Do you prefer to buy full games retail/physical or digital?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Do you prefer digital or retail full releases?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Retal definately everything about retail is awesome from the the touch to the artwork the only digital game i have is mario kart 7 but there is 1disadvantage for me though the constent switching or games is kinda bad as i am a lazy person :p

I vote retail because you have it forever, and on any 3ds, and digital versions are only for one 3ds :/

I vote retail because you have it forever, and on any 3ds, and digital versions are only for one 3ds :/

In this case, I vote retail because you can use it in any console :p

In this case, I vote retail because you can use it in any console :p
@Erixsan do you know that Pokemon X/Y haven't come to most gaming stores here, I went just a few days ago and they say about next 3 weeks :O

@Erixsan do you know that Pokemon X/Y haven't come to most gaming stores here, I went just a few days ago and they say about next 3 weeks :O

Well, here is on stores, but a lot more expensive.
I mean, buying a 50 bucks eshop card costs 440 pesos argentinos and buying the game (costs 40 bucks, not 50) costs 600 pesos argentinos plus shipping, so I will be paying 700 pesos argentinos.

That means, with a little saving, another 35 eshop card :p

I prefer physical copy to a digital one. Box, cover art, and soundtrack CD (if you're lucky with Collector's or First Print edition). A collectable. I won't sell my 3DS game for the time being.

Well, here is on stores, but a lot more expensive.
I mean, buying a 50 bucks eshop card costs 440 pesos argentinos and buying the game (costs 40 bucks, not 50) costs 600 pesos argentinos plus shipping, so I will be paying 700 pesos argentinos.

That means, with a little saving, another 35 eshop card :p
Wow, Argentina prices are high, are all the stuff high priced, food, clothing ?

Wow, Argentina prices are high, are all the stuff high priced, food, clothing ?

Clothing? I can't want to talk about it...

Food not so much for luck.

They're so much technology and import taxing :p

Wow that's really bad D: And I thought my country was bad :O Serbia (my country) got it on 18th october :D

Wow that's really bad D: And I thought my country was bad :O Serbia (my country) got it on 18th october :D
My country is banned by Ninty, but we got it here on October 12th (afternoon). Hehehehe

Ninty? What is that?

Physical. I just like it when you can really hold it, and my 3DS doesn't have many space, so I only downloaded FE: Awakening, because I wanted to have it on the release.

Ninty? What is that?

A way to short the word Nintendo. Really used in Greek communities...

A way to short the word Nintendo. Really used in Greek communities...
I'm not in much communities so I didn't know :p Thanks!

Retail, I love having the physical copy to put on my shelf. Don't like digital copies at all.

Yeah we get games very late here.

Clothing? I can't want to talk about it...

Food not so much for luck.

They're so much technology and import taxing :p
Oh, clothing, I think is high priced here, and technology. Food I am really not sure the margin and difference from different countries prices, so yeah.

A lot of full, $40 3DS games have made their way onto the eShop. I'd like to ask you guys - do you prefer to buy such games retail or digital if both are available?

With retail, you get to keep the game if unluckily your 3DS's system software goes awry (not that that's ever happened to me, thank God), you can sell it off if you don't like it anymore, and you have a nice cover to put the cartridge in. You can have many games even if your SD card's capacity is small.

On the other hand, the game can get physically damaged and can't be redownloaded like digital games can, and if you have many retail games it's a problem carrying them around for you adventurous travels.

With digital games, you can redownload the game if your SD card gets damaged because your eShop account is linked with the 3DS, and many early 3DS games got price drops when they came on the eShop. You also don't have to change cartridges.

But you can't sell the game off. Once you buy it, you're stuck with it. You also lose the cover, which can be works of art in themselves. If digital full releases grow, the quality of game covers is likely to deterioate, much like how digital media and e-books killed the art of music album and book covers.

Personally I'm all for retail. What about you guys?

I really like both of them a whole lot... But if I had to chose between retail and downloadable versions I would choose downloadable. With the new system update (Hopefully going to be released today) you should be able to redownload games from a different device!

I prefer retail most of the time. I like having a physical copy of a game that I can hold, I don't know why. I also like the boxes... Sometimes, I buy digital on games that I will play a lot- that way I won't have to keep switching cartridges in and out (I had a DS Lite that stopped reading DS games from doing that too often). I bought my 2nd Mk7 and ACNL that way.

I prefer retail most of the time. I like having a physical copy of a game that I can hold, I don't know why. I also like the boxes... Sometimes, I buy digital on games that I will play a lot- that way I won't have to keep switching cartridges in and out (I had a DS Lite that stopped reading DS games from doing that too often). I bought my 2nd Mk7 and ACNL that way.

Huh... Your Nintendo DS Lite game reader broke from switching to often? Mine never did that... Also why did you buy two different Mario Kart 7's... Lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back