Do you think the NX will use the 3DS/WiiU eShop balance?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Nintendo has already joined 3DS and Wii U balances, and the NX is coming.

Do you think Nintendo will let NX owners have the ability to join their 3DS and Wii U eShop balances or do you think it'll be separate, making us unable to spend already-uploaded funds on NX games?

I think I read at some point before that Nintendo plans to make a family of devices that work with each other, so I think it's likely. Then again, the NX is supposed to be "next gen" and previous consoles used different balances (Wii -> Wii U).

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu and Harold1995
I really hope so! It would be nice to play the already purcased games on the new console

While still contemplating on what exactly will the Nintendo NX be, it'd certainly be good to be able to transfer funds and/or combine them from the 3DS and Wii U. The NX either might have a completely separate system or a similar one to the 3DS and Wii U. I think that you'll be able to do that, and if not, then something similar of the sort :3

Reactions: Jisenku
I really hope they do. If they don't I'm fighting someone

Reactions: 28142
It would be in Nintendo's best interest and Nintendo shouldn't be oblivious to that fact.

The NX should stick with regular eShop balance and have everything connected. It makes things that much easier. I'm hoping there isn't an entirely different shop currency with the NX, cuz that would become hard to get used to. >.<

Yeah, of course. I don't see Nintendo taking down Nintendo Network once the NX comes out. And if Nintendo doesn't go down, neither will the eShop cards. So most likely, eShop money will work on the NX. And maybe you could even merge accounts from the Wii U to the NX.

That would be nice, as the eShop works as it is, it's not the best store but Nintendo have created a great one and they shouldn't be really trying to create another new system.

Not sure how it's relevant

But no, I doubt it will. Because Nintendo is stupid.

I think they will let you use your eShop credits yes. They pan on uniting all their platforms through My Nintendo after all, and the whole idea was that mobile, handheld, console and whatever is coming can all be managed with one My Nintendo account. It would only be logical to make the funds universal too.

I think that it would be like others have said the best idea, as it is widely used it would take longer for stores to get the new eshop cards(people could just use credit cards) then the purchases may go down in number just a bit .

Well, considering there is an unified online system right now, I guess it is more than possible.

I sure do hope we can still use our eshop balance!
Some people have hundreds of dollars stored in there, so it would probably send them in panic if the NX didn't have eshop support! Plus, if they had to create a new shop, they would have to come up with a new name! That could take years of work and development! Okay, that was just a joke, but I hope that the NX is compatible with the eShop! If not, your balance should at least be transferable.

It would make sense, assuming that they're all going to be linked to the same NNID then the eShops for all 3 should run under the same balance for that NNID. But then again this also assumes we are going to have eShop and Nintendo Network for the NX, which I'm kinda hopeful for because I have so many purchases on my 3DS/Wii U which I would love to download on my NX if possible.

I sure do hope we can still use our eshop balance!
Some people have hundreds of dollars stored in there, so it would probably send them in panic if the NX didn't have eshop support! Plus, if they had to create a new shop, they would have to come up with a new name! That could take years of work and development! Okay, that was just a joke, but I hope that the NX is compatible with the eShop! If not, your balance should at least be transferable.
Pfft, knowing Nintendo they'll just name it "NeweShop" though people might think that's only for the New3DS. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Leviathinian
Yes. For one thing you wouldn't have to buy a different type of eShop card. And for another it would save the gamer money so they don't have to buy a card if they want a certain eShop game. That is if there even is an eShop for the NX. It would be easier to distribute games and the 3DS/Wii U already has games on the eShop so it's likely there'll be one.

It should be sad if they don't use 3DS/Wii U eshop balance.
I want it to be possible to buy a game on Wii U and download it free to Nintendo's next console.

I'm under the impression now that your balance is actually linked to your Nintendo account. Which should be the same one used on the NX, correct?

Also, since the currency used now is actual money, it would feel stupid to not bring it over, it wouldn't make any sense.

I think they're going to keep the same currency. Mainly because it's linked to your Nintendo Account and it would be pointless to bring it over. I just repeated what Sunny said. The only thing they'll most likely change is the cards that are used to purchase points. We probably will have to buy different eShop cards. Like how to DS points don't work with 3ds points. But that doesn't matter :p

But if the Ds points don't work with the 3DS, isn't it because it was points? Now that it's money directly put in your balance, I'm under the impression that the same cards will be used!

Back