Do you think the NX have a Blu-Ray Player?

• Thread starter amirally27
  • Start date

Do you think the NX will have a Blu-Ray Player?

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
I said what if they REVOLUTIONIZE the cartridge, bringing about a new format that is superior to the SD Card format today
You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "limitations"! Cartridges can have really large memory space, but the more space they have, the slower their read/write times will be! The ONLY way to alleviate this problem is by using gold or "better" gold (depends on what type they are) and I'm pretty sure you can tell that a 40+ carat golden circuit memory won't be cheap no matter how you go about doing it!

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "limitations"! Cartridges can have really large memory space, but the more space they have, the slower their read/write times will be! The ONLY way to alleviate this problem is by using gold or "better" gold (depends on what type they are) and I'm pretty sure you can tell that a 40+ carat golden circuit memory won't be cheap no matter how you go about doing it!
Technology evolves, and because of this it is possible that there could be an alternative that can be better and yet cheaper for something like an SD Card to become better and stronger than today's SD Cards

Technology evolves, and because of this it is possible that there could be an alternative that can be better and yet cheaper for something like an SD Card to become better and stronger than today's SD Cards
And every new technology needs a minimum of 4 years before it is implemented in anything at all, so considering that currently there is NOT an alternative that offers a decent amount of storage (20+GBs) AND good read/write speeds, the ONLY way for the NX to have that new technology is if it's released around 2020 or even later than that! Now, let's drop this unproductive conversation and get back to the real topic, shall we?

PS: Watching too many Sci-Fi films may be interesting or fun, but you really need to understand the difference between fiction and reality!

And every new technology needs a minimum of 4 years before it is implemented in anything at all, so considering that currently there is NOT an alternative that offers a decent amount of storage (20+GBs) AND good read/write speeds, the ONLY way for the NX to have that new technology is if it's released around 2020 or even later than that! Now, let's drop this unproductive conversation and get back to the real topic, shall we?

PS: Watching too many Sci-Fi films may be interesting or fun, but you really need to understand the difference between fiction and reality!
Are you some kind of analyst? Arguing with me about the fact that it may or may not be possible for cartridges to be superior to discs or that Nintendo could change the cartridge formula is saying that everything is impossible and cannot be done within the next year. Just wait, as 128 MB in 2004 probably costed as much as 128 GB today, they can possibly create something like that but better and more affordable.

PS: I don't watch a lot of movies. The last movie I watched was Age of Ultron when it was in theaters. So you calling me some sort of fictional believer who can't grip into the world of reality makes you look more like an idiot than me.

Are you some kind of analyst? Arguing with me about the fact that it may or may not be possible for cartridges to be superior to discs or that Nintendo could change the cartridge formula is saying that everything is impossible and cannot be done within the next year. Just wait, as 128 MB in 2004 probably costed as much as 128 GB today, they can possibly create something like that but better and more affordable.

PS: I don't watch a lot of movies. The last movie I watched was Age of Ultron when it was in theaters. So you calling me some sort of fictional believer who can't grip into the world of reality makes you look more like an idiot than me.
You don't seem to know how technology works! You are also defiant when it comes to even doing some research! Let me make an example of how long it takes to make advancements! The DDR4 RAMs were first conceived as an idea in the mid-2008 and created in the mid-2009, but were only released on January 6 2015! That was a project where almost every major corporation that specializes in computer technology took part in and it still took 6 and a half years! Now you are telling me that the NX, which will be released next year, will have a yet unconceived technology that will magically be fully completed, operational and implemented! Tell me, do you really understand what you are trying to say or is that just ignorance and uninformation speaking?

You don't seem to know how technology works! You are also defiant when it comes to even doing some research! Let me make an example of how long it takes to make advancements! The DDR4 RAMs were first conceived as an idea in the mid-2008 and created in the mid-2009, but were only released on January 6 2015! That was a project where almost every major corporation that specializes in computer technology took part in and it still took 6 and a half years! Now you are telling me that the NX, which will be released next year, will have a yet unconceived technology that will magically be fully completed, operational and implemented! Tell me, do you really understand what you are trying to say or is that just ignorance and uninformation speaking?
Whenever Nintendo releases a console, they think of the next one. So the NX could have been planned from as early as late 2013. With this in mind they could have thought of a better physical media format that utilize cartridges over the blu-ray format. They could have also thought that since they want to unite the handheld and home console divisions that they want 1 format instead of 2 so that development and manufacturing costs can be lowered and a unification could be achieved. Since we want a hybrid it would be helpful to have a cartridge-based system that can handle more than current cartridge-based systems. So if the NX is to release next year and they were working on this newer format for some time, I'd say it's likely to happen.

As new next generation Nintendo is coming out it would be hard to believe that the new console will have a built in bluray player because only playstation consoles have blueray players so how would Nintendo make a marketing deal with sony to have their technology built into the system. But, Nintendo and sony made a deal in the past to make the very first playstation though that died out quickly like Nintendo's partnering with CGI.

As new next generation Nintendo is coming out it would be hard to believe that the new console will have a built in bluray player because only playstation consoles have blueray players so how would Nintendo make a marketing deal with sony to have their technology built into the system. But, Nintendo and sony made a deal in the past to make the very first playstation though that died out quickly like Nintendo's partnering with CGI.
I actually like the Dorkly one more!

That gold would be pretty soft then, because pure gold is said to be soft, that's why there's a karat system, to tell how much gold is in the metal. And yes it's karat not carat

That gold would be pretty soft then, because pure gold is said to be soft, that's why there's a karat system, to tell how much gold is in the metal. And yes it's karat not carat
So, you made a post just to tell me how to spell it?:wacky:

To be honest I don't think the Nintendo NX would have Blu-Ray compatibility but their Is always hope

So, you made a post just to tell me how to spell it?:wacky:
Wait my edit didn't make it in? I did research, it's impossible for there to be gold that's 40k because pure gold is 24k.

There's a sea of disagreement up there. Doesn't look like it went anywhere meaningful, either. :rolleyes:

It would be a cool feature to have, but the NX might not even require disks. Pretty sure Nintendo is too focused on quality games to take it into consideration, anyways. xP

I really don't think so. Right now the NX appears to either be a mobile thing or at least a handheld, which gets kind of bulky if you want space to insert a blue-ray somewhere. Plus, it is meant as a gaming device, so adding a blue-ray player doesn't quite contribute to its purpose and probably will not attract new costumers. It would mean adding extra tech which gets the price up, without getting more sales for it, rather less. In conclusion; nope, not likely.

I believe it's fine that Nintendo does. I think Nintendo has gone far too long for them not to implement a DVD/ Blu Ray feature on their hardware. The PS2 did it back it the day, so why not the NX?

Back