Favorite Pokemon Combos?

• Thread starter jamesnail12
  • Start date
You can use Life Orb with Pokemon that don't have abilities like Magic Guard or Sheer Force, losing 10% of your health every turn for 30% more damage and the ability to switch up moves is worth it, though I don't agree with using Life Orb on Talonflame due to its strongest STAB moves having recoil damage, if you want to boost a move like Brave Bird but want the ability to switch up moves, use Sharp Beak.

First off, check how much accuracy Will-O-Wisp has! If it misses even once, you are DEAD! You are also forgetting that Regirock can also use Zap Cannon and ruin your strategy! Also, a single Lum Berry ruins your strategy too! Now, about the Life Orb, just because you are a beginner, let me spell it out for you! Half of Rayquaza's movesets are stat dropping or recoil moves! No matter how much damage you can inflict, if the opponent survives, that 10% HP you lose each turn can lead to you getting 1-Hit KOed! Life Orb should ONLY be used with Pokemon that won't lose any HP by the secondary effect! Simple as that! Finally, when I told you to test this team, you avoided my question! I didn't ask what your rank is, I asked how many times out 10 battles did you lose!

1.- Yes, WoW can miss, like almost every single move in Pokémon. Saying that WoW is bad 'cause it can fail is like saying that M-Lopunny is bad 'cause HJK can miss

2.- You just blamed me for using WoW accuracy, and then you bring the second worst accuracy move in the game
Also, this Talon is SpDef, and Regirock has a bad SpAtk, Zap Cannon does less than a burned Rock Slide, and can fail easily

Calcs
0 Atk burned Regirock Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Talonflame: 212-252 (59 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Regirock Zap Cannon vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 90-108 (25 - 30%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

You need like 3 Zap Cannons to do as much as a SINGLE burned Rock Slide

Are you sure you are good in Pokemon?

3.- Why someone would send Talonflame into a Regirock in the first place? There is a button in the Right-Down corner of the bottom screen that makes your Pokemon switch.

Why not, instead of staying in, and risking a lum berry or a critical hit, why not send out a Pokemon that can take Regirock better, like my Hippodown or my Clefairy?

4.- Dude, you just said it, almost all of Rayquaza moves have recoil or stats drops...

That means is going to get OHKO with or without the 10% Life Orb

Do the calcs for yourself, if you don't believe me

Ah, btw, my lose rate is about 2,6/10.

My team is kinda weak to Zard-X, Mega Aerodactil and Thundurus, so Im still working on it :p

You can use Life Orb with Pokemon that don't have abilities like Magic Guard or Sheer Force, losing 10% of your health every turn for 30% more damage and the ability to switch up moves is worth it, though I don't agree with using Life Orb on Talonflame due to its strongest STAB moves having recoil damage, if you want to boost a move like Brave Bird but want the ability to switch up moves, use Sharp Beak.
Life Orb should be used by Pokemon that either avoid taking damage by their abilities (Sheer Force or Magic Guard), by Pokemon that have means of recovering HP naturally (Rain Dish, etc.), have recovery moves (Starmie) or are already extremely frail and need it for some quick damage (Weavile)!

1.- Yes, WoW can miss, like almost every single move in Pokémon. Saying that WoW is bad 'cause it can fail is like saying that M-Lopunny is bad 'cause HJK can miss

2.- You just blamed me for using WoW accuracy, and then you bring the second worst accuracy move in the game
Also, this Talon is SpDef, and Regirock has a bad SpAtk, Zap Cannon does less than a burned Rock Slide, and can fail easily

Calcs
0 Atk burned Regirock Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Talonflame: 212-252 (59 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Regirock Zap Cannon vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 90-108 (25 - 30%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

You need like 3 Zap Cannons to do as much as a SINGLE burned Rock Slide

Are you sure you are good in Pokemon?

3.- Why someone would send Talonflame into a Regirock in the first place? There is a button in the Right-Down corner of the bottom screen that makes your Pokemon switch.

Why not, instead of staying in, and risking a lum berry or a critical hit, why not send out a Pokemon that can take Regirock better, like my Hippodown or my Clefairy?

4.- Dude, you just said it, almost all of Rayquaza moves have recoil or stats drops...

That means is going to get OHKO with or without the 10% Life Orb

Do the calcs for yourself, if you don't believe me

Ah, btw, my lose rate is about 2,6/10.

My team is kinda weak to Zard-X, Mega Aerodactil and Thundurus, so Im still working on it :p
1- I didn't say Will-O-Wisp is bad, I said your strategy is bad for relying on a move that misses 15% of the time!

2- I only mentioned Zap Cannon as you seem to be forgetting all about accuracy. You are also forgetting that 100% paralysis you will get, ruining your Talonflame for good! Discharge does the same job and also hits Sharpedo in doubles with a 30% paralysis chance for both! One last thing, Zap Cannon has THE worst accuracy there is! NOT the second worse! Learn how to play first then try to act like you know stuff!

3- Why would someone even send a Regirock against a Talonflame in the first place? I just mentioned some Pokemon that can totally beat it without much effort, but you just got obsessed with Regirock for some reason! Also, it's obvious you are going to switch, so he can get a free switch or Stealth Rock turn if that's what bothers you!

4- That's ONLY if you are using regular and not mega Rayquaza! Also, even the non-mega on can tank hits too you know! It just needs some HP to do so!

Your lose rate means that it's average, not good. Good is only if your win rate is 9/10 battles!

PS: Answer me this, say you have a Greninja with 4 different types of moves, all attacks that can hit many things super effectively. What item will you give it? Depending on your answer, I will know how good you are.

1- I didn't say Will-O-Wisp is bad, I said your strategy is bad for relying on a move that misses 15% of the time!

2- I only mentioned Zap Cannon as you seem to be forgetting all about accuracy. You are also forgetting that 100% paralysis you will get, ruining your Talonflame for good! Discharge does the same job and also hits Sharpedo in doubles with a 30% paralysis chance for both! One last thing, Zap Cannon has THE worst accuracy there is! NOT the second worse! Learn how to play first then try to act like you know stuff!

3- Why would someone even send a Regirock against a Talonflame in the first place? I just mentioned some Pokemon that can totally beat it without much effort, but you just got obsessed with Regirock for some reason! Also, it's obvious you are going to switch, so he can get a free switch or Stealth Rock turn if that's what bothers you!

4- That's ONLY if you are using regular and not mega Rayquaza! Also, even the non-mega on can tank hits too you know! It just needs some HP to do so!

Your lose rate means that it's average, not good. Good is only if your win rate is 9/10 battles!

PS: Answer me this, say you have a Greninja with 4 different types of moves, all attacks that can hit many things super effectively. What item will you give it? Depending on your answer, I will know how good you are.

I don't know if you are being dumb, sarcastic, or just trolling... I'm pretty sure the last one because no one can be that dumb.

Anyways

1, 2, 3, 4: I already explained this like 3 times and you are saying the same stuff al over again... so im not eve bothering

8,4/10 Is above average, and I said that with THAT team I have that win rate.
I ussualy win about 9,2/10 in Singles and about 7,9/10 in VGC (Im still learning the doubles format :p)

And about you Greninja question. You can't decide who is good or who is bad with a single question that even someone that doesn't play Pokemon can know by just looking on Google... and probably the "correct" answer is going to be conpletely based in your opinon, making the question even more usseless... anyways:

First you didn't said what format was (Singles, Doubles, etc) or the moves it has, or even the nature and Ev Spread, second, the ideal Item depends on what your team needs...

Good items for greninja could be

Life Orb with Naive, max Speed, 44 Atk and the rest in SpA, so it can OHKO Azumarril with Gunk Shot, or
2HKO Chansey with Low Kick

Focus Sash with max Speed and Max SpA for a Offensive Lead

Even Expert Belt or Choice Scarf (to outspeed 145-150 Spe Mons) could be a good idea (If you don't like Life Orb, since is such a baaaad Item, isn't it?)

Anyways, I'm not going to take seriously what you are about to say about me, because I'm pretty sure you are a troll or the worst Pokemon player in this side of the Mississippi, and is going to be based in your "completely accurate knowledge" about the metagame

Goodbye

I don't know if you are being dumb, sarcastic, or just trolling... I'm pretty sure the last one because no one can be that dumb.

Anyways

1, 2, 3, 4: I already explained this like 3 times and you are saying the same stuff al over again... so im not eve bothering

8,4/10 Is above average, and I said that with THAT team I have that win rate.
I ussualy win about 9,2/10 in Singles and about 7,9/10 in VGC (Im still learning the doubles format :p)

And about you Greninja question. You can't decide who is good or who is bad with a single question that even someone that doesn't play Pokemon can know by just looking on Google... and probably the "correct" answer is going to be conpletely based in your opinon, making the question even more usseless... anyways:

First you didn't said what format was (Singles, Doubles, etc) or the moves it has, or even the nature and Ev Spread, second, the ideal Item depends on what your team needs...

Good items for greninja could be

Life Orb with Naive, max Speed, 44 Atk and the rest in SpA, so it can OHKO Azumarril with Gunk Shot, or
2HKO Chansey with Low Kick

Focus Sash with max Speed and Max SpA for a Offensive Lead

Even Expert Belt or Choice Scarf (to outspeed 145-150 Spe Mons) could be a good idea (If you don't like Life Orb, since is such a baaaad Item, isn't it?)

Anyways, I'm not going to take seriously what you are about to say about me, because I'm pretty sure you are a troll or the worst Pokemon player in this side of the Mississippi, and is going to be based in your "completely accurate knowledge" about the metagame

Goodbye
I only have two things to say to you. One, you didn't answer what I said in 1-4 because you know that I;m right and you just don't want to make a fool out of yourself. Two, you just now proved you know nothing about the game. The question I asked had a keyword that you would understand only if you were average or above in experience, which you clearly are not. Read the question again. See those two words I used? "Super effectively"? You didn't understand the question then so let me explain. If you can hit most types super effectively with the 4 moves that you have, then the best item to use is Expert Belt (your THIRD option) regardless of build!

PS: Just the fact that you mentioned google shows how you decide your strategies! Smogon should ONLY be a reference, not decide how you play the game!

I only have two things to say to you. One, you didn't answer what I said in 1-4 because you know that I;m right and you just don't want to make a fool out of yourself. Two, you just now proved you know nothing about the game. The question I asked had a keyword that you would understand only if you were average or above in experience, which you clearly are not. Read the question again. See those two words I used? "Super effectively"? You didn't understand the question then so let me explain. If you can hit most types super effectively with the 4 moves that you have, then the best item to use is Expert Belt (your THIRD option) regardless of build!

PS: Just the fact that you mentioned google shows how you decide your strategies! Smogon should ONLY be a reference, not decide how you play the game!

640px-Annoyed-facepalm-picard-l.png

That's it... I'm out
I'm sure that anyone that reads your comments and has enough experience in Pokémon knows what did you said/did wrong

I'm tired of dealing with this guy

Go play with your AV Dragon Danve Rayquaza

Reactions: Mr. Kream
What I like to do is max out Articuno's defences, then use Mind Reader on the first turn and Sheer Cold on the second turn resulting in an instant KO. Don't know if this is a combo but it works most of the time.

@Tho I don't mean to incite anything that's already done, but if you haven't found out already, I do want to suggest that when comparing Life Orb against Expert Belt or anything else, you should have a better understanding of how they affect the damage they amplify. Unlike the Life Orb, Expert Belt multiplies the base power of moves by 1.2, such as for a Talonflame's Bravebird, it's base of 120 damage becomes 144, and that's if and only if the attack is super effective, just the same had it it been given Sharp Beak. Life Orb doesn't work that way... Life Orb is like the Choice items and multiplies offensive stats by 1.3 consistently which would yield roughly 10% more damage each and every time including when Expert Belt gets lucky and gets the super effective blow. The two items shouldn't be compared when Life Orb outclasses Expert Belt in every situation. Sorry to admit it, but he was right about Life Orb, you might not like the loss of health, but it's most effective use is with hard hitting glass cannons, like Greninja and Talonflame. It is by no means an item to be reserved for specific situations like Sheer Force and Magic Guard, but instead probably one that will be used in every team.

@jamesnail12 I really like to pair Heal Pulse users with Bulky offensive Pokemon for scare tactics.

Last edited:
Back