Favorite Zelda Instrument?

• Thread starter Risinglink
  • Start date
Of course the Spirit Flute from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, I love how you blew in the DS's Microphone and it just sounded so beautiful, I had fun learning on how to play that instrument!

Does said instrument have to be playable in game? If not, Makar's Violin. Makar is so cool.

The Ocarina, for sure. So mysterious, and peaceful at the same time. I have a friend who has one, same color, and all, and he's a master at it. I wish I could learn how to play it, it's just a really cool instrument. Kind of like a flute, but cooler.

Flute boy's flute (from A link to the past). Though, more for sentimental reasons. A little random, but the tune plays whenever you save in A Link Between Worlds, so in a way, Fulte Boy lives one.

I don't know if Nayru's voice counts but it totally should I just completely love the little song she sings in oracle of ages. I think I'll remember that tune forever and I don't know its just catchy.
Just in case you haven't heard it.

Reactions: Raffy Z
The ocarina! I'm actually getting one irl so I can play zelda songs on it!

I would say the Ocarina and the Spirit Flute from Spirit Tracks.... I love that one especially because of the final song in the end... One of my favorite Zelda songs!
I also loved all the other Lokomo songs as well! :)

The ocarina in Majoras mask when you have the Demi mask in.

My favourite is the Ocarina

either the spirit flute or the Harp(the harp was a total <censored> #skywardswordpumpkinhouse)

Definitely the Ocarina. It's so soothing and I love the songs from Ocarina Of Time. The best. My second favorite is the Wind Waker. I love playing with that as well.

The Ocarina is definitely my favorite. You can play some really awesome tunes like Zelda's Lullaby and Saria's Song. Sometimes I just stop doing everything and just play the ocarina for a couple minutes. I wonder if anyone's come up with their own tunes that they'd like to share. I would love to try them out.

The harp was pretty cool I will admit :p My favourite would also be a harp... the one that sheik plays in Ocarina of Time ;") there's debate about the one that zelda plays in skyward sword supposedly being the same one sheik plays in OoT! Actually, I should probably open up a new thread about that ;P I'll do that later! Anyways, yea, i'd say the harp is my favourite (second favourite being the ocarina of course! ;P) not many other instruments in zelda I can think of besides the harp and the ocarina really...

I liked the spirit flute a lot, because you had to blow into the mic to play it. The Ocarina was probably my second favorite, just because nostalgia, and I can play a bit in real life. :3

My favorite instrument in the entire Zelda series would have to be the Wind Waker from...the Wind Waker. I loved the way that it sounded when you played a song, even if its features were somewhat limited compared to the many abilities of OoT.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Favorite it the well know Ocarina of Time. It's just a nice instrument to play to do many things in the games.I also like the many songs you can play and that you can make your own if you don't accidentally play notes that go to a certain song. Sometimes I'll just play the game and randomly take it out just to play it.

Honestly it would have to be the spirit flute for spirit tracks or the ocarina from the two n64 games I really love the spirit flute sound but the ocarina is so iconic I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks :D

I personally thought that the final duet was simply beautiful. The combination of the Spirit Flute along with the other characters who played with you made for an amazing sound.
I know when I was younger I used to hum along to that all the time

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of the instruments that actually are instruments, the Ocarina of Time is by far my favourite for reasons already stated, but if all music-making items in Zelda count I like the Wind Waker a bit more. Conducting music instead of playing it yourself was an interesting change compared to the earlier titles, and I like the effects of the different songs (despite the overuse of Wind's Requiem in the original). I also like how it sounds and looks when conducting songs, though being unable to compose your own like you could with the Ocarina is a small drawback.

Like pretty much else the ocarina of time is my favorite instrument. There's a reason OOT is my favorite zelda game

The Zora guitar. Like the oot, but guitar form

Back