Favorite PS1 Game?

• Thread starter joethejrpgmaniac
  • Start date
Well, actually we have Zero series, Battle Network series, ZX series, and Star Force series on Ninty handheld :)
Oh yeah, that's true. Idk I thought Sony had the advantage with Megaman with games like Maverick Hunter X (graphically-updated remake for PlayStation of MegaMan X for SNES)

It's a tie between Tekken 3 and Crash Team Racing. Such good memories from my childhood. Makes me nostalgic.

Reactions: dwikrid
It's a tie between Tekken 3 and Crash Team Racing. Such good memories from my childhood. Makes me nostalgic.
Same here, I loved Tekken 3, use to play it all the time, Nina :love:

Reactions: 18
id have to say residen evil 1-3 and final fantasy 7 and 9 and crash banidcoot is actually one of my favorites as well cx

Final Fantasy 7.

Gran Turismo 2 and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
PS: Don't laugh at me, I haven't played FFVII.

Gran Turismo 2 and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
PS: Don't laugh at me, I haven't played FFVII.
hey, there's nothing wrong with liking SPYRO :p Spyro's a dragon and who doesn't love dragons? xD All jokes aside, yeah, Spyro's a legit game from what I've seen/heard

hey, there's nothing wrong with liking SPYRO :p Spyro's a dragon and who doesn't love dragons? xD All jokes aside, yeah, Spyro's a legit game from what I've seen/heard

Yes, and I even played it (emulation) on the EmuStation Portable :p ! But the 2nd one is still giving me a pain to progress... Just like that FF spinoff, Chocobo racing. I got the feeling of controlling a soap ! There was a lot of features who could have been interesting, but, they messed up everything ! Why, Square Enix ? Why ?

My most favorite PS1 game will have to be Largo Winch, it was one awesome game. I played it a lot, it was similar to Mission Impossible game that was good too.

My most favorite PS1 game will have to be Largo Winch, it was one awesome game. I played it a lot, it was similar to Mission Impossible game that was good too.
Out of curiosity, what's Largo Winch like in terms of story and characters and all that? I mean, you mentioned it's similar to Mission Impossible game, but could you elaborate?

Aw man, I grew up with this console! Some of my favorite games include:
-Crash Bandicoot and Spyro The Dragon Series (They are the first thing that come to my mind whenever I hear the name "PlayStation".)
-Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
-Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge
-Gex: Enter the Gecko
-Intelligent Qube
-Jet Moto
-PaRappa the Rapper
-Rayman 1
-RayStorm
-Road Rash
-Star Wars: Demolition
-Steel Reign
-Tiny Toon Adventures: The Great Beanstalk (reccommended if you love a good laugh :3)
-Tomba!

Reactions: Reece
Hmm.. I supposed my all time fav PS1 game is FF IX since its the first game of the series that i played:p
The story, graphics and character development was excellent
Even it was called the true final fantasy by some :rolleyes:

Oh, and some runner up maybe Crash Team Racing, Bomberman (really fun in multiplay :p)

I know I already commented on some of my favorite games, but I didn't add much detail to it, so I just wanted to share how some of those five looked (in gameplay) :)

1) Breath of Fire 4
BoFIVBox.png

bof4-10.png

2) Legend of Legaia
Legend_of_Legaia_Coverart.png

lapis_special1.jpg

3) Final Fantasy VII

Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg

FFVIIbattlexample.jpg

4) Digimon World 3
Digimonworld3boxart.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

It's basically like Pokemon X/Y

5)The Legend of Dragoon
Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg

legend-of-dragoon-ps1-ingame-71532.jpg

The Ps1 has awesome RPGs!

I know I already commented on some of my favorite games, but I didn't add much detail to it, so I just wanted to share how some of those five looked (in gameplay) :)

1) Breath of Fire 4
BoFIVBox.png

bof4-10.png

2) Legend of Legaia
Legend_of_Legaia_Coverart.png

lapis_special1.jpg

3) Final Fantasy VII

Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg

FFVIIbattlexample.jpg

4) Digimon World 3
Digimonworld3boxart.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

It's basically like Pokemon X/Y

5)The Legend of Dragoon
Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg

legend-of-dragoon-ps1-ingame-71532.jpg

The Ps1 has awesome RPGs!
PS1 was an RPG Console lol, good to see Legend of Dragoon on your list, an underrated little gem. BoF4 is still my favorite in the series.

For me, it is Final Fantasy VII. That game holds many memories, When i saw the picture of Cloud holding his buster sword in front of the Shinra Building. I have finished it more than 3 times. It is really my best part in my childhood, after the N64 :)

For me, it is Final Fantasy VII. That game holds many memories, When i saw the picture of Cloud holding his buster sword in front of the Shinra Building. I have finished it more than 3 times. It is really my best part in my childhood, after the N64 :)
This is actually why I started a thread on the PS1, rather than the N64, the PS1 had so many amazing RPGs such as FF7 whereas the N64 had Paper Mario. Name one other RPG that isn't Quest 64, Shadowgate 64, or Ogre Battl 64, for the n64 and you deserve a medal.

Reactions: 532 and Reece
Crash Bandicoot

One of the Crash games. I don't remember any of the names, but they were good.

(Can't believe I overlooked/didn't look for this thread) Have all 3 of the Spyro games for the PS1 (the only ones I remember I have besides 101 Dalmations). It's a shame I wasn't old enough to enjoy them but they are still awesome. IF Metal Gear Solid from Goodwill worked I would've said I would've liked that one but I wouldn't know.

So I'd say I liked Spyro the Dragon (1st one) the best not only because it wasn't mini game heavy but because it has a hilarious acronym for it (that reason shouldn't even count).

Shame I haven't played many of them. :cry:

(Can't believe I overlooked/didn't look for this thread) Have all 3 of the Spyro games for the PS1 (the only ones I remember I have besides 101 Dalmations). It's a shame I wasn't old enough to enjoy them but they are still awesome. IF Metal Gear Solid from Goodwill worked I would've said I would've liked that one but I wouldn't know.

So I'd say I liked Spyro the Dragon (1st one) the best not only because it wasn't mini game heavy but because it has a hilarious acronym for it (that reason shouldn't even count).

Shame I haven't played many of them. :cry:

I never played the Spyro games... :banghead:

Back