Do you think the switch should’ve had better touchscreen support?

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
As many of you know I’m sure the switch has a touch screen but barely anything supports it, there’s a few indies but not much and the only type of triple a game that uses it that I can think of is L.A Noire which is kinda of surprising tbh since you can play just about the whole game with touch screen, but that’s besides the point, sure you can do everything on the main menu with the touchscreen but there isn’t much st all like you can’t scroll through menus in games you can’t select stuff in games and IMO if they added touch screen it should’ve had better support, but let me know your opinion.

Ehh doesn't really bother me. I'm ok having the option, but I like that it's less of a gimmick and more about making good games first. If a game can use it to be better then the feature is there, if not, that;s ok too.

Reactions: AricAttack
No, it really messes with the screen at its not good if you constantly looking at it

For some reason fortnite lets you play with mobile controls on the switch. Why anyone would want that I dunno, but its a thing.

For the touch screen are you supposed to use a stylus or your finger?

For the touch screen are you supposed to use a stylus or your finger?
Its made for your finger. Thier are some styluses made to simulate a finger press you could use, but its made for fingers.

OK so its kind of like a tablet in that sort of way. I would be the kind who would want to use a stylus.

As many of you know I’m sure the switch has a touch screen but barely anything supports it, there’s a few indies but not much and the only type of triple a game that uses it that I can think of is L.A Noire which is kinda of surprising tbh since you can play just about the whole game with touch screen, but that’s besides the point, sure you can do everything on the main menu with the touchscreen but there isn’t much st all like you can’t scroll through menus in games you can’t select stuff in games and IMO if they added touch screen it should’ve had better support, but let me know your opinion.
i think they shouldve removed this or had it more like 3ds or old ds where we can use a stylus instead of finger touching, only without the double screen compatibility. now for something simple like typing to search the eshop this is ok, but i would not want to play something on switch that requires excessive touch controls as this could sometimes have undesirable, annoying responses on android devices (this has happened to me a lot and it still can be aggravating). or worse, anything involving drawing. drawing is something i dont even want to try since we dont have stylus on switch

I think drawing on the Switch would work, as long as when you buy it, it comes with a special stylus or something. I hate using my finger on screens.

Using a touch screen made for stylus use and one for finger use is very different. On the 3ds it is kinda difficult to touch a specific thing on the screen with your finger. The switch is much better in this regard.
Thier is some more modern tablets that work great with both hard styluses and fingers, but they are very expensive to make and buy. Thier is styluses available that are made for use on screens like the switch.
The touch screen for switch feels more like its there for menu navigation convenience, as well as opening more options for game devs, such as porting mobile games.

Using a touch screen made for stylus use and one for finger use is very different. On the 3ds it is kinda difficult to touch a specific thing on the screen with your finger. The switch is much better in this regard.
Thier is some more modern tablets that work great with both hard styluses and fingers, but they are very expensive to make and buy. Thier is styluses available that are made for use on screens like the switch.
The touch screen for switch feels more like its there for menu navigation convenience, as well as opening more options for game devs, such as porting mobile games.
I agree, the touch screen support seems to be mostly for menus. It makes sense that not a lot of games would use it anyway, since most of the time you'll probably be playing it in docked mode and obviously touching the tv won't work.
I don't use the touch screen as a rule in this case - all you really accomplish is getting fingerprints all over it, and it's hard enough to see that tiny screen as it is.

Yeah I'm very paranoid about fingerprints, yet I find myself touching my 3ds screen with my finger sometimes lol

Yeah I'm very paranoid about fingerprints, yet I find myself touching my 3ds screen with my finger sometimes lol
I don't find it nearly as bad with the DS series; fingerprints barely show up on the screen. I still make an effort to use the stylus though, since it's typically integral to gameplay on some level.
The Switch shows prints very easily, on the other hand :confused:

Thats probably because the screen is kind of like a tablets screen that does respond with anything but your finger.

I think it’s better that the Nintendo Switch isn’t fingerprint touchable because many people might mess up their tvs by pressing on tvs if their game gets stuck or crashes and also it might be laggy too and there’s also a high chance of becoming blind because of the TV screens brightnesss.
What?

I thought you were talking about if the Switch should be connected to the tv and if the tv can be touchable and stuff my bad
Why would The tv be touchable .-.

I don’t think that the touch screen really needs any support. We’ve aalready got Joy Cons and Pro Controllers, so what’s the need for a touch screen? Maybe it would be cool for a few games, but they probably wouldn’t be Nintendo games, so why would they bother adding that feature?

I think it's fine as is. Although, It would be neat for drawing apps and Rhyming games, The Switch wasn't made to primarily be a copycat tablet. There are plenty of controller options/playing modes as well so that's a plus.

If you want full touchscreen support, revert to one of the DS's or even the Wii U (Gamepad). xD

I think it's fine as is. Although, It would be neat for drawing apps and Rhyming games, The Switch wasn't made to primarily be a copycat tablet. There are plenty of controller options/playing modes as well so that's a plus.

If you want full touchscreen support, revert to one of the DS's or even the Wii U (Gamepad). xD
The Wii U had a great touchscreen. I remember drawing on Miiverse :p

Back