Gen 1 Favorite Gen 1 Pokemon

• Thread starter zerter555
  • Start date
Vulpix! It's too cute.And it evolves into Ninetails which is a very good competitive Pokemon.It's the cutest fire type in my opinion.Vulpix's design is very cool too.I like how it's a fox-like Pokemon.

My favorite pokémon overall is number 123, Scyther. I was very happy when I heard he got a new evolution in the next generation, but I really don't like Scizor at all. It's the ninja-feel and swords I like with Scyther, and he lost both by evolving :/

My favorite is Magikarp! I love that freaking thing!

Reactions: Holo
Flareon from far!
136.png

and all evee evolutions anyway! they're the first pokémon I raised to level 100.

It's sad that I don't see people give grass starters much love, personally they are my favorite and so, my favorite Gen 1 pokemon is Bulbasaurs family. Although it's probably because Bulbasaur itself is so cute XD If not Bulbaaur, it would have to be EEvee, because of all the games I played (I missed a bunch) it's the most unique in terms of evolution. (Obviously I'm not a competitive player, I'm more into learning more about the pokemon)

I can't decide on one, but I love both Alakazam and Dragonite. Both have cool design, are two of my favorite types (Psychic and Dragon) and are based on ESPs & Dragons respectively. Also, while Alakazam got INCREDIBLY cripple with it's mega, regular one with Magic Guard and Life Orb is deadly! It can even stand up to a Mewtwo in a battle. Dragonite on the other hand has great bulk and offenses, which along multiscale basically give you a free turn to use Dragon Dance and/or activate your weakness policy!

my all time favorite everyone should know is Charizard :3 everytime I send him in battle, I feel the fire waiting to happen. its like a close connection with the charizard I use back since I was little.

Reactions: Holo and GreninjaMan
Vulpix is so adorable! A rom hack that I have recently played made me appreciate this Pokemon since it was an option as a starter. It brought me a long way through the game, and I am grateful for that. Next time I want a fire type in my team, I will choose Vulpix to make it in.

I liked Squirtle the most, I dont know why but i have a thing for water starters!

so what is your favorite gen one pokemon. there is a lot of pokemon to choose from in gen one of pokemon and personally my favorite pokemon in gen you are eevee and the evolved versions of eevee are vaporeon jolton and flareon because for somereason i just like eeve so back to the main topic what is your favorite gen one pokemon because there are a lot of them to choose from.

so what is your favorite gen one pokemon. there is a lot of pokemon to choose from in gen one of pokemon and personally my favorite pokemon in gen you are eevee and the evolved versions of eevee are vaporeon jolton and flareon because for somereason i just like eeve so back to the main topic what is your favorite gen one pokemon because there are a lot of them to choose from.

A lot = 151 to choose from. :p

My favourites would be Squirtle and Mew. Squirtle because his final form Blastoise has an awesome design and is a pretty good tank, plus in the anime Ash's one had those awesome \ >< / shades. And as for Mew, it wasn't immediate but I grew fond of the Pokemon over time and got very curious about its status as a "hidden Pokemon" at the time. Mew is also generally adorable and playful by nature which makes it cute, as well as being the ancestor to all Pokemon. (Eat your heart out, Arceus.)

Last edited:
cool

I can't name just one, I like way too many of them!:p
Mainly I love Alakazam (great design, it's a genius Pokemon and the smartest one there is, it's a Psychic type which is one of my favorites, it's awesome competitively and so much more), Dragonite (looks cool, it's really strong competitively, has a nice stat spread and moveset allowing for great strategies and is a Dragon) and, finally, Kingler (cool design, love the 1-ton pincer thing, has incredible attacking power, really good moveset and it's overall a really good, yet often overlooked and forgotten, Pokemon)!

Squirtle is the best like no water type ever was!
To evolve him was my real test to make him OP was my cause :whistle:

Ok joke aside who doesn't love squirtle? (Omg Squirtle auto translated to Squirt Ketchup before I posted this XD)
The squirtle squad were the coolest group of gen 1 Pokemon ever in my opinion.
The gen 1 starters came in XY I got even more hyped.
This is my opinion on Squirtle

image.jpeg GENGAR CLAN!
Just cause he is awsome and just boss itself tho.

It's either Mew or Pikachu >.<)/

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Eveelutions,especially Jolteon and Flareon:Not really main game related,but Jolteon was the first Rare I ever pulled from a tcg booster(It was rising rivals,if i remember correctly)
Slowpoke:I have alot in common with it,just that im not slow
Slowbro(Obvious I know)
Rhydon:Quite a big Threat in the maingame
Nidoking:Threat in early gens
Nidoqueen:^
Zapdos,Moltres and Articuno
Mew
Fearow:I dont like it competively,I just like the Pokemon itself
Porygon:Triple Beam actually is quite op in early gens
Ninetales:Competiviley useful and looks great
Wigglytuff:Cute and Disturbing at once,also quite useful in older Gens
Arcanine(even if has a stupid name [Its Latin for "Burning Dog"/"Fire Dog"Ars+Canine])
Magneton:I still get confused playing Gen 1,due to it only being electic type back then
Farfetch'D
Gengar:Looks menacing and is op
Hitmonchan:Quite Gimmicky,but can be useful
Scyther:I alwasy liked it,but in the first games it was pretty useless,beacuse it didnt learn bug attacks
Electabuzz
Magmar
Gyarados:Who doesnt like it,I think it should be Dragon Type instead of flying tho
Lapras:Not really that useful,but I remember it alot beacuse of Mystery Dungeon
Ditto:I like the concept and love the fact that it looks like a Jell-O blob
Omastar:I just like Fosill Mons
Kabutops:^
Aerodactyl:^
Dratini:Not that strong,but I find it cute
Mew:Cute + Op
Mewtu:Op

Last edited:
Back