Do you think the NX will use the 3DS/WiiU eShop balance?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I have a feeling the NX's funds will not be linked with the 3DS/Wii U balance. It's going to be a different device altogether, even if the NNID's are transferred over. We still don't know much about the NX at this stage. If it's gonna be some sort of portable device (like a mobile) then I doubt it will share the same balance. It's gonna be a fresh new next gen device, and much unlike the 3DS/Wii U.

well, my nintendo is unifying NNID wiiu and 3ds (even social networks), so i think we will be able dowload our games on "Nintendo Xylophone"(???) or at least the 3ds/wiiu eshop will continue online for some time longer like is hapening with ps3 and psp now (I dont think their shop will be online forever)
the time will give us anwers, but I want that "Nintendo Xylophone" could be able to shoot lazers and sweets as the rumor what I invented 5 minutes ago says(???)

I hope so for the reson that i have some money on there and it would be great to see nintendo keep the one service that everyone is using up and running not like the Xbox 360 witch is going offline at the end of 2016 and they are going to lose alot of money there so i hope nintendo keeps things like they are now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing is, a lot of people were mad that they had to pay to get their Wii Virtual Console games back when the Wii U came out. I think they won't make that mistake again, and will use the Nintendo eShop for their future consoles/devices. I'm sure it'd be really easy to get all your downloads on the eShop linked to the NX's eShop.

I will get incredibly mad if they don't do that. It's real money not just something you earn from playing stuff (but I'd still be mad even if that was the case) so they cannot mess around with that or they will get a LOT of backlash from it.

It would be like steam shutting down or getting rid of their currency. Athough that would be much worse, it's kinda the same with the eshop. The Eshop balence is linked to your nintendo account along with any digital games you have brought. All of that stuff is on the eshop. If the eshop is not a thing on the NX it will eventually become discontinued, What will happen to all the games you've brought then and the money you have on there?

It would be the worst move ever if nintendo decided to get rid of it.

i sure hope so >.< I want to play my ace atorny game on NX so badly ;~; almost everyone has a new 3ds and im stuck with a half broken old one :( and im wanting an xbox one for christmas but then i can't get a replacement 3ds. I also want a ps4 for the crash remakes and ughhh it's so intense choosing what consle to go with :( but yes i do think nintendo will still use the eshop. If they didn't i'm sure it would anger some of the fans

if they use the NNID sistem, yes

I'm quite sure (and I hope too) that the NX would use the same eShop balance as the 3DS and Wii U. I don't see why they would not do it. I think they could make do with the already existing eShop cards. There shouldn't be a reason to change things, it would only make it more complicated.

I definitely hope so, I mean imagine somebody purchased Pikmin 3 (which is $60) and tons of other Wii U games on their E-Shop, and then when the NX comes out they couldn't transfer anything they bought on the Wii-U! Then it would be a huge waste of money on all of the Wii-U games you bought on the E-Shop! So yes, I hope Nintendo does let you do this.

Back