovel Knight on 3DS or Virtual Console.

Physical, they take up less space and I enjoy looking at disc art

I don't like buying digital games at all. If you buy them retail you'll get the package, can sell the games, and do not have to worry about breaking/losing your 3ds. On top of that you won't have to worry about SD card space. I don't like how everything gets digitalized and I will always buy retail if possible.

For me, I personally prefer getting the physical games. I'm a collector, so I like having the box XD. It goes on my shelf with all of my others. The only games I get digitally are doubles of games I have physically (cough cough animal crossing cough cough) or games that aren't as important to me having the box with. I like the box for the BIG games, the ones I get on release and such and play the most. For a game like Mario Kart though I don't mind not having the box and it's kinda nice having it digital.

Overall, I mainly get my games physical, but once in a while I get digital games. I like both but I prefer physical copies.

Digital, if you have a 16 GB, or 32 GB SD card. because I'm the kind of person who tends to lose games, and data corruption would less likely happen. (If you bump your cartridge while the game is saving, or there's a poor connection with the pins.) My 3DS was bought maybe December 2011, It's been repaired numerous times, and now my 3DS won't read games as good as it used to anymore. Therefore, I tend to buy my games digital.

I love boxes and booklets so I usually buy retail. Only if a game is much cheaper digital or if it's hard to come by I make an exception. Well, and for Humble bundle games.

While I personally prefer physical, I also buy digital games because of exclusives and... crazy PSN sales.

I definitly prefer digital just because it feels more... right to me. I don't know how to say it, I just like to do it digitally.

Digital, i like the feeling to buy a physical game, but digital games are more pratical.

When I first learned about the downloadable version vs. the physical copy of the game, I thought, physical, definitely. What if the game gets erased, what if it glitches and messes up my whole 3DS? But I've been filling up my game cases, and now I'm thinking digital copies are the way to go. More space in my game case, I'm quite scatterbrained, so no losing those itty bitty cartridges. But unfortunately, I have no room on my SD card atm for digital versions. I guess I just need to get a bigger one.

Well, I've lost a lot of physical games, so I would rather have them be digital just for the fact that I can't misplace them

Kind of physical.
My country sells the games almost twice the price (because there is no official importer, thanks Nintendo), and the only way I can buy physical is if I'm not in my country (not likely) or if my aunt brings it for me. She comes here around every 4 months so if there's a game I really want I sometimes ask her (I bought Sun and Moon and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe digital just because she couldn't come that time)

It honestly depends on the game;
If it's a game like terraria, which I'll play again and again, then I'll download it.
But for say, a Zelda game I'd prefer to buy it retail since i know i will only play it like once or twice before reselling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back