AC:NL Does the name of your town have any hidden meaning?

• Thread starter manugutir
  • Start date
All of my towns before my current one we’re named Samtown. The reason for this is back when I was younger, I asked my mom what should name my town when I first started the Animal Crossing series. I was playing City Folk ya the time, and she suggested Samtown. So, it kinda became a trend for me to name every town that, lol.

My current town is called Mysteria. I have no idea why, it was just the first thing that popped into my head, and I wanted a fresh name. So, there you go. :p

Reactions: Kaynil
Some of us like to hide meanings in the names/nicknames of our pets, Pokémon and our towns in Animal Crossing: New Leaf (or, in fact, anything that can has a name).

Personally, my town is called "Tejemet". Tejemet is the meaning for "us" in the Nahuat language, and I like to thing it's a sign of union in my town and its residents.

What about your town? Does it hide any meaning?
I went with New Leaf because I couldn't think of anything that seemed creative enough, and I wanted something that felt natural in the Animal Crossing world.

Call it unoriginal, but I've actually grown real fond of it, and I feel like the name captures the town's essence, and the whole feel of the game in general. Plus it sounds comfy.

I named my town Nintendo... yup

This is such a cool thread. It is pretty interesting to see what reasoning goes behind naming the town. Some are simple but also some members have shared such nice stories about them. I tend to name with portmanteau words.

Mexayrul - Mexican Hyrule. My birth country plus my favourite kingdom. I think it sounds neat and easy to understand.
Brisarez - A combination of where I was from and where I was heading at the time. I really liked it because it sounded like it could be a real place.

They are not mindblowing but I am happy with them.

My town name is Orb, because-!! ..Well, I'm not sure tbh. I didn't have anything good to name it, so I named it Orb. :p
But seriously, I think it's because I played City Folk before. The the camera was positioned, it looked like you were constantly walking on a planet like King Kai's. (DBZ reference, lol. :p ) So yeah, I think that's why. o/

I called it Miralis named after Dire Miralis from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I honestly didn't know what else to call it at the time.

Eh, not really.
I decided to pick Jamtown randomly because I couldn't think of any other names...

im gonna name mine deetown. in wild world i originaly called it funtown because i honestly didnt care and did the first thing that came to my mind. then, i changed it to deetown cause of my name and i just stuck to it for some reason. i used it in new leaf and after years of that name no town would feel complete for me without that name. im weirdly bonded with it through my soul in some random weird animal crossing way.

IvyFalls been using it for every single Animal Crossing game I’ve played.
For me it’s the meaning of nature, I love nature, bright colors, flowers, trees it’s all so calming to me, in real life I can’t enjoy it as much do to fears & whatnot so I made that a thing in AC, I’d make my game full of flowers, trees & pretty things.
IvyFalls is full of nature & flowers & in Animal Crossing New Horizons well it’s gonna be easier to accomplish that goal!

Back