Favorite RPGs! (Not limited to 3DS)

• Thread starter EvanXL64
  • Start date
EvanXL64

EvanXL64

Zelda Fanatic
Towns Folk
One of my favorite RPGs would be Pokemon Y! The feeling of accomplishment after each Gym, the amazing story line, and all with my second favorite Pokemon Yvaltel (first being darkrai:love:)

My favorite RPG of all time would definatly be skies of arcadia, because the game looks beautiful for being released in 1999, it is the second best game for the dreamcast (aside from shenmue 1&2), it's plot is 3 great 5 me, the characters are all so colorful and different yet alike, the level and magic and typing system are all so wonderafully done, it's perfect. The soundtrack is so amazing too. I love it to no end. Honerable mentions include Fire emblem GBA and Final Fantasy 10.

Reactions: EvanXL64
Since its not limited to 3DS, I would say Links Awakening. I loved the dream concept of the game not to mention all the Mario characters in it freaking Shy Guys and ChainChomps in the game.

It's really fun and really hard but I enjoy it.

My favorite RPGs are
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga
Mother 3
Fallout 1 and 2

Mine is Golden Sun, the whole series is awesome.

I need a new one >.<

Reactions: randysilverwolf and EvanXL64
Mother series and Pokemon series have got to be my favorites.

Totally favorite rpgs:
Mother 3
Earthbound/Earthbound Zero
"Tales of" Series
"Star Ocean" Series
"Disgaea" Series

Reactions: EvanXL64 and Skyshaymin
My favorites are pokemon,legend of Zelda,and final fantasy.oh and the mana series.(secret of mana,sword of mana)

im torn between the tales of series, or the final fantasy series, i dont know, also, the fire emblem series, aaaah too much good rpg to choose

Original Golden Sun on GBA, I cant stress how underrated it was. It was so perfect..

My favorites are as follows:
Mother 3- It has great music, a deep story, and it offered a good challenge.
Pokemon X- My favorite part of it was how you can search any Pokemon you want in the GTS as long as you knew how to spell their name. It really helped when completing my Dex. Also matches can get pretty close.
Pokemon Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness- It's 3D Pokemon with Double Battles with the added challenge of catching a trainer's Pokemon.

Practically any Pokemon game :p, Final Fantasy games, and perhaps Undertale and some game called Sands of Destruction were some that I can name. Oh and Bravely Default too because of the really cool Brave and Default mechanic which is really cool in my opinion :p

-yggdra union (gba and psp): a tactical RPG where you need real strategy, you have "battle cards" an each one of them have a movement number and a ability
-persona 3 &4
-xenoblade cronicles
-dissidia 012 final fantasy : its a figthing game with rpg elements, but its very long
-valkirie profile: spoiler, everyone of your characters are dead (?) unfortunately, the true ending its very difficult to get without a guide
- fire emblem games

Mine are
-Mother 3. Loved the story and characters in that and overall a very good game
-Final Fantasy X2 this game was the overlooked sibling to X (it still had a hd remake with X) and I preferred the characters in it than X (although most of their names I can't remember(I'm really bad with names)) the story was good and was very difficult (I was younger when I played it and can't remember how difficult it would be if I were to play it now) and honestly was a very satisfying experience.
-Pokemon gen1 gen 1was the most difficult and the only one that managed to surprise me that being that *kinda spoiler but most people probably know* giovanni was the 8th gym leader and the leader of team rocket as well (get your stuff together police force). The games difficulty was good pacing and you had to do a little bit of grinding here and there.
-Shin megami tensei: Devil survivor series these games (especially 2 were really good and well paced) as well as character and plot development.

I'll add some later if I can remember.

My favorite RPG series are:

#1 Pokemon - I've been playing this game series since the beginning and have loved every new generation more then the last!

#2 Tales of Series - The characteristics of each character makes you either love or hate them on an individual basis.

#3 Fire Emblem - (Awakening and Fates) Still new to the series, but for a SRPG the story lines are amazing!

#4 Golden Sun - As others have said this game was largely underrated. I only wish the story a definitive end.

#5 Legend of Zelda - (specifically Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past) I burned out on the Zelda series after Wind Waker. However, playing Link's Awakening on the original GameBoy was my first introduction to RPG's and A Link to the Past I played on the SNES with my brothers, both are fond nostalgic memories for me.

Reactions: Frisk
My favorite RPGs are

# 1-The legend of zelda (especially A link to the past and Ocarina of time) I love the Legend of zelda games, they have epic soundtrack, great boss battles,userful itens,they are epic.

# 2-Pokémon (all games) who does not like to fight with these little monsters? I love all Pokémon games, I really like when I get in the pokémon league

# 3-Final fantasy (especially Final Fantasy 7) I did not play so much but still in third place

One of my favorite RPGs would be Pokemon Y! The feeling of accomplishment after each Gym, the amazing story line, and all with my second favorite Pokemon Yvaltel (first being darkrai:love:)
i love pokemon and zelda but to be fair, my favorite rpg is probably super mario superstar saga on the gba advance. it was my first rpg game ever and has a fantastic story and awsome gameplay .But to this very day i still cant pass the boss at the lab science place/university. screw that boss its so hard to beat.

Well my fav is also my frist one I ever played, and that is super mario rpg legend of the seven stars

My favorite are Lunar silver star harmony and Final Fantasy X

On Nintendo platforms/systems:
-Xenoblade Chronicles: Well, ever since I tried it, I loved it. The maps are huge, the graphics are well-made for the platforms it was on (Well, that said, the 3D version could have done better, but, let's skip that part), and the story in both games were excellent. Also, those games are quite long, so, it's worth your money in the end.

-Pokémon: Started with it on the GameBoy Color, and followed me through many systems. Personal favourites are Silver (the original one because nostalgia), XD (on the GameCube, and even had that GBA connection feature), Diamond (got it with my DS) and X (same reasons as Diamond but with my 3DS, and a region based on where I live ? Take my money). So, too many reasons why I enjoyed this series.

-Fire Emblem: Started with Path of Radiance on the GameCube, and continued with Radiant Dawn on Wii. Back then, we had no "your character will reappear in the next battle" feature. Because of this, it was more challenging, but, the games were still too good to be ignored (shame that they were though).

On other platforms/systems: (Sony, Microsoft, PC...)

-Final Fantasy (ok, I've only played V and XII though (main-series-wise)) : Played V just for the sake of trying it on my PSP via the PS1-emulation things the PSN had back then, and I loved it (though it featured a nice pack of glitches). And I tried XII at this New Year's Eve, while many were playing Smash on my Wii U, my friend made me try it on his PS2 (mine had died since a long while), and honestly, I liked it as well, since it seemed similar to Xenoblade in some points.

-Persona (3 Portable) : Picked it up on the PSP while it was on sale in a shop near where I live, and I played it entirely. Couldn't "100%" it though (let's say I missed many quests and affinity things during my first playthrough).

Back