• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date

Do you like Falco or Fox more?

• Total voters
Mizunil

Mizunil

Born at a young age
Towns Folk
In SSB4 would you rather play as Falco or Fox?
Just like Ness and Lucas there not clones ;-;

They have little differences that change your style.

An example is Fox's gun shoots faster but the shots do no knock back and only 1% damage
And Falco's gun shot's are slower but they stun the opponent for like a second and they do 2%

This is one of the mini differences in they're move sets that are different

Personally I like Falco more
Mainly just personal preference

Just like Ness and Lucas there not clones ;-;
"yes they are they are all clones same ganondorf is a clone of captain falcon and jigglypuff is a clone of kirby"
— Typical noob who plays as Dark Pit...

Anyway, in Melee I would have said Falco without hesitating, it's my main :p
In SSB4, I think I still vote Falco. I can't play him as well as in Melee at all (too much changes) but I still think he's more interesting. For example, what's the use of Fox's Blaster? Give 3% with three hits? Useless. Meanwhile with Falco, you can edgeguard (if the opponent is bad yeah, but that's still something) thanks to the knockback.

Reactions: Mizunil
Hey, fox's lasers do like 2 or 3 percent when your closer. You can get like 30 percent and a charged up smash from a shield break with it. Not that Fox breaks shield that much.
Falco is more fun and easier to play but Fox is honestly better in every game. Known in melee for the satisfying shine spike. He can even shine spike in smash 4 (robin lol). He's faster, his up air auto cancels with full hop, he has a better fox trot, and has better movement and mobility overall. He even has the fast fall fair footstool. He is better and fun to play as but not nearly as fun as Falco.
Falco has a couple of moves that can spike, and are all super satisfying when they do. His phantasm spike feels kind of random but spilling someone while you're trying to recover is so hilarious. His dair is a bit like luigi's dair but slightly delayed making it harder to hit but more satisfying upon success. His up tilt surprisingly too.
Basically, they are very different characters. Falco is more fun especially for casual play or ffa. Fox is much better for competitive play. I don't think any of their differences are "mini". and their style is definitely very different. Personally I like Falco. He's the Sasuke of starfox.

Reactions: Mizunil
Hey, fox's lasers do like 2 or 3 percent when your closer.

Sorry I didn't know ;-;

Reactions: kr3rdparty
Hey, fox's lasers do like 2 or 3 percent when your closer. You can get like 30 percent and a charged up smash from a shield break with it. Not that Fox breaks shield that much.
Falco is more fun and easier to play but Fox is honestly better in every game. Known in melee for the satisfying shine spike. He can even shine spike in smash 4 (robin lol). He's faster, his up air auto cancels with full hop, he has a better fox trot, and has better movement and mobility overall. He even has the fast fall fair footstool. He is better and fun to play as but not nearly as fun as Falco.
Falco has a couple of moves that can spike, and are all super satisfying when they do. His phantasm spike feels kind of random but spilling someone while you're trying to recover is so hilarious. His dair is a bit like luigi's dair but slightly delayed making it harder to hit but more satisfying upon success. His up tilt surprisingly too.
Basically, they are very different characters. Falco is more fun especially for casual play or ffa. Fox is much better for competitive play. I don't think any of their differences are "mini". and their style is definitely very different. Personally I like Falco. He's the Sasuke of starfox.

"He's the Sasuke of starfox." That was gold, just... Can't even begin to explain how great that last line was.. And how true it is.. Although Sasuke will always be Sasuke and Falco, Falco.. But if somebody didn't know Falco or Starfox for that matter. That would pretty much get the idea across XD. Props to you all the way though.. And your definitely right about Fox vs Falco. They are indeed, very different. I kind of like that though.. Fox being "not nearly as fun" as Falco is just an opinion, as I think playing as Fox is much more enjoyable than playing as Falco.. There's just something about him and his style I really like. But that's just me...

Furries ftw!! (JK, I'm starting to really dislike them, but that's off topic)...

So yeah... Fox for me

"Sasuke of Starfox"...I'm really gonna have to use that line sometime.. *sigh* Golden..

I have an easier time giving damage with Fox, but it's a lot more fun for me to play with Falco, even though I kind of suck with him

Reactions: pek727
I definitely prefer Falco over Fox. The biggest reason is that I think Fox has a really annoying voice in Smash 4. I also love Falco for his ariels, laser knockback, and phantasm meteor smash. He's probably my #2 or #3 most played character

"yes they are they are all clones same ganondorf is a clone of captain falcon and jigglypuff is a clone of kirby"
— Typical noob who plays as Dark Pit...

Anyway, in Melee I would have said Falco without hesitating, it's my main :p
In SSB4, I think I still vote Falco. I can't play him as well as in Melee at all (too much changes) but I still think he's more interesting. For example, what's the use of Fox's Blaster? Give 3% with three hits? Useless. Meanwhile with Falco, you can edgeguard (if the opponent is bad yeah, but that's still something) thanks to the knockback.
Dang. That just goes without saying Dark Pit is a bad character.

Theoretically both characters are balanced but in actuality I prefer Falco. Falco is designed to have some cryptic kill confirms (d-tilt) in Melee-SSB4 but Fox has the speed advantage so the player doesn't need to predict to win (if that makes sense). This is more noticeable in Smash 4 Wii U where you can see your Fox inputs faster than the Falco player can see his. The skill of the player determines the outcome more so than the game itself. Fox can still shine/side b spike, the mechanics just changed so it looks different and happens at higher percentages because of knockback reasons.

Falco. I like his move set a bit more than Fox's - it's less generic to me. Falco's voice is more tolerable, too imo. :hilarious: But I will admit, Fox has the better combos, and that's about it.

Reactions: pek727
Dang. That just goes without saying Dark Pit is a bad character.
I didn't say it is a bad one :p
I just don't understand how a lot of "noobs" complain about Falco being a clone of Fox (and other clones) but also a lot of "noobs" play as Dark Pit, even though he is far more of a clone than Falco is.

Now, even close clones can be good. I mean, I main Falco in Melee and at this time he was far more of a Fox clone than what he is now, but his differences were still enough to make him a different character (and a more interesting one from my point of view).

Falco, is not really a clone (he still is though) personality I would want Krystal to replace Him,

Normally, since Melee I have always preferred Falco, especially in Smash 4 even though he is only one of my Sub-Mains. But Falco has always been fun for me.

Fox is better because his laser gun shoots you and your percentage just keeps on increasing and he is a little bit more faster.

Fox, his pew pew is faster :3

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
I prefer Fox because he's just a lot faster than Falco and his laser gun can do more damage than Falco since Fox shoots it so fast. I can also perform more combos because I'm better at playing fast characters like Sonic and Captain Falcon.

Falco all the way because why would you use fox laser which only does 1 percent of damage and no knockback when you can get a laser that does decent damage and has a little knockback. Anyway falco is just better for me cause he is super fun and his recovery can make people die if you use it right

Fox all the way, man. It's easy to enrage human opponents by using this move over and over again. >w<
(though I do try to keep things fair by switching to other attacks >w>).

Fox doesn't throw his deflector around like some kind o' hotshot (making deflecting a hit-or-miss game), and you can still damage enemies with it on its own. Perfect for when you're surrounded, actually. :cat:
Also, Fox was the leader in Star Fox 64, so... :wacky:

Also, Fox was the leader in Star Fox 64, so... :wacky:
...but Falco is a better pilot. He just can't lead since he's too arrogant, that's why the team leader is the second best pilot only.

...but Falco is a better pilot. He just can't lead since he's too arrogant, that's why the team leader is the second best pilot only.

:stop: Fox is as good a pilot as the player controlling him, so I'd say that argument is invalid~
(Also, you can shoot him so he has to leave for ship repairs and then oh look who's the tough one now? ........:hilarious:)

Back