Favorite "Kiddie" Anime

• Thread starter Chronal
  • Start date
There's two kiddie anime that I really freaking love. Well two, if you don't count pokemon or digimon. Firstly, there Sgt. Frog, which is hilarous despite how many times I've re watched it over and over. The humor is hilarous for people who are kids, and for those who can catch the slightly more inapropiate references. And then there's Squid Girl, which one could argue is a Sgt. Frog ripoff, but she's a squid from the bottom of the sea trying to enslave the world, it's totally different! XD These two are both hilarous and are the most mild anime I know (I tend to watch the really bloody gory ones, so I dunno too many kid friendly ones)
...a squid trying to enslave the world? Can you explain that a bit more?

So she was a squid at the bottom of the sea, but she noticed how humans were destroying the Earth with all their polluting ways. So she swims out of the ocean and into a beach, hoping to conquer humanity and enslave them while Squids rule the world. But she gets really distracted easily, and ends up working for two sisters at a seaside restaurant. And the show from there is about how Squid Girl learns more about humans, while secretly coming up with a way to rule the world (and usually how she's easily outsmarted by the sisters)

So she was a squid at the bottom of the sea, but she noticed how humans were destroying the Earth with all their polluting ways. So she swims out of the ocean and into a beach, hoping to conquer humanity and enslave them while Squids rule the world. But she gets really distracted easily, and ends up working for two sisters at a seaside restaurant. And the show from there is about how Squid Girl learns more about humans, while secretly coming up with a way to rule the world (and usually how she's easily outsmarted by the sisters)
Sounds fun :3

In my opinion I would say Pokemon. In truth it was the anime that introduced me to Pokemon. At first I was nagging my parents for Pokemon cards since I saw this kid in school with a wurmple or something. I got jealous xD. The watching the anime boosted my interests even more, and I played my DS Lite with Pokemon Emerald in the GBA slot and Pokemon Platinum in the DS slot :p .

I haven't really watched any other kiddie anime then Pokemon... I have watched way over 50 animes and enjoyed them all, only 4 of them being the Pokemon series. I don't care if I am or am not a kid and still watch kiddie animes... I should get a life.

To~taly different in comparison to how Keroro gets distracted when he tries to take over the world, right? :p Anyways, I should check that out if they're that similar, though Squid Girl may have fewer outdated pop cultural references.

Anyways, my answers are Pokemon, Yugioh, and Sgt. Frog, despite Sgt. Frog's manga being very much pg-13.

Everyone remembers watching Pokémon or Yugioh when they were younger. What were your favorite "Kiddie" animes, and are there any you like more now than you did before?

My favorite anime was "Zatch Bell". I found it hilarious, I loved the action, and the characters were generally enjoyable. My favorite episodes the earlier fillers though. While no plot really happened, the jokes in those episodes are some I still quote today.

One "Kiddie" anime I've been watching more recently is "Inazuma Eleven". I've recently gotten into a soccer binge, thanks in the most part to my soccer-obsessed father, and discovering this anime was pretty cool. I love a ton of the characters, and I found the mix of a familiar sport and "OMG! FIRE AND ICE AND FLYING PENGIUNS OH MY!!!" to be just what I need.
yo I love zatch bell. The first 10 episodes are hilarious. I even have the zatch bell game that was on PS2

The Yo-Kai Watch anime looks promising.

I loved Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z (ON CARTOON NETWORK) and Megaman NT Warrior, My bro showed me megabits MANY years later, it seemed funny! (I used to like Sonic X..... I don't now: it might be the only anime I listed here I wouldn't watch again except the Super Sonic fights!!!)

I watched Pokemon a lot when I was younger, but as BW and XY came along it became quite bad imo. The only real kiddie anime I've watched other than that is Inazuma Eleven - I watched all series including the GO seasons and it was what got me into football lol, it was intense and for a kiddie anime it was certainly enjoyable.

Reactions: Kakea and Chronal
My favorite "Kiddie" anime?

That would be one called "Sakura Card Captor" I used to watch that series with my sister and my aunt.
Everytime a new episode showed on the TV they called me to watch it with them.

Digimon Tamers is best kid's anime.

Reactions: FLCL
Who's seen Ghost Hunt? That one's a pretty soft series if you ask me. I like the various characters and their respective methods
to finding-repelling ghosts. (Nothing I haven't exactly seen before, but more my style somehow. I can't explain it, you just had
to be there.)

I've been meaning to watch Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal via Hulu; Subbed of course, as the characters may curse a little more than the englishes. (Saw the first episode awhile back. Them street-cleaning robos tho. %) )

Pizza Cats is my favorite. I was a child when I first saw that anime. I do feel old for mentioning it, though.

Sonic X? Yeah I know everyone hates it also dbzkai

Reactions: Kakea
Sonic X? Yeah I know everyone hates it also dbzkai
Try saying that to the Toonami version.

Reactions: Kakea
I'm talking about sonic X dbzkai was good especially toonami ver I'm saying everyone hates sonic x

LOL this reminds me of the other day, when me and my best buddies were talking about trash animes and why they are trash, and the subject changed to what was your first anime, and me and my friend simultainiously said for no reason other than to troll : "tellitubbies". No but my favorite kiddie anime is definatly Avatar: the last airbender, because it is/was not only Nickalodians best show, but by some belived to be one of the best animes of all time. Also, uncle iroh singing "soldier boy" makes me cry. I'm gonna leave this here... watch it.

Reactions: SuperMikeX
Our cable died before the Kai came on.... :( I read somewhere it copies the manga lines and scenes Exactly... or closer than the other versions!

Reactions: SuperMikeX
Back