Does the WiiU get more boring the more you play it?

• Thread starter lludawg
  • Start date
lludawg

lludawg

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
My friend was so excited to get his WiiU about a month ago. When he got it, he played it a lot. He would sometimes spend his whole day playing Zelda Windwaker and Mario Kart. However nowadays, he barely plays at all. He says the games have gotten boring. What are your experiences?

Reactions: MLGirby
When I bought my WiiU, I played Mario Kart and Pokemon like crazy for about a week. However as soon as that week was up and I was getting places in the game, I was getting bored of them and had to take like a week off, and then go back into them as I was really bored. I get bored really easily though so it might just be me.

I've had the Wii U for about half a year and I haven't even gotten bored of it yet. It depends on the person and their interests. Granted, if you play the Wii U all day every day for a week you will become a little tired, but that shouldn't take away from your overall excitement for the Wii U, especially if you (in this case, your friend) only bought it a week ago.

Reactions: Kaynil
In my case, no. I got one last November, and I still play almost everyday. I would say the eShop games really complement the console nicely. Games like Shovel Knight, Child of Light, Guacamelee, Steam World and etc, it's nice to have those options while you wait for the next big title to come out.

And not to mention there's always something new coming soon (Citizens of Earth, Affordable Space Adventure, Teslagrad, and MANY more!).

I would say your friend has a case of oversaturation :rotfl: He needs a little break from playing it, or maybe get a new game.

In my case, no. I got one last November, and I still play almost everyday. I would say the eShop games really complement the console nicely. Games like Shovel Knight, Child of Light, Guacamelee, Steam World and etc, it's nice to have those options while you wait for the next big title to come out.

And not to mention there's always something new coming soon (Citizens of Earth, Affordable Space Adventure, Teslagrad, and MANY more!).

I would say your friend has a case of oversaturation :rotfl: He needs a little break from playing it, or maybe get a new game.
The only problem is that I want to play AC4 on Wii U but can't, I'm too busy playing Steam games. :coffee:

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
Not for me! With so many different indie and VC games to hold me over, I always have something to play, especially considering my big backlog

Same for me.... But I'm waiting for Smash, so my interest will grow again.

no if u have like 4 games but if u have 1 2 it gets boring after 3 -5 weeks

That's...the same with any platform....run out of games and it's boring.

That's...the same with any platform....run out of games and it's boring.

I never do. I have three gaming machines, a Wii U, a 3DS, and a powerful laptop.

Reactions: Shadow_has_Risen, xXAwesomeDudeXx and nicklesimba
I never do. I have three gaming machines, a Wii U, a 3DS, and a powerful laptop.
Wish I had a good computer XD I miss out on all the "hardcore" games which sucks but #nintendo4lyfe #420blazeit

Wish I had a good computer XD I miss out on all the "hardcore" games which sucks but #nintendo4lyfe #420blazeit

I can't even play Just Cause 2 and StarCitizen.

no i really like the wii u

actually no i have had my wii u for 1 and a half years and it never seem to get boring i think it's because it's a great console to play just need 3rd party support then everyone will leave xbox and ps for nintendo just my ideas :)

I go through periods of time of not playing it. It's more to do with the fact I'm a handheld gamer more. When I go back to my home consoles though, I usually have a good bit to catch up on . So I don't get bored of it, but I do take breaks from playing.

Like people have said before, it depends on how many and what games you have, just like with any other console.

I am kind of getting bored with my Wii U after about a year. There aren't too many games that I am interested in, Mario Kart 8 was the last one, I will probably get Smash Bros on my 3DS since I barely use it, Not too many third party games, Hyrule Warriors seems meh. Splatoon is too expensive. The only next thing I am looking forward to on the Wii U is Xenoblade Chronicles X.

When my friend got his Wii U for Christmas, me and him played it all the time. We played great games like Mario Bros U and the best of all Super Mario 3D World. Me my friend and my sister all beat that game together and it was one of my greatest Nintendo experiences. And then once we beat that he got Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze which was a very disappointing game in my opinion. My friend was always player 1 and me and my sister had to trade spots between player two but player two always needed to go on player 1s back. It was really bad for multiplayer. It's a alright single player game, but a horrible multiplayer game. And then he bought Mario Kart 8 and we had a pretty fun time playing that. But then all of a sudden no one played the Wii U anymore because all we play now is our 3DS. And now that Smash Bros for 3DS is out, I don't think we will be touching the poor Wii U for a long time.

I guess it depends on how many and what types of games you have. For example, having a bunch of the Mario platformers would get boring easily... I don't have a Wii U but I'd like a steady stream of new, unique games of many genres to keep me interested. You know, something like Super Mario 3D World to play - then move to Splatoon, then to something like Zelda, Smash Bros, Xenoblade and finally Splinter Cell (just a bunch of examples, a few different games).

Not really, still like people is saying, that depends of what do you like to play and how many games do you have :p

Back