Do you want the Nintendo NX to be a handheld or a home console?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Do you want the NX to be a handheld or a home console?

• Total voters
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
If you haven't heard already, Nintendo is working on a new system called "NX" (codename). Would you prefer it be a portable handheld device or a home console for the big screen?

Please vote in the poll and post below stating why you chose your answer :3

I think nx will be a home console as there is very less home console in nintendo franchise and Nintendo also launched new 3ds xl lately which is handheld gaming console so I am sure this thing will be home console

I want it to be a portable console because I prefer handhelds. However, since the 3DS is doing so well and the N3DS just came out, I'm sure it'll be a home console. The reason being that the Wii U wasn't Nintendo's finest hour and the average lifetime for a console that sells well is six years - the N3DS came out so it's too soon for a new handheld, and when will we see the NX? Somewhere in 2017 or early 2018 I think. That'll be five or six years on, it'll be Nintendo's successor to the Wii U.

Probably radically different as well, it might have smartphone connectivity or something, given how much Nintendo love DeNA recently - they're licensing their games to them, they're making a cross-platform-smartphone loyalty program with them...

I wish it is a portable console cuz I don't like home consoles so very much. Its gonna be the next generation of the wii u as far as I know.

Plus, the new 3ds was just released. However, anything can happen as far as I know nintendo. Nothing will stop them from making another portable if they like :p

I wish it is a portable console cuz I don't like home consoles so very much. Its gonna be the next generation of the wii u as far as I know.

Plus, the new 3ds was just released. However, anything can happen as far as I know nintendo. Nothing will stop them from making another portable if they like :p
I also don't like home console but if think practical you find that nintendo have very less home consoles+their are already many handheld console by nintendo and they launched new 3ds lately in January which is hand held console too so may this one will be home console.

i really hope its a hand-held i really love on the go gaming and hand-helds are my favorite way to play games it would be cool if its like the wii u but alot better i would freak out!

I don't think the NX with replace the Wii U because the new rewards system image shows the Wii U along side the NX and Nintendo might want more mileage on the Wii U and have more games that support Amiibo. The NX may be like the Virtual Boy involving virtual reality. They were experimenting with it on the 3DS with Face Raiders and AR Cards. So I conclude it might be "other".

I agree with @Spinnerweb; this won't be a handheld. I guess I thought this was something that would be coming soon, but I imagine it won't appear until the Wii U has already died out. The possibility of virtual reality is well as well, since it's Nintendo and 'The Next Big Thing' is always their selling point.

It's almost certainly a home console, since they just made the N3DS and are pushing it hard (Xenoblade just came out). Combine that with the WiiU's lackluster performance compared to the Wii all point to home console.

Or it could be some weird peripheral thingy that you use with the WiiU and 3DS. Nintendo is the experimental company of the three.

I honestly want it to be a fusion of the two, just because the idea seems logical for a company that relies mainly on first parties. They could focus on one consle instead of two. But, if it were only 1, I'd rather it be a new portable coming out in late 2017/early 2018.

To be honest, I'd like it to be the successor to the WiiU, but if that's the case, the few people who have bought WiiUs... aren't going to like it. And it's totally dead for a new handheld. Releasing the NX as an handheld would be a totally disaster because 1) the N3DS just came out, 2) this time, I doubt people are going to enjoy being treated as idiots.

But honestly, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it isn't a home console or an handheld. Maybe it's something other. That could be true as well, it's just that we're way too much adapted to the Console&Handheld duo. Who knows, if Nintendo's working with DeNA, a detail we shouldn't probably forget as well, they're working on a smartphone-like device ?

Reactions: Mikaya
When I first heard of this Nintendo NX thing , just by the name it is like giving me this feeling that it will be a home-console . To me I am imagining some sort of Nintendo Laptop that will be convenient to Nintendo Product , do certain things , etc . But then we all don't know so we might as well wait . I like portable consoles but it is just this felling :panda:

But honestly, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it isn't a home console or an handheld. Maybe it's something other. That could be true as well, it's just that we're way too much adapted to the Console&Handheld duo. Who knows, if Nintendo's working with DeNA, a detail we shouldn't probably forget as well, they're working on a smartphone-like device ?

I can't even imagine what a Nintendo smartphone would look like but you may be onto something here.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
They're making it both! \o/

I think it'll most likely be a super-powerful handheld. I've already put a bunch of opinions about the Wii U on this other thread, but I'm going to disagree with all that here. ^_^

I think it'll be a handheld because I don't see any flaws with the Wii U. On the other hand, the 3ds could use some hd graphics or something. Also, The Time-line goes, Nintendo Ds --> Nintendo Ds Lite --> Nintendo 3ds --> New Nintendo 3ds
NX system --> NX System (something)

But you never can guess.. They could be inventing a tv for all we know. xD

Reactions: Mikaya and Ashkil
I hope it's a home console coming out next generation. It could be the best thing ever but if it's released in the middle of a generation that won't be good for Nintendo. Plus they just made the new3ds so it really shouldn't be a handheld.

I sure as heck hope the NX will be a home console. I think Nintendo has released enough incarnations of the Nintendo 3DS for the chance of the NX being yet another handheld console. I bet even Nintendo knows that they have released enough handhelds for the time being. xD

I think it will be a handheld because the N3DS is just an improved 3DS with added features (hence the name), not a brand new/totally different console. The Wii U is still young, there are many titles yet to be released for it, so I think there are many years left in it. It would be silly and too soon to make a home console. It wouldn't be a good move for Nintendo.

the play stashin is a cool concel i think thar grate you just mote want onen if you cane bye one i uste to have onei just think thar cool like a 3ds 2ds to so bye one and play it thar grate you wold lov it sweet i think thar so cool

The reason for wanting it to be a portable console, is because that I want the Nintendo Wii U to last longer. However, I think that it most likely will be a home console because the New 3ds just released, and the life span for Nintendo home consoles are usually around 6 years. The Wii lasted from 2006 to 2012, and the NX will probably be released in 2018.

Depends on when it releases. IMO, a handheld anytime soon would be nice (this time in HD), maybe a hybrid console/handheld console. The Wii U will probably last until 2017 at the earliest, so NX being 2018 (like GerudoWarrior said) as the new console would be welcome.

Reactions: GerudoWarrior
Back