Do you prefer to buy full games retail/physical or digital?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Do you prefer digital or retail full releases?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually prefer retail. Generally because I like going to a store and hunting for what I want. Also, I can sell them if I get bored of it, and it doesn't take up a ton of space on the system's memory.

I have downloaded some games though.

I honestly prefer retail, but get a few games the digital way!
I have lived through the nightmare of having an accident happen and all of your digital games going bye-bye!
It's not a fun time If you think it is what's wrong with you?!
It's not that bad carrying around a bunch of games, I have a bag that has little slots for all of my 3ds games!
But of course, I don't have a Wii U, and am speaking on behalf of a 3DS Owner.
If I did have a Wii U, I would probably get more games digitally since there's less of a risk of a technical difficulty.

I'll have to say that i think Digital is better. It looks more organised to have my games in my Home Menu rather than in a shelf (or, in my case, a M&M toy :p).

Also, the prices can be cheaper than physical versions in certain circumstances and it's more likely to appear a bundle in digital format than physical.

The only thing that physical is better than digital are the special editions. You can't make those digitally so, if you want to have that fine merchandise and artbooks, physical it is.

I've seen that with the megaman legacy collection:eshop:14.99 game card new: i think 29.99

(Yes, I skipped through the entire thread, deal with it :vamp:)

Digital all the way pls, it doesn't take into consideration manufacturing costs, nor shipping, it doesn't damage the environment like physical does, most games have their own digital manual, and they're nicely stored on the SD card, this waste far less (physical) space, all you need is a big SD card.

Sure, getting the 3DS damaged will make you lose them, but, uh, it's not like I'll want to put my console on any place it could get damaged anyway, people really should be more careful with their stuff.

Retail, because it doesn't take up space when you buy it. Sure it may be more expensive than digital games but it's worth it. :p I don't need to carry all of the games separately because I put them in a tiny purse thing instead of it. Also, what Spinny said, fancy covers ftw. <3

Last edited:
Retail:
  • Resale
  • Fancy Covers <3
  • Artwork, manuels.
Digital:
  • Portability
  • More Titles
  • Digital titles recovered when connected to old NNID (In case you lost your 3ds (just one Nintendo Customer Care call away)).
  • No need of switching between Cassettes.

I prefer retail, it feels more like you own the game, and i won't forget about it so easly after years. They also take up less memory and you can lend games to friends. Ofcourse with some steam games and dlc's i got no choice.

I'll buy games digital or physical. But I prefer to buy them digital.

Heres the thing: I actually like to have some games digital and some games physical. Any game that Id like to keep 'forever' or play a whole lot (like mario kart or smash bros) id prefer to have digital, but if its a game that Im just gonna play through once or twice (like fire emblem or paper mario) Id like to be able to sell it or lend it to a friend. Thats just my 2 cents, dont like being dogmatic on an issue like this xD

I'm 50/50 on the subject. While most of my games are physical, I just started downloading them about 1 year and a half/2 years ago. If it's a game that I really want to have on release date, chances are that I'll get it digitally. If not, I'll just wait and get it physical later. I'm starting to run low on SD memory space so I might not get them digitally until I get a replacement >.>

I'm 50/50 on the subject. While most of my games are physical, I just started downloading them about 1 year and a half/2 years ago. If it's a game that I really want to have on release date, chances are that I'll get it digitally. If not, I'll just wait and get it physical later. I'm starting to run low on SD memory space so I might not get them digitally until I get a replacement >.>
Please tell me you buy them overseas :eek:

I don't think I could buy physical games here >.< not consistently.

Please tell me you buy them overseas :eek:

I don't think I could buy physical games here >.< not consistently.
Lol yeah, I ask my aunt to bring them from the US whenever possible, if not some eShop cards it is then xD The last time I bought a 3DS game here was over a year ago, it was Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, and the last time before that was when I was like... 9 or 10 lol. I don't even know how video game stores survive here :panda:

Lol yeah, I ask my aunt to bring them from the US whenever possible, if not some eShop cards it is then xD The last time I bought a 3DS game here was over a year ago, it was Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, and the last time before that was when I was like... 9 or 10 lol. I don't even know how video game stores survive here :panda:
Seriously xD

Maybe they do some other job on the side and keep the shops open to make the games look pretty?

Seriously xD

Maybe they do some other job on the side and keep the shops open to make the games look pretty?
I dunno? Maybe it's witchcraft XD I went to a mall last Sunday and their stock was just pitiful, they had a Wii U box in the front display with a paper on top that said in full caps "OUT OF STOCK". Why would they even do that I dunno. They also only had 2015 games .3.

I dunno? Maybe it's witchcraft XD I went to a mall last Sunday and their stock was just pitiful, they had a Wii U box in the front display with a paper on top that said in full caps "OUT OF STOCK". Why would they even do that I dunno. They also only had 2015 games .3.
Shops here (Maturin btw) rarely have games, and certainly none of the good ones, nor eshop cards. If lucky, maybe they'll have a few licensed (crappy) ones.

Shops here (Maturin btw) rarely have games, and certainly none of the good ones, nor eshop cards. If lucky, maybe they'll have a few licensed (crappy) ones.
Oh, now that's tough :confused: I thought it was relatively the same across the country since I've been to Margarita recently (slightly more bare bones than here but it's still almost the same), I guess it should've been expected since I'm in Caracas. Things aren't that much better here though. Even if things get better, I'd just still get my games from outside the country since it's always been cheaper that way :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Knight
Oh, now that's tough :confused: I thought it was relatively the same across the country since I've been to Margarita recently (slightly more bare bones than here but it's still almost the same), I guess it should've been expected since I'm in Caracas. Things aren't that much better here though. Even if things get better, I'd just still get my game from outside the country since it's always been cheaper that way :p
"If things get better" 4 immortal words lol :hilarious:

I've never bought a single 3DS game here :panda: my last game was Zelda Skyward Sword for the Wii, and my dad thought 1.000 bsf was hella expensive back then xD

Reactions: Samuel_1802
Games on the island here are around $58 USD, only ever bought one physical game (1st game i owned, omega ruby) and my ds as well, got them discounted though. Other than that Ive bought 1 digital game (smash bros) and otherwise i just buy 2nd hand games that usually range between 5-17 USD. Thats what I love about the physical games, can always buy/sell/trade ;D

Lately I have been in between I go home to see my mom often I don't like dragging all my carts with me .. I like to have them all on my system if I have the space at the moment my collection is more retail .. But wish I could turn all my carts to digital ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back