Do you think cloning will ruin Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Time traveling is okay in my opinion, however, cloning is not. You see, we trade items with others over Wi-Fi to make a handful of Bells to put food perfect apples on the table, :hungry: With the ability to clone items, the value of items dramatically drop IMO. What is rare today is a "me too" tomorrow.

What are your thoughts about cloning items in Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

I guess it's a like a version of Action Replay or the cheating device on the Wii which allowed one to get multiple items of the same kind quickly. Since the cloning is the the premises of the game, I can't really call it cheating.

I personally don't mind these forms of playing. I'm not saying I plan to clone as time traveling is enough for me, but if you want to clone, clone. It's not like Runescape or games of that kind where the economy is a dire part of the game and will affect everyone who plays.

Only i use Time Traveling to Unlock Stores and Such. I Don't clone because i just think that goes too far.

You have a Catalog, so you don't need to do it either. (Excluding the people with Nookling Junction.)

You have a Catalog, so you don't need to do it either.
You can't get Nintendo items and/or infinite Bells from the Catalog, ;)

Cloning or not. Whatever gets the job done. :)

No, I do not think it ruins the game. I actually like cloning, it makes getting all the items in the game easier for me.

I don't duplicate items, I like playing a game fairly.

Reactions: Player 2.0
I've duplicated before. It's a lot harder to do than it was in City Folk, so I don't really see it turning into an issue. Also, the money system in AC:NL is already broken if you have friends who are willing to time travel for you.

Reactions: Isabella
Yeah, it probably would sort of ruin it if you're trying to re-sell an item.
Personally I don't do it because I don't want to risk losing any items or having my game corrupted or something. I have had friends clone a few things before for me though.

To each its own. I think it depends really on the situation and the grade of abuse people commit with it.Some people currently sell items like fortune cookies reveals really expensive. I don't want to think how far more are those special unique items.

Also, cloning may as well be a good way to get hold of region-locked special items.

Personally I don't like cloning or even time travelling. I rather take the game as it comes, which is probably why I still can't get the hero's tunic, haha. I think part of the satisfaction in owning something comes from the effort or persistence it got you to obtain it.

In the Wii, we cracked the game and got everything we wanted. It was funny making our town look how we wanted, have our houses big and with whatever furniture we wanted, but it lasted so little because suddenly, what was the point? You already had it all and once the novelty of that wears off you just feel bored. It is the building little by little what brings you the sense of accomplishments and the long term plan that keeps you pushing toward your objectives and enjoying the game. So in the end I do not recommend it, but i won't throw my hands on the air if you tell me you cloned to get something.

Yeah, like Kaynil said, we can get items from other regions with cloning. I really want Japanese throwing beans, but they are only available to Japanese New Leaf games. :(

i did a couple times to try it out but i am not sure if i will do it much. i think it is kinda like cheating but i am not sure if it is. but if i dont think i will ever clone tons.

I generally don't, but honestly I doubt it's too much of an issue.
It's not a competitive game after all. I personally like to treat it as a second life to fiddle with, and I'd rather not violate the rules it seems to have at the risk of destroying my perception of it as a viable alternate reality to fancy myself in.

Kinda an existential issue really, what's the point in playing if you don't have any limitations?

And the reality version

What's the point in living if nothing has consequence?

So.... No cloning or exploits for me!

I don't really clone at all because, I can just get bells and other stuff from my friends, and honestly, I've heard it can ruin your town. (P.S. I've tried and, honestly, I can't get it to work :/)

If you could clone NPCs, that would solve everyone's problems because everyone wants Marshell and hardly anyone has him :)

If you could clone NPCs, that would solve everyone's problems because everyone wants Marshell and hardly anyone has him :)
I agree, it would be so cool if you could clone NPCs, don't you think?:woot: Come on, let's all get together and write an email to Nintendo asking if NPC cloning could be available in the next Animal Crossing!

Kinda an existential issue really, what's the point in playing if you don't have any limitations?
Because that'll add even more fun to New Leaf; you don't have any limitations, so you can do exactly what you want. Of course, I understand that it's your opinion and I'm not trying to judge you. :D

Yeah, like Kaynil said, we can get items from other regions with cloning. I really want Japanese throwing beans, but they are only available to Japanese New Leaf games. :(
So, why don't you ask someone who is Japanese (or who has the Japanese port) if you can clone the throwing beans if they have any?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol in my opinion i think people can clone if they want to but as you said @Marc it would put everything at a much lower value - i mean you can clone in pokemon but its not the same as you have to train to get a pokemon - but i agree it would ruin the whole fun of the game :(

I agree, it would be so cool if you could clone NPCs, don't you think?:woot: Come on, let's all get together and write an email to Nintendo asking if NPC cloning could be available in the next Animal Crossing!
no i would not do that as nintendo will become more aware of the cloning and try to stop it :p

no i would not do that as nintendo will become more aware of the cloning and try to stop it :p
Oh. So by doing that we would be unintentionally (at least for me, because I do clone items) telling Nintendo to clone NPCs, and so they would wonder why we want to do that, and then they will find out about the glitch in New Leaf and probably patch it. Personally, though, I don't want that to happen!:eek:

No, I do not think it ruins the game. I actually like cloning, it makes getting all the items in the game easier for me.
I agree. I set up a thread where you can clone with people in New Leaf; I called it the Dupers' Corner. If you want, you can have a look at it, the link is in my signature. :)

I agree. I set up a thread where you can clone with people in New Leaf; I called it the Dupers' Corner. If you want, you can have a look at it, the link is in my signature. :)
Actually, the link isn't in my signature, I made a mistake, the link is here: http://forum.3dspedia.com/threads/the-dupers-corner.2270/

Back