Do you prefer to buy full games retail/physical or digital?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Do you prefer digital or retail full releases?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh... Your Nintendo DS Lite game reader broke from switching to often? Mine never did that... Also why did you buy two different Mario Kart 7's... Lol?
Well, I got an XL, and it came bundled with a preinstalled Mk7 that was free.

I would most likely buy a game from the retail store because if I were to buy a $20 prepaid card here it would cost around $35 and buying a $40 us game cost about $70 just to buy on the shop u know having titles on your 3ds is just so cool

I personally find them expensive but I buy them retail as they are cheaper.

I've only bought one 3ds game from eshop and it is not one of the new releases. Besides 3ds games, I've bought Cave Story(totally worth it) and now I am planning on buying another 3ds game. Honestly, the.games on eshop can be a bit expensive, but if you have enough money and a good amount of patience, a 3ds game or any other game on eshop you really want will be on sale.

Reactions: Shadow_has_Risen
I don't buy them because
1.) They're expensive and
2.) They take up ALOT of gig on the SD which is a bit of a downer

I never buy an eshop game, but might in the future. They are really expensive, but some games are really suitable for download rather and physical copy. Like games that you can pick up and play several times a day like Tomodachi Life or Animal Crossing etc.

Reactions: 2205 and Shadow_has_Risen
I also find them to expensive.
I would only pay half of the price of a physical copy because if your SD breaks your game is gone
Also I kinda like the packaging

Reactions: Shadow_has_Risen
Yes, the boxes have a nice look to it and I like having physical copies

I only bought 3 retail games in the beginning, now I just buy them from the eshop. It's a lot more practical having all your games in one card then having a clutter of cards lying around and having to constantly switch them when you want to play something else. I'm not worried about my SD card breaking as I take extra care in handling my 3ds; the price is not an issue cause you'd be lucky to find any good 3ds games where I live.

I normally buy retail games because I like getting a pretty box and a pin. Sometimes there are nice little extras in the box but it's also the cover art that makes them great. I just like the idea of a physical game card. It's the same idea as with why not buy eBooks instead of paper books; it's just awesome to be able to look at your collection stacked on a shelve. The pricetag is the same for both (or almost the same) in my country. Also while I can have a lot of gamecards there is only limited space on my 3ds.

But I do download games every now and then. Some great games are only available through the eShop or just really hard to find. And I when I win a contest on 3dsPedia I also download (of course).

I have bought some games on the eshop because I don't want to carry with all the games' cards. I think it is more easy to have them in just one card. Nevertheless I have some friend that prefer to have all the cards in other to can share them instead of their consoles. I know that another reason to buy them on retail is that you can get a code which let you opportunity to win different things and all that staff. Honestly, in my personal case, I don't want to travel with many many things and also travel a lot in order to buy one. I just prefer to download them from the eshop.

No, I do not. I'm not a fan of digital copies because;

-You need a decent sized sd card and have to buy a new one if you like to download a few titles.
-You can't sell/trade it if you grow bored of the game after you beat it 100%.
-You need a stable 'net connection in order to download it, and fast speed as it may take forever to download a game which takes a lot of memory.

Game cards are much better, you get to keep the cool boxes, get CN Pins, and you can trade/sell 'em.

Reactions: PersonSP
You still get the CN pins with digital games, they are on your receipt.

For me it always depends. For some game I would totally go Digital like Tomodachi Life, Art Academy and stuff like that (pick up and play game) but for other games like Fantasy Life or Pokémon I prefer the physical copy for trade value and because I do not switch them often from my console, unlike other games.

So it always depends on the game.

I do both

I mainly buy retail games, so it will be quite rare for me to download a digital game off of the eShop. So basically to confirm it, I buy both retail games and digital games off of the eShop, so of course, I would've chosen the 4th option on the poll.

I dislike digital games bought from the eShop though because:
  • They take up most of the space/memory on an SD card.
  • I've heard that digital games glitch more or just have problems in general.
  • They take forever to download.
  • Etc.
With retail games, we get to keep the cool box arts, have a nice cartridge, and get the info about the game inside the box.

I mainly buy retail games, but digitals are fine, too.

I always buy my 3DS game from a store or an online retailer, since I don't like to take up too much space on my SD Card, and games are cheaper if you buy them retail than if you buy them on the eShop. I've only downloaded free games and Club Nintendo games from the eShop.

I would buy the game from the e-shop if I had the money in my 3ds but to me its better if you just buy it from a store or something so as to avoid using up a lot of space on your 3ds.When you do buy games from the e-shop you will have to pay tax as well .

I also find them to expensive.
I would only pay half of the price of a physical copy because if your SD breaks your game is gone
Also I kinda like the packaging

And if your cartridge breaks your game is gone.

Yes, I do. Because I imagine Digital games would last longer.

Yeah but cartridges are strong and they can't possibly break unless you intend to smash it against the ground. SD cards are flimsy and sometimes can't read if injected in the 3DS a lot.

Cartridges often break with moist or by accidently not putting it right in your 3Ds (a bad angle). If your SD card breaks, you still have the game though, but not your save files. Every game that you buy through the e-shop are linked to you Nintendo account, allowing you to download them back if something happens.

Moreover, you remove your SD card less often from your 3DS than you do with cartridge.

Reactions: BlackTunicLink
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back