Falco or Fox?

• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date

Do you like Falco or Fox more?

• Total voters
:stop: Fox is as good a pilot as the player controlling him, so I'd say that argument is invalid~
(Also, you can shoot him so he has to leave for ship repairs and then oh look who's the tough one now? ........:hilarious:)
Here's the SNES manual for Star Fox. Scroll down to page 16.
"Falco Lombardi".
"His piloting skill exceeds even that of Fox McCloud".

And if my argument is invalid because the player may pilot better... well actually your argument is as invalid as mine since this thread is about Smash, so it doesn't matter who's the best pilot or who's the team leader when we're judging fighters.

Here's the SNES manual for Star Fox. Scroll down to page 16.
"Falco Lombardi".
"His piloting skill exceeds even that of Fox McCloud".

And if my argument is invalid because the player may pilot better... well actually your argument is as invalid as mine since this thread is about Smash, so it doesn't matter who's the best pilot or who's the team leader when we're judging fighters.

;w;

okay. I thought canon Star Fox fit into Smash Bros. just like any other canon series would. I don't go by the player manuals, since usually I just jump into the game anyway, but. Meh.

At least Fox makes sense. Final Smash: "Land master!"
Falco: "Personally, I prefer the air!" *gets into land-master anyway*

Also, I think speed is more important than the other things, so sly fox wins over... made-up...creature...thingy.

At least Fox makes sense. Final Smash: "Land master!"
Falco: "Personally, I prefer the air!" *gets into land-master anyway*
Haha! True :p
I almost never thought of that since I almost never play with Final Smashes on, but that's ridiculous indeed. Though if he came onto the stage with an Arwing, that would be far too OP, even for a Final Smash...

made-up...creature...thingy.
He's not made up. He's a majestuous siamese fireback.

I would say fox. I mean, I like him more than Falco but perhaps it is not because of all those in battle differences you are pointing out. I don´t like Falco because he is kind of arrogant, or at least more arrogant than fox. I know it is nonsense but it is actually the reason why I don´t play as Falco. Anyway, I haven´t noticed those differences, so probably next time, I will pick up falco and try him out.

Personally, I prefer playing as Falco, as I like the fact that his shots have enough stun power to allow me to get in and make a quick attack before jumping away and repeating the shot. I do this until the opponent has taken enough damage to be Ko'd by a launch, for which I use Falco's forward smash. Such a combo is much more difficult to pull as fox, and thus he doesn't really suit my play style.

Wolf duh! Hahah. No I think Falco gets it just on cool points. Better fighter is fox cuz those leg kicks in the air are deadly

I just prefer the combo heavy, hit and run, mindgame style of fox. He was just so much harder to hit; BAM, the Fox just hit you, BOOM,BAM,Boom, he's got you in that combo and before you know it, you're dead. Falco has always felt slower and more prone to being comboed. Some argue Falco has better combos, but whether they can start them is a controlling factor.

Falco, though an asset to Star Fox is in reality, a clone to Fox McCloud's style. (I'm a little biassed against clones. Like how I only play as Captain Falcon, Fox, Mario, Ness, and Marth. Not Ganondorf, Falco, Dr. Mario, Lucas, Roy, or Lucina.) It's also crazy how Roy and Lucina are a parody of the same guy!

Fox would be my preferred choice, based on experience. However, if Falco is a clone of Fox, then I guess both...?

Back