1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Do you think old Nintendo consoles deserve to be "brought back"?

Discussion in 'Old School Nintendo Gaming' started by Marc, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Marc

Marc Until We Go Down Forum Management

Play Coins:
    2,489 coins
    I'm asking because I came across an article mentioning an improved version of the Game Boy. We've already seen Nintendo release better versions of their NES and SNES Mini consoles, so I'm wondering if you think the old Nintendo consoles deserve this treatment or do you think the company should keep their focus on new consoles?
  2. Spinnerweb

Spinnerweb Lime Pawpaw Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    153 coins
    No. Nintendo messes up modern consoles enough as it is.
  3. pokerus

pokerus Helpful Virus Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    84 coins
    I don't agree because I think the Switch went pretty well, but I do agree they shouldn't update old consoles. I don't think they should do it to the Gameboy. That would just be weird. They should just bring Gameboy to Virtual console on the Switch
  4. 3dsCollector

3dsCollector Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    323 coins
    Yea I think they should just port all the games they can to Virtual Console and make a semi decent search system to find them all. But they probably make more money going the mini console route.
    Marc likes this.
  5. Darrix

Darrix Asians R Us Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    23 coins
    I think it is really just for the older market. People who grew up in that era that owned a NES or SNES, making it a good thing. As if you were to get those games again for the NES some games can cough up to $200+. Which insane unless your a hard core collector. So I think Nintendo is doing something good, as a tribute to the originals.
  6. Farhaan Raja

Farhaan Raja Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    341 coins
    No. SNES and NES deserved remasters because the games were old and rather good.
    N64, GCN, DS and all the others should get ported onto the switch virtual console.
  7. 3dsCollector

3dsCollector Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    323 coins
    I wouldn’t say just because a game is old you should remake or remaster it. TMNT IV (snes) got a remaster that was hot garbage, and the original is much better). Plus tons of newer games get remasters anyways. Look at OoT, Majora’s Mask, even Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Besides, how would you even go about remaking a game like the original Legend of Zelda?
    Farhaan Raja likes this.
  8. Farhaan Raja

Farhaan Raja Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    341 coins
    Give it the Metroid: Zero Mission treatment and remake it with the Link Between Worlds engine. Put it on the switch or 3ds.

Oh, and when I said that old games deserved remakes, i kinda only meant the good ones. Overall, I was glad to see which games they put on the SNES classic.
  9. PrimordialMew24

PrimordialMew24 Custom Title Events Team

Play Coins:
    318 coins
    Yes and no.

No, because I think Nintendo should focus on the Switch more and get going with the paid subscription service rather than putz around with retro system remakes. Many of these games could be put on the Virtual Consoles of the Switch and or 3DS.

Yes, because Nintendo can market nostalgia like nobody else and have older people relive the past and the new generation experience the good old days of video gaming. If this allows for Nintendo to make money and improve their digital infrastructure (ex: servers for online gaming which still sucks).

Also, I think Nintendo was smart not to put all their eggs in one basket due to the failure of the Wii U. Nintendo still has the 3DS for better or worse and it's still selling well. As for the Switch, I have high hopes for it and look forward to many years with it.
  10. AricAttack

AricAttack Pittoo Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    45 coins
    Yeah that would be a good idea for like the n64 and maybe GameCube but @Marc quick question do you mean like more of the mini/classic consoles or do you mean like they bring them back in a new improved way also would they take cartridges or have the games in the console digitally?
  11. Marcaroni and cheese

Marcaroni and cheese Kraft macaroni

Play Coins:
    8 coins
    if they made a ds system with working online for games that'd be pretty neato. they could have a system with built-in games, and a cartridge slot so you can play your own copies as well if you'd rather want to play those
  12. zekiebouy

zekiebouy Ex(zach)ly Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    145 coins
    Definitely think these games should be resurrected! .... Well at least the NES and SNES and N64. I can't imagine Nintendo getting much farther than that honestly, Gamecube is far too recent for a reboot. But if they do a N64 Classic they really gotta fix that availibilty issue... don't appreciate spending upwards of $150 for something that retails for far less :dead: