Do you want an Internet Browser or Youtube in the NX?

• Thread starter Big Yoshi
  • Start date
Big Yoshi

Big Yoshi

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hey everyone! Do you want an Internet browser in the NX, or Youtube, like in PS4 and xBox One? I think it will be really cool. Still, Youtube and an Internet Browse will not help my family and me alot because our TV has them already.

Not really.

I mean, it is a game console, people can use a smarthphone or pc for internet browsing.

Though it can help with finding game guides in real time, so I guess it could be useful, but nothing essential :p

Meh.

If it's portable, perhaps, but it's a gaming device so it doesn't seem necessary.
For music purposes: Some tweaks to the music player would be nice though. I'd love it to be able to play in the background or import music directly, but there is no need for a browser.

I think it will most likely have an internet browser, like most devices these days. I think NX users will make good use of it, it's like taking a break from the video game aspect (but not if you search for something like gaming reviews!). My vote goes to internet browser. xD

A Youtube app wouldn't be too bad either. It's present on most mobile devices and I think it will work well with the NX (hopefully with no lag). :p

I'd like it if the NX had most of the apps Wii U already has and could expand on those. Like, yeah, I can use my PC or a phone but it's a lot quicker to just go on the NX web browser or the Youtube app instead on the big screen and for a handheld, well, it's pretty much essential, IMO.

I don't think it's really necessary. I mean, their bound to have a phone, tablet, computer, laptop etc. basically at least one thing that can connect to the internet. But if they add those features then, well cool. It helps people who only have one search engine :p

Yes, but I want it to be much better than the 3ds browser. I noticed the 3ds browser was similar to a browser that you would see on most flip phones. I'm hoping that it's going to partner up with internet explorer. And YouTube? I'd be on board with that if they had allowed you to watch videos in the internet browser instead. Doing such would save space do to the fact that would make no need for a YouTube app.

I didn't use youtube or internet on my 3DS.
If I want a watch a video or using the internet! I prefer pc or phone!

Eh...I don't go to on YouTube anymore unless I'm uploading junk to it. And seeing how everything had internet these days (even freaking cars) I can see it having a browser.

Though I don't like browsers on game systems.

why wouldn't you want an internet browser or youtube on the nx? whether you're just casually browsing or watching, or trying to find a guide for a game, a browser or youtube would be very helpful.

Yes, a browser pretty much always means homebrew access
Not really. I never use any browser on anything that isn't either a PC or a smartphone. And even on my smartphone I use it like once a month since it's so unpractical.

Both of these are already in the 3DS and Wii U and they can come in handy at times. For people who don't have any other kind of technology peripherals to access them, I think it's best if Nintendo also adds these apps to the NX; or else there's bound to be people who will complain about it.

Honestly, I think that just a internet browser would work. I mean like you can both browse on the web and watch youtube. Just type in the youtube address

Why not. Think about it. If this is a thing that you can take with you, you could first play games and then watch a video on the toilet. And if you say you don't watch videos and play games on the toilet, we know you are lying.

I think it would be cool if it was a handheld system, which I hope that it is, though otherwise I won't ever use it. Actually I probably won't use it either way, as the YouTube app on my 3ds remains untouched and the internet browser will probably suck sadly.
I don't think it's necessary.

I wouldn't mind if the Nintendo NX has an internet browser and a Youtube app. Either way I wouldn't be using both of them because I rather just do that on my laptop which would be a much better experience in all aspects xD It is nice to have it there though in case of certain circumstances or situations :p

Having an Internet Browser AND a Youtube app is kinda pointless considering that you'll likely be able to watch Youtube videos from the Internet Browser like on the Wii U and New 3DS. And if you're one of the less fortunate people (like me) who don't have a PC or smartphone, It would remain a very handy feature to keep the Internet Browser, but Youtube wouldn't exactly be necessary imo.

I'm that one person who prefers the gamepad more than the TV screen, and my wii u is my favorable device. If the NX has no browser, that means that I'd have to be on my Wii U to use the internet and my NX to play a game or something else. I mean, I clocked in (get ready for this) 2100+ hours on my wii u internet browser since the day it launched and will probably do the same for the NX.​

Honestly,I wouldn't really care for either,yes i get that if your dont have a pc or a smartphone(which isnt very common nowadays)then yes i would understand,but i was never really a fan of the terrible 3ds internet browser.Yes the wii u one was pretty good but the pc or a smartphone is still a better experience.

Youtube is on the internet browser and runs smoother there than the app. So yes

Back