Favorite "Kiddie" Anime

• Thread starter Chronal
  • Start date
Chronal

Chronal

egirl no 1
Towns Folk
Everyone remembers watching Pokémon or Yugioh when they were younger. What were your favorite "Kiddie" animes, and are there any you like more now than you did before?

My favorite anime was "Zatch Bell". I found it hilarious, I loved the action, and the characters were generally enjoyable. My favorite episodes the earlier fillers though. While no plot really happened, the jokes in those episodes are some I still quote today.

One "Kiddie" anime I've been watching more recently is "Inazuma Eleven". I've recently gotten into a soccer binge, thanks in the most part to my soccer-obsessed father, and discovering this anime was pretty cool. I love a ton of the characters, and I found the mix of a familiar sport and "OMG! FIRE AND ICE AND FLYING PENGIUNS OH MY!!!" to be just what I need.

Reactions: Kakea and Slayerpon Tatsu
I love Pokemon, Digimon and magical girl (Ojamajo) Doremi xD
I wouldn't say Inazuma Eleven is a kiddie anime since so many fans are adults (20+)
Zatch Bell is also one of my fave and also Beelzebub.

Hmm I love Pokemon atleast the first 14 seasons! I really like it in my opinion the original anime was nice and I think they are stretching a bit to much. But I also liked Yu gi Oh and Digimon >.> Digimon and yu gi oh are good but I think they are a rip off- of pokemon

I watched Pokemon, which was my favorite for a few months, until i found a channel alled CW for kids that had Yu-Gi-Oh and a weird show called Magi-nations which is rreally cool but weird o_O http://www.tv.com/shows/magi-nation/ Info about it on link :/

I loved Zatch Bell! Zatch was so cute! Another favorite of mine was Chis' new home, I loved it because it was about a kitten! And the best part is the creator of Death Note made it.

Hamtaro was another favorite of mine, and I'm not sure if this counts as a 'kiddie' anime but Bobobo-Bobobobo was my favorite. It was random and just plain funny!

i never finished watching zatch bell... did that every get fully dubbed? i think toonami might've dropped it before then...

I like Doreamon. Its super cute. Also, I kinda consider Ika Musume as a kiddie anime

i still think ika needs another season. presumably with a sister or friend or something coming from the ocean conserned with why she hasn't come home from the surface yet. medabots has great nostalgia value too, but the 2nd season (or series i guess?) with the kilabots is crap. i mean the thing itself is fine, but the ikki's voice is inconsistent. he sound's even younger then the very first episode. ;-; dub anyway.... i might go back and watch sub at some point...

I wouldn't say Inazuma Eleven is a kiddie anime since so many fans are adults (20+)
I understand your point, but that doesn't change the target audience. Other examples of shows like this would be Steven Universe and MLP. Plus, in other countries like Spain and Japan, it's more popular with kids, mainly because Soccer as a whole is more popular there.

I guess Miyazaki films are also kid friendly anime

Magi Nation was probably my favorite kiddie anime. It's basically a copycat of Pokemon and Digimon, yet I found it the most interesting. It was very fun to watch when I was younger because of the 3 character's different personalities that made them the best team. Some people would say that this is simply a cartoon, but it has some anime characteristics to it - most noticeably being the art style.

I loved Digimon because it has creative designs for each Digimon and their digivolution (if that even is a word =P)And Digimon is definitely better than the Pokémon anime.I loved the anime as much as I enjoyed the game.I think they should make a new Digimon game in 3D graphics.I mostly loved the first season because I miss the original characters.I loved the second season as well but the first season is kinda better.I love that show so much! ^w^

Reactions: Doctor Strange
I'd say Pokemon the most since it was really a nice anime and I'd really love all of the episodes that I'd watch . Yeah , I agree it is kinda kiddy but still I like watching it to this date :p I don't think I remember watching any other than that though but my brother and sister really liked Zatch Bell :p

I know this may sound silly, but I watched Princess Tutu when I was 13 or 14. I love ballet and the consept of each episode was very unique. I remember hating Kraehe(I forgot how her name was spelt)'s guts. Mytho annoyed me Fakir was cool nearing the ending of the series. I consider this a kiddie anime because the show is meant for ages 7 to 10.

I also consider Sailor Moon a kiddie anime because it is meant(I assume) for little girls whose wish was to grow up a hero. That show has a TON of episodes though. I am not even done with it and I started watching the anime 2 or 3 years ago. I still have around 89 episodes(not including the movies unless the 200 episode count includes the movies). I don't get how such a young mind can take that many episodes in a show, but its good because of the humor and whatnot.

Reactions: Kakea
I remember only three, Pokémon, Sonic X and Yu-Gi-Oh! (<--or soething like that). The latter was on TV only very shortly so I never got time to figure out whether I really like it. I absolutely loved SOnic X but for unknown reasons that one too lasted only briefly. So the only kiddie animé I can really have an opinion on is Pokémon so therefore it's my favourite. :p

Besides the usual Pokemon and Digimon, I also really liked Cyborg Kuro-chan and Crayon Shin-chan. Such a shame these two animes are so hard to find subbed/dubbed online these days. I'd love to binge them for fun again.

Pokemon.
I'm rewatching all of kantto ATM.

Reactions: Kakea
Doreamon because it is cute to watch and I feel like it makes me happy even when I'm feeling sad.

My favorite kiddie anime is probably Pokemon. I still watch it today because it is entertaining. I love all the adventure and all the battles in the show. I enjoyed watching yu gi oh. Also I watched Doreamon. Another one is dragon ball z. I liked the raw battles in the show and all the characters turning super saiyan.

There's two kiddie anime that I really freaking love. Well two, if you don't count pokemon or digimon. Firstly, there Sgt. Frog, which is hilarous despite how many times I've re watched it over and over. The humor is hilarous for people who are kids, and for those who can catch the slightly more inapropiate references. And then there's Squid Girl, which one could argue is a Sgt. Frog ripoff, but she's a squid from the bottom of the sea trying to enslave the world, it's totally different! XD These two are both hilarous and are the most mild anime I know (I tend to watch the really bloody gory ones, so I dunno too many kid friendly ones)

Back