Do you want the Nintendo NX to be a handheld or a home console?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Do you want the NX to be a handheld or a home console?

• Total voters
I totally agree with @Artisan, the NX is going to be a VR or a AR headset. They wouldn't make a portable console because they just released the New 3Ds and its way too early. Also in one of the pictures it showed that Wii U, 3DS, PC, Smartphone, Tablet and NX will join together to make one new membership. This means it can be either an AR or VR headset a Combination of Portable and home Console or a Successor of Wii U which has better graphics ect. Companies like Sony and Microsoft are already creating VR or AR headsets, Sony is making Project Morphes, Microsoft is making the Hololens and There is already a VR headset called Oculus Rift, so it's likely that Nintendo NX will be a VR or AR headset.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
I kind of want it to be a handheld because I just really like handhelds plus my 3ds is kind of breaking so instead of getting another 3ds I would want to just get the nx or whatever plus handhelds are usually cheaper.

I don't think it will be a portable, mostly because they just came out with the New 3DS.
I'd want it to be a home console and have some sort of interesting gimmick. I still am not even convinced to get a Wii U, so it'd have to be a really strong lineup of games and some cool feature. I wonder what they'll come up with!

A handheld because I can bring it wherever I go. When I go visit somebody I want to play it. It will probably replace the 3ds and the NEW 3ds. Also I don't want to be at my house to play the nx. I think the nx would be a great if it was a handheld. But I don't think that I would like it if it was a console.

Why not both? Since nintendo is parnering up with the DENA company they could have a home console along with a mobile device such as an iPhone.

I would like it to be handheld since I not a big home console person. But, I worried if the NX comes out the 3DS would become obsolete like the Wii which I don't want to happen.

I would think it would be a home console since the N3DS recently came. I wouldn't like it to be a combination I'd probably buy if it was a home console. I havn't boughten any next gen consoles so far

I would say a home console, just because the N3ds came out recently, and I'm getting one for Christmas. And I hope it isn't as much as the Wii U would be.

The new 3ds is just like the dsi, it is not entirely new so I would prefer it to be a new handheld, and then a home console coming next year after that. If not, a vr set or some mobile device would also be cool for the nx. I really do not want it to be a home console because the wii u was 300 dollars after all so it should last much longer. The 3ds is really getting old so I would prefer a new handheld. If not, a vr set is literally the best option it can possibly be. I would love a smartphone of nintendo or a vr set, the nx may be something entirely new, with the wii u and 3ds being unaffected.

Back