Do you think the switch should’ve had better touchscreen support?

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
I think touchscreen support is unnecessary because all your doing is adding a couple new inputs and changing what the buttons shape and looks are. The screen would get smudgy and docked mode wouldn't work at all. There were times when I thought it would have that feature but didn't. Unless there's a stylus or a special controller (then again with a new controller we wouldn't need the input) with a touchscreen I think we can all do without it. Also if I need to type something I'd be sure to see if there's a keyboard that works with it.

I feel like it should've had better touchscreen support. The touchscreen and joycons have so much potential for both triple A games and indie tittles. I feel later when the switch gets more familiarized with developers there will be more games that use the touch screen and put into use. There are rumors of Nintendo making flipnote for Nintendo switch which can put the touch screen into very good use.

When I got my Switch, I remember being quite disappointed in the touchscreen on most games since you couldn't even use it on games that it would make sense to use it on. Now I mainly only play my switch docked, so it's not really an issue for me anymore. It probably only bothered me since I have been using my 3DS for years, and that came with a stylus, and almost every game I played used the bottom screen for most buttons.

personally i don't like touchscreen, i only use it to type faster, or very simple things like exit a menu. i dont care for it to be used as game controls, i find that annoying. it makes my screen dirtier if anything lol.

On one hand it would have been more in line with the DS, but I think Nintendo tries to go in new directions every time they create a new console/handheld. So no stylus or touch screen, and instead there was more focus on the versatility of being a handheld and home console.

What’s strange to me is that they felt the need to include one in the first place if they weren’t planning to implement it or provide a stylus for it. It might have a saved a bit of money in costs to just use a normal screen.

Back