Do you think My Nintendo was a flop?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
My Nintendo was promised to be a “worthy successor “ to Club Nintendo, one of the most awesome online programs ever. But, when it launched, it was straight up lame. All they had (and still have) were discounts, 3DS themes, and the very rare occurrence of a 3DS game. Also, the only way to get one of those games was to buy other games in order to get the Gold Points needed to do it. All in all, it definitely was NOT a worthy successor to Club Nintendo in any way, shape, or form. They can still improve it by a lot if they choose to, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon. What do you guys think? Was My Nintendo fun for you, or did it suck?

My Nintendo was a flop it had worse game it didn’t have as good of rewards, and you actually got points for physical games

100% yes. They look like they're giving up on it since there's nothing on it for the switch other then just "you can use gold coins for discounts" which is nice, but still pretty underwhelming ngl.

Sure, there was some good free games they gave out, and some discounts where actually pretty good discounts for some classic games, but otherwise, ehhhhh...

Reactions: AricAttack and Samster
As a Switch owner, I don't think I can benefit a lot from what My Nintendo has to offer other than the Gold Points discount and a couple of wallpapers. In that sense, yeah, I definetly wouldn't say it is a big deal.
My Nintendo was promised to be a “worthy successor “ to Club Nintendo, one of the most awesome online programs ever.
Wish I had experienced Club Nintendo back then, since so many people, especially in this forum, speak so highly about it

Reactions: AricAttack
I don't think there are many people who don't think it was a flop. I've never redeemed anything there, I don't think. Never used Club Nintendo, so I don't know how it compares.

Reactions: giordano88 and AricAttack
Let's see:
Club Nintendo
-Offered you old classic games if you had enough coins for it
-At the end of it's lifespan, you could've bought really good first party 3DS games that were EXCLUSIVE to 3DS
-On top of digital awards, you could've gotten physical awards too (big example includes the Smash 4 Soundtrack)

My Nintendo
-Offers you a weird discount system, which is alright
-Maybe a few free games, but none like Club Nintendo
-No sign of physical rewards anywhere

Club Nintendo definitely wasn't perfect, but compared to My Nintendo, it offered so much more. So yeah, Club Nintendo is better for now.

Does that mean they should bring it back? Not necessarily. If they can update My Nintendo to be as good as Club Nintendo with actual physical rewards, then yes, My Nintendo can be a good deal.

Reactions: AricAttack and giordano88
For me it was not a flop. Free rewards are free rewards.

It was not better then club nintendo obviously, but also obviously club nintendo cost nintendo more then it was worth... myNintendo was the obvious next step (or make club nintendo all digital). Sucks to see that happen though.

Reactions: AricAttack
I personally do not really like it. But I never used Club Nintendo so I have no idea what it was like and how it compares. But My Nintendo is actually really bad. Big whoop if there is a couple discounts for games. The only thing that even partially excites me is the themes. Yeah My Nintendo could have been a lot better.

Reactions: Samster
I never got to experience Club Nintendo, sadly.
My Nintendo has been a poor successor, but it was actually BETTER when it started than it is now.

I don't know how many of you guys remember, but they actually gave away WarioWare Touched for 1,000 platinum points during the first year. I had high hopes they'd give away more DS games like that, but nope, WarioWare Touched was the ONLY ONE. A real missed opportunity, if you ask me.

I never got to experience Club Nintendo, sadly.
My Nintendo has been a poor successor, but it was actually BETTER when it started than it is now.

I don't know how many of you guys remember, but they actually gave away WarioWare Touched for 1,000 platinum points during the first year. I had high hopes they'd give away more DS games like that, but nope, WarioWare Touched was the ONLY ONE. A real missed opportunity, if you ask me.
How did i miss this?

How did i miss this?
I was able to snag it too, and it was a fantastic game. RIP you.

Reactions: Leej07
How did i miss this?
Dude, yeah, it was EASILY the best reward of the first year, AND it was available for platinum points, the easiest to accumulate at the time. I want more free DS games.

Dude, yeah, it was EASILY the best reward of the first year, AND it was available for platinum points, the easiest to accumulate at the time. I want more free DS games.
Oof I missed it too sadly. Never even knew that it was there lol.

MyNintendo is meh really. For the themes, they plaster "MyNintendo" and it just looks like an advertisement. Also, mynintendo themes with that logo also have the same music. Themes are supposed to have music corresponding to the character or what game it came from. Did Nintendo Switch rewards ever come out? Probably not. It's been sitting there as "Coming Soon" since last year XD

MyNintendo is meh really. For the themes, they plaster "MyNintendo" and it just looks like an advertisement. Also, mynintendo themes with that logo also have the same music. Themes are supposed to have music corresponding to the character or what game it came from. Did Nintendo Switch rewards ever come out? Probably not. It's been sitting there as "Coming Soon" since last year XD
A year ago: Nintendo Switch rewards on my My Nintendo! Coming soon!

Today: Nintendo Switch rewards on My Nintendo! Coming soon!

Next year: Nintendo... okay you get the idea

Not all the themes are like that, thankfully. I've gotten some really great themes, like the Kirby 20th anniversary, Zelda 30th anniversary, and a Sonic 25th anniversary, as well as an awesome Majora's Mask theme, among others.

Actually, I think they decided making gold points usable in the switch eshop is rewards enough... disappointment

Actually, I think they decided making gold points usable in the switch eshop is rewards enough... disappointment
Agreed, totally lame. The least they could do is add a download code or two for some Switch games, nothing too fancy. But they decide to give us wallpapers and crafts and other trash instead. :/

Comparing the two Club Nintendo had better rewards. I mostly got VC titles from Club Nintendo but I had to review most of the DS/3DS titles I owned while My Nintendo I didn't need to do almost anything so you put in less info but you get less out of it. But My Nintendo is better than nothing and it had some apps that I might use like the Smash Controller.

Comparing the two Club Nintendo had better rewards. I mostly got VC titles from Club Nintendo but I had to review most of the DS/3DS titles I owned while My Nintendo I didn't need to do almost anything so you put in less info but you get less out of it. But My Nintendo is better than nothing and it had some apps that I might use like the Smash Controller.
Smash Controller is the only reward that is actually good. It costs like 3 dollars regularily but now its only about 80 platinum points.

Back